TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Hull and Rovers: How It All Began - Tues 8th July

history heritage

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Victoria Dawson

Victoria Dawson
  • Players
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

Hull and Rovers: How It All Began

Professor Tony Collins

Tues 8 July, 12:30 - 1:30pm

Hull History Centre

Worship Street, Hull, HU2 8BG

http://www.hullhistorycentre.org.uk/

East Hull: Rovers. West Hull: Hull. What could be simpler?

But until 1895, Rovers were West Hull’s team and Hull FC were the pride of East Hull. In this lunchtime talk Professor Tony Collins will explore the origins of rugby’s fiercest rivalry and explain how rugby was born in the pubs, the factories and the docks of nineteenth century Hull.

As this talk will show, it is impossible to tell the history of rugby without telling the story of Hull - and just as impossible to tell the history of Hull without the story of rugby.

Free entry - all welcome

Follow me on Twitter: @VDawsonRL

#2 Victoria Dawson

Victoria Dawson
  • Players
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

Bump.

Follow me on Twitter: @VDawsonRL

#3 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

Shall we run a sweepstake on when the first punch is thrown? ;) 

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#4 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:13 PM

Bump.

Won't be able to make this one unfortunately. Is it the same talk Tony did at the Freedom Centre?

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users