TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

28/06/14 - Castleford Tigers v Salford Red Devils KO 7pm

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Castleford Tigers (4 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Salford Red Devils (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:21 PM

What's that got to do with adding the best part of 10 minutes on at the end?

Why not ask the head of referees? It's his day job.

#42 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

Would be great

Sounds like the Doc has made enough noise to save face on it.

What's your view on other ins & outs?

Clark is a massive loss, Huby too when confirmed.
Moore I'm not impressed with although not confirmed.
Heard outbid by Fev for Robinson from Giants, his choice.
Need to just trust Powell though, still think he stalled momentum with the Wigan league changes after the cup. But he's the boss

#43 WSCR

WSCR
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

[quote name="snapski" post="2951251" timestamp="1403986784"]The leagues time commissioner Gerry Kershaw was there, take it up with him. Marwan will be along on twitter soon no doubt[/quote
Whoever is in charge of the time commissioner should examine a tape of the match and check if there was any error in the timekeeping just as they check up on other incidents each week.
Do they have the usual clock that is stopped at the referees signal at Castleford?

#44 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:34 PM

Clark is a massive loss, Huby too when confirmed.
Moore I'm not impressed with although not confirmed.
Heard outbid by Fev for Robinson from Giants, his choice.
Need to just trust Powell though, still think he stalled momentum with the Wigan league changes after the cup. But he's the boss

Seems like we could have a weaker squad on paper next term which will frustrating for all after this season.

Losing born & bred Cas lads is a blow

#45 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

When is our luck going to change?

When you start earning your yards rather than being piggy backed up the field I would imagine

s for complaining about "added time" - the same process at Cas is exactly the same as every single game in the league. the clock is on show so everybody can see when it is stopped.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#46 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

What's that got to do with adding the best part of 10 minutes on at the end?

Really??

Grapes sour whine.....

#47 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

I do remember beating Wigan with the last touch, not 1 complaint. Not even Mr Wane,

#48 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

Salford should have defended the play so complaints there, but there are independent commentators who have asked the same questions about an extra 7 minutes.

#49 johnh1

johnh1
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

I'm not taking the bait. I like Cas, I really do. I hope they win the cup and it's great to see an 'unfashionable' club, like ourselves, doing so well. But I do wonder why there was so much added time. Even the commentators on 'tiger radio' or whatever it's called, (very good commentary by the way) were saying time was up a good two minutes before the hooter went.

#50 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

Time keeping became the RFL's responsibility a few years back didn't it?  I'm sure they allocate an official time keeper centrally rather than rely upon individual clubs to employ their own, as in the past. 

#51 Davc1h

Davc1h
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

As someone who went to the match, and a Cas fan, i felt a bit for Salford. They did play quite well.

One thing they certainly did was play the ref better than Cas. Got away with murder at the PTB and off side but they worked out early that the ref was totally incompetent. Cas got pinned for everything.

Should be happy with the win but came away feeling the game was spoiled by Roby!!!!!!!!

#52 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,122 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

As someone who went to the match, and a Cas fan, i felt a bit for Salford. They did play quite well.

One thing they certainly did was play the ref better than Cas. Got away with murder at the PTB and off side but they worked out early that the ref was totally incompetent. Cas got pinned for everything.

Should be happy with the win but came away feeling the game was spoiled by Roby!!!!!!!!

You can't come on here with your eyewitness accounts of actually having been to the game.

It's much preferred to read stuff from people who listened on their magic radios and obviously "saw" everything that went on.

Do keep up.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#53 Davc1h

Davc1h
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:45 PM

You can't come on here with your eyewitness accounts of actually having been to the game.

It's much preferred to read stuff from people who listened on their magic radios and obviously "saw" everything that went on.

Do keep up.

Lol

Apologies, it won't happen again ;)  ;)

#54 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:47 PM

Moaning about the time keeping, isn't that the job of the home side In conjunction with the ref.... Oh well, it's another 2 points for cas and Salford are totally ######

#55 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

Lol

Apologies, it won't happen again ;) ;)

I take it that you are still travelling home after all the extra time that was added on?

#56 johnh1

johnh1
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:55 PM

Do keep up.

Very good. If you are having a go at me, I do happen to live about 2000 miles away from the mend-a-hose jungle, so a bit difficult to get to on a Saturday tea time. I only heard what I heard on the Tiger radio station.

#57 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,122 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:29 PM

Very good. If you are having a go at me, I do happen to live about 2000 miles away from the mend-a-hose jungle, so a bit difficult to get to on a Saturday tea time. I only heard what I heard on the Tiger radio station.

Actually, the person with most relevance to my post supports neither Cas or Salford and, in any case, he'll know it was done in jest.

So, in reply to you, no I wasn't having a swipe and apologies if you thought I was.

But seriously, only 2,000 miles away?

Poor effort not to get there, really.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#58 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:34 PM

Salford should have defended the play so complaints there, but there are independent commentators who have asked the same questions about an extra 7 minutes.

It's no different to every other game in the league

how many 3pm kick offs finish at approx 4:40? All of them because the clock is stopped at all the same places.

If there was so much extra time why didn't Salford use it to their advantage and score during that period like Cas did?

This timekeeping thing really is the sourest of sour grapes
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#59 bricktop

bricktop
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:43 AM

Are Weatherfield fans thick?

Are Weatherfield fans incapable of looking at the "official" timekeepers clock?

Just asking!

#60 Cake Tiger

Cake Tiger
  • Coach
  • 736 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:06 AM

I was there and there was nothing suspicious about the timekeeping. The clock is above the scoreboard and is there for all to see - except, I believe, from the very back of the main stand which is where the radio commentators were likely to be. There were about 50 seconds showing on the clock when Webster scored. The ref stopped it for the usual reasons, including an injury to a Salford player just before the final drop out which led to the winning try. 

The Saturday kick-off was because Cas are on Sky next Thursday and Powell felt it would be beneficial to have an extra day's rest. The 7pm kick-off was so the match would be finished if England happened to be in the World Cup game which kicked off at 9pm. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users