TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

peterlee v featherston

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guisybaa

Guisybaa
  • Facebook
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:19 AM

looks like another being another hard day at peterlee today, couple of key players missing, but, hey keep the faith....

#2 Death to the Rah Rah's

Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Coach
  • 468 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:50 AM

No disrespect to Peterlee as they must be one hell of a bunch of dedicated players and club in general, but why are they putting themselves through the grinder on a weekly basis?

I appreciate they are at a higher level than their North East counterparts, but would it not be better for the to play in the North West Men's League 1, or the Humberside League, find their level and develop gradually, as players will eventually get sock of being beaten on a weekly basis.

#3 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

No disrespect to Peterlee as they must be one hell of a bunch of dedicated players and club in general, but why are they putting themselves through the grinder on a weekly basis?

I appreciate they are at a higher level than their North East counterparts, but would it not be better for the to play in the North West Men's League 1, or the Humberside League, find their level and develop gradually, as players will eventually get sock of being beaten on a weekly basis.

They're in a bit of a quandry, they did apply to go into the Penine league (i think) however the member clubs voted against due to the travelling costs those teams would incur.   I think the NWML would be similr, plus would involve more travel than they currently do in the NCL, as all 3 hr trips minimm

Having spoken with the officials up there, they know they have a long journey but have an excellent youth set up and hope for improvements over the years.  When they were in their local league the dished out similar scores to the games they have racked up

If you look over the past two seasons there are gradual improvements, it won't be long until their first win, which I think will come this season

#4 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 614 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

It'll be a hell of a party when they do eventually win!

#5 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

We heckmondwike panthers cms yorkshire league 4 played north east colliers/ peterlee pumas home and away in 2007. Fair trek

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#6 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:58 PM

They're in a bit of a quandry, they did apply to go into the Penine league (i think) however the member clubs voted against due to the travelling costs those teams would incur.   I think the NWML would be similr, plus would involve more travel than they currently do in the NCL, as all 3 hr trips minimm

Having spoken with the officials up there, they know they have a long journey but have an excellent youth set up and hope for improvements over the years.  When they were in their local league the dished out similar scores to the games they have racked up

If you look over the past two seasons there are gradual improvements, it won't be long until their first win, which I think will come this season

Actually they only won 4 out of 12 games in the North East premier the season before they stepped up. They wanted the longer season, though think Yorkshire Men's League would have been a more appropriate stepping stone.

#7 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:15 AM

Don't get me wrong though now Peterlee are in the NCL I wish them every success and they do have a good junior and ground set up

#8 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 490 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

Well done Peterlee Pumas today beating Hindley!

#9 shawy13

shawy13
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

That's brilliant. Well done to everyone involved

#10 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

Congratulations Peterlee. Also Hindley aren't even a bad side.

#11 Defender1

Defender1
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

Well done to Peterlee on their first win in the NCL congratulations to all the volunteers involved excellent

#12 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:35 PM

The next 2 games are Heworth away and Eastmoor at home so possible they could win another game or two if they keep up momentum

#13 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

Well done Peterlee and best wishes for the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users