TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Sundays Game

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:21 AM

Spent most of the last couple of weeks in Cornwall (need to get my timing better) - seems a long time since our win at North Wales but a lot can happen in 2 weeks - 2 more wins and Watto leaving so onto Sunday and hopefully to get our fourth win on the trot which could make a massive difference to our season - I'm sure that following the regrettable loss of Ian to Salford the lads are even more gelled together and carry our current form into Sunday. 

#2 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

Well said Class
I'm looking forward to a close game.
Think we can win it

#3 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

Watto will be there on Sunday to cheer us on .  I asked him if he was interested in signing on loan until the end of the season but he said he was going to put his feet up !!.

#4 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

Do you think he'd come on the field for a round of applause Riggy? A bit of an official goodbye?

Edited by mark richardson, 27 June 2014 - 01:08 PM.

#5 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

Gaz O'Brien named in Wire's 19 man squad for Sunday. Looks like we're gonna need the 'mystery' half back after all!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#6 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

Maybe.  I will ask the powers that be.

#7 Westernmancunia

Westernmancunia
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:34 PM

Town, according to the table stats, have the fourth meanest defense in the Championship thus far- so even prior to Ian Watson's departure the Lions were going to have their work cut out getting across the whitewash. If we've no one to find the gaps have we got the gas anywhere to run round them?

Town also have the worst attack it would seem ( or do they have a terrible kicker?) in the entire league. They've picked up the most bonus points though. 

Everything indicates a close 'un!

#8 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

Do you think he'd come on the field for a round of applause Riggy? A bit of an official goodbye?

Well said Mark - please let that happen

#9 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:52 PM

Gaz O'Brien named in Wire's 19 man squad for Sunday. Looks like we're gonna need the 'mystery' half back after all!

Oh dear - that is not good news as he has proved a real threat in the last few games and was forming a good partnership with Watson.

#10 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

Town, according to the table stats, have the fourth meanest defense in the Championship thus far- so even prior to Ian Watson's departure the Lions were going to have their work cut out getting across the whitewash. If we've no one to find the gaps have we got the gas anywhere to run round them?
Town also have the worst attack it would seem ( or do they have a terrible kicker?) in the entire league. They've picked up the most bonus points though.
Everything indicates a close 'un!

our kicker is good it's our ability to cross the whitewash dictating where we are in the league. If we could turn our possession into points we would be well clear of the drop zone. Although it has picked up considerably in our last few games against the big boys (we scored 30 away at fax). It will be very close with you in form and over our last few games we've beaten fev, got beat by fax by 2 and pushed Leigh all the way.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

I'd say it's both , but our attacking on plays 1-5 under PV is improving . Now we need play 6 to catch up with it .
We're playing some decent expansive rugby lately , but to often we lack the nous to get rewards for it. I see a close game as well , and one both can feel confident of wining .

#12 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

Who the feck are we playing at halfbacks now Wattos gone and OB and Dwyer are in the wire squad. Jordan Burke, Chris Atkin?

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#13 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

Who the feck are we playing at halfbacks now Wattos gone and OB and Dwyer are in the wire squad. Jordan Burke, Chris Atkin?

Sounds like a good choice !

#14 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

Whoever plays anywhere on the park tomorrow in a blue shirt, they'll be playing for Swinton. Our team, your team, my bloody team! So let's get behind 'em!

This game is massive! Win by 13+ and we go above Worky on the ladder!

The lads need our support, the lads deserve our support, so let's do our bit to keep us in the Championship!

COME ON YOU LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#15 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

Big game tomorrow,going to be a tough game no penalties take our chances, might sneak it but going to be a tough tough game, good luck lads big effort

#16 Westernmancunia

Westernmancunia
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

Jordan Burke/Chris Atkin sounds good - just hope it doesn't take all game long for them to gel and get things happening.

Jordan Burke's done a terrific holding job on the wing - composure under the high ball had to be shown from someone and he's shown it in spades from the games i've seen .

#17 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

In a close game, which this could well be, kicking goals will be important. O'Brien has been doing that job too so I hope whoever is to take over that role has been doing extra practice this week.

#18 Blakemore

Blakemore
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:53 AM

Mick nanyn for goal kicks?? Seems obvious but peet if in team also. I just think it might by a lot of one man rugby today as we lack our main two player makers although ackers is immense and both Burke and atkin can play anywhere I feel. It's going to be a game of territory

Lions by 4
Mom ackers
Crowd 400

#19 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

Chris Atkin is also an established goal kicker

#20 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach