Broncos sign Liam Foran

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,985 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

Too me it looks as though the Broncos are going to make a big effort next season to regain thie Super League status.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/28035790

#2 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:17 PM

And yet some of their "fans" will no doubt plug the line that the club is dead in the water.

I don't know whether Broncos will bounce back at the first time of asking but they certainly seem to be making a big effort to do so.

#3 Henson Park Old Firm

Henson Park Old Firm
  • Coach
  • 288 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:29 AM

With all these signings, for the first time in a long time... the club seems to be functioning as a proper club with Joe Grima...

Its just a shame they haven't won a game yet... Who knows relegation could be a blessing.

#4 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,991 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:19 AM

Who knows relegation could be a blessing.

It should therefore be Wakefield's aim for next year then. Their players this year should not receive any bonus for failing to achieve it.

#5 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:33 AM

It should therefore be Wakefield's aim for next year then. Their players this year should not receive any bonus for failing to achieve it.

Eh, you mad?
On second thoughts scratch that, I know you are

#6 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

Don't shoot me here but has this guy played for Parramatta, how did he get a visa???

#7 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,022 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

I'm holding fire on making any positive or negative comments about what the club will look like next season.  At least it looks like we'll be existing and I'd have taken that at the start of this farce of a season.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#8 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

I'm holding fire on making any positive or negative comments about what the club will look like next season.  At least it looks like we'll be existing and I'd have taken that at the start of this farce of a season.

I did have a fear that London might become the 'Milli Vanilli' of the game next season with 17 random blokes masquerading as RL players.  

#9 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

FWIW I think you will come back strong in 2/3 years with better foundations

#10 Southern Reiver

Southern Reiver
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

Indeed issue though is how many fresh faces we end up with.

Is Foran perceived as a good signing? Think only time I've seen him play was at Salford. Mind you different coach and culture.

#11 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

I watched him last year and he was definitely not Super League standard. However, he wasn't as bad as some Salford fans would have you believe.

They seem to forget that, when Foran (and Mauro) arrived, we didn't have enough fit players to field a starting line up. I was just grateful that they'd been willing to travel halfway round the Earth to pull on a red shirt for us. I know they were paid for that, but still, lots of others wouldn't.

Playing-wise, he showed some nice touches at times, but he was playing behind a pitifully weak pack and never had much time. He was slow and his defence was shocking at times, but I still think there were some decent aspects of his play. He could be a good signing at Championship level, if he gets properly fit.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#12 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:27 PM

As Tony said he had some nice touches, however he wasn't professional enough to get fit enough to play each week.  He was often found stood at the back wheezing. London will need to invest in some big lad shorts.

If he gets fit he could do a job in the lower league.

#13 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:24 AM

I'd agree with the above. He seems a decent enough player and was a bit of a calming influence on our thrown together team. His drawback was a lack of pace, but when he came to Salford, it looked like he'd brought his luggage with him in a belt tied around his midriff, which might explain it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users