Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Belgium-Netherlands

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

The home team notched up what I think was their first ever win with a 32-16 scoreline here at Brussels University (VUB). Was only 10-6 at the break but the Golden Lions ran out comfortable winners. A good 70-80 in attendance. I won an icepack and an apron in the half-time raffle. Good fun all round.

Edited by Just Browny, 28 June 2014 - 02:56 PM.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#2 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,548 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

Great to have a game played and to be able to get a crowd and run a game at an early stage is impressive progress. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#3 yanto

yanto
  • Coach
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:07 PM

The home team notched up what I think was their first ever win with a 32-16 scoreline here at Brussels University (VUB). Was only 10-6 at the break but the Golden Lions ran out comfortable winners. A good 70-80 in attendance. I won an icepack and an apron in the half-time raffle. Good fun all round.

Double for Belgium they beat the Dutch 22-6 in Delft back in June 2013.

#4 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:36 AM

Belgium defeated Holland 32-16 at the VUB-Sports department in Brussels, crossing for six tries.

Man of the match Simon Marotte led the way, opening the scoring in the fourth minute after a clever dummy.

Holland responded to lead 6-4 at the break, stand off Brian Roos with their try, goaled by Uri Breman.

Five minutes into the second period, a terrific break by Belgium full back Medhi Hrim saw Lelio Guimar cross, Kevin Williams goaling.

But the Dutch were back in front straight after, great handling sending their best, Marcus Holden over, Breman with the extras.

Tries just before and after the hour gave the hosts the ascendancy, Steven Garofalo sprinting 60 metres and prop Sydney-Jordan Muluma powering over, Williams goaling both to make it 22-12.

Holden’s sensational 90 metre run for his second try narrowed the gap to a converted score but Belgium finished strongly.

Simon Troquereaux was on the end of some terrific teamwork and Josquin Dewinne went 30 metres to the posts, impressive scrum half Williams landing his fourth conversion.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users