Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sundays Game

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

No credit at all for being 32-0 up away from home then !?

You weren't even there!

#42 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

32-0 to us could have went too 50 but a good team never gives up and 24-32 finish says u guys just keep plugging away and will come good
Good luck under scruffy Duffy ( not wearing a tie) for you guys he is a proper rugby man just don't let him bring in his brother jay to play

#43 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:35 PM

Thought we were poor today - didn't seem to have a plan (I suppose understandable following this weeks events) but Wattos gone now and we have to organise ourselves and move on - 24 unanswered points says a lot for the lads hanging in there but to let Workington get to 32 - 0 is dissapointing to say the least but although the loss of 2 points could be crucial we need to battle on.

#44 Ralph Swintonrlfc

Ralph Swintonrlfc
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

A fair result and a thoroughly deserved victory to you Worky!  We're only gutted as the reality of dropping down a division is looming large! we really needed this one. ah well. we'll never die we'll never die !!!!!!!

#45 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

I thought our pack was superb again yesterday against a very physical Workington side, as for Mr Browns non pass when he went through his pro's far out weigh his cons for this season.  He is my player of the season so far. 

I thought our backs again was a little bit ropey hopefully this is something Mr Duffy can work on in training, I also thought our players looked a bit down following the weeks events.  this is where the coach will earn his coin over the next couple of weeks,

I still believe if we can get a win on Friday we can stay up, from Friday every match is like a cup final. 

#46 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:04 PM

I know nobody's going to give up the cause, coach, players, supporters and if we do end up looking down the barrel,it won't be the end but could be the start of some stability to build for the future it's been very difficult for the club, supporters, players coaching staff not having the ground or finance and you can only tread water for so long,let's support the team and coaching staff and I'm sure we'll turn the corner and the good times return

#47 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

yeah I agree with you Mick, I spoke to a couple of players on the touchline warming up and he was very positive and I was encouraged by there attitudes if the fans take the same approach then we will be ok.

#48 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

Dewsbury then Featherstone up next... the time to speak on the pitch is now. While I do not believe that surviving relegation in the league is ALL that matters it has to be a target and I am sure that everyone involved in the club is aiming for it.

Swinton's games look tough on paper but are there to be won -  I saw  a number of errors creeping back in and some desperate play on Sunday when composure was required (the no pass from Brown, R Hawyard "throwing" it out on a first tackle break to no-one, penalty not reaching touch) but I do not want to point fingers as the players mentioned were stand out performers.

Brought someone new to the game on Sunday and he thoroughly enjoyed the game and the experience so we do have something to sell..,. just hope he is not a jinx ;)

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#49 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

Bbit bored with the 'Brownygate' incident now. I am unclear as to whether a Town player managed to get in the way of the pass or he though Carter would take the dummy. You have a split second to decide and sometimes you make a wrong one. End of!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#50 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

In fact i'd go as far to say we would have probably beaten Town - because they were nothing special.

Thanks for that quote as we don't want to be anything special, we would rather leave that for others to think of themselves.  We want to be known and seen as a workmanlike team with a good team spirit and I think we are getting there with that.   Best of luck for the rest of the season.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#51 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:24 PM

One thing I kept meaning to mention
Why wasn't the 40 20 given towards the end of the game?

Looked clear to me

#52 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:11 PM

Mark, there were a lot of things not given but I think the ref was confused by the pitch and thought the 40 was the half way line. Usually when the kick goes in they shout '40' but there was nothing and just a scrum to workington.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#53 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:45 PM

Even the workington coaching staff couldn't believe it
As long as I wasn't imagining it. Ta

#54 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:07 AM

Atkin was originally outside the 40 but stepped back behind the line to kick. Perhaps Mr Bloem only noted he was over the line......perhaps he was drunk!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users