Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Todd Carney has been sacked.

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#41 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Presumably one of his friends was responsible for the leak.

#42 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,819 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

I think the booze he drank was responsible for that ;)
Posted Image

#43 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,797 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

Would you want your child doing it?

i wouldnt want, or expect my child to follow the example set by a drunken RL player.

I get the role model thing, but that shouldnt mean we hang anybody who does anything wrong out to dry.

I am surprised to see such fuss about this one, but i suspect he's perhaps been.on a warning of zero tolerance due to past behaviour.

#44 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 982 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

They aren't the only ones either. Every club he's been at, so far as I can gather, has sacked him because of his behaviour and because he tarnished their image.

I doubt very much Leeds would want him regardless of his talent. And I would hate it if any English club took him, assuming he could get a visa (which he couldn't when Huddersfield tried to sign him) because it would show us up as taking Australia's rejects.

There's plenty of Aussies who couldn't even lace Todd Carney's boots running around the Super League. Regardless of what he's like as a person, he's a very talented and gifted player. He'd be the best player since Lyon if he could get a visa. I'd be willing to forgive him for peeing in his own mouth too, again, not that I'm condoning it.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#45 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

I've PM'd you a link to the Kirmond photo! So what do you reckon? Should he be sacked?!

Yes.  Thanks for that!  ( :bad:

I don't know how Kirmond was dealt with (though I could think of a few suggestions!) but IMO the club should have adopted the same approach as NZ Warriors did towards Konrad Hurrell.  Sex is normal; peeing in one's own mouth isn't.  Uploading a photo of yourself having sex is plain dumb, particularly if you're an ugly sod!

#46 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

Would you want your child doing it?

You must think Bear Grylls is the anti Christ then. As almost everything he does I wouldn't want my child doing. Including drinking his own ######.

#47 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,819 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

Yes. Thanks for that! ( :bad: )

I don't know how Kirmond was dealt with (though I could think of a few suggestions!) but IMO the club should have adopted the same approach as NZ Warriors did towards Konrad Hurrell. Sex is normal; peeing in one's own mouth isn't. Uploading a photo of yourself having sex is plain dumb, particularly if you're an ugly sod!

I'm pretty sure what Kirmond had done to him wouldn't be classed as "normal".l
Posted Image

#48 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

There's plenty of Aussies who couldn't even lace Todd Carney's boots running around the Super League. Regardless of what he's like as a person, he's a very talented and gifted player. He'd be the best player since Lyon if he could get a visa. I'd be willing to forgive him for peeing in his own mouth too, again, not that I'm condoning it.

I couldn't care less about his talent.  He hasn't respected it so why should I?  I wouldn't be willing to forgive him for peeing in his own mouth, or over the poor sod at the night club, or for setting somebody's pants on fire and burning them or for the lives he has put at risk by drink driving and threatening behaviour.  So no, he can sod off.  I hope nobody in this country is so desperate as to contemplate recruiting him but, if they are, I'd fully support the UK Borders Agency in blocking any visa application he may make!  We can do without idiots like him over here.  We have enough of our own.

And now I'm going to have to watch something fabulous because I have that image of Danny Kirmond in my head and it is making me want to vom.

#49 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

I'm pretty sure what Kirmond had done to him wouldn't be classed as "normal".l

Sex isn't normal then?  Oh.  Here was me thinking it was.  Oops! 

(Perhaps he'd just had a shower?  Ewww ... )

#50 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

You must think Bear Grylls is the anti Christ then. As almost everything he does I wouldn't want my child doing. Including drinking his own ######.

Well, that's my point really!  If we don't want our children turning into Bear Grylls then we don't let them watch him do we?  And we don't advocate what he does, etc, etc.  Likewise for rugby league players and children who look up to them.

Not saying that watching Bear Grylls would automatically turn children into him!  But I'm just saying parents make those choices about what influences their children are to be open to.

Edited by Saintslass, 29 June 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#51 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,819 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

Sex isn't normal then? Oh. Here was me thinking it was. Oops!

(Perhaps he'd just had a shower? Ewww ... )

Was that sex?
Isn't peeing on someone a sex act? Maybe he was practicing...
Posted Image

#52 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 982 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

The guy is a deadset moron, granted, but who are we to judge? Sometimes you can't help being stupid. He gets paid for playing the game and he is very good at it though. Like I said, I'd love to see him at Leeds and as stupid as peeing in your own mouth is, it's not illegal or even morally wrong. He hasn't harmed anyone else in this instance. He's just been a grade A d••• to himself.

#53 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

Was that sex?

Well ... I don't think this is the right forum to get into a discussion about sex, do you?  So I will leave your first question unanswered.

As to your second, I assume you studied biology at school?

#54 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

The guy is a deadset moron, granted, but who are we to judge? Sometimes you can't help being stupid. He gets paid for playing the game and he is very good at it though. Like I said, I'd love to see him at Leeds and as stupid as peeing in your own mouth is, it's not illegal or even morally wrong. He hasn't harmed anyone else in this instance. He's just been a grade A d••• to himself.

He has harmed himself, the image of his club and the image of the sport.  Nothing is without consequence and everything has a moral value.  And I don't see anything wrong in him being judged when there are diverse people in the fanbase and at the sponsors' table who may not share his prediliction or his wish for it to be shared with the rest of the world.

#55 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 982 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:51 PM

Was that sex?

I wonder if he could taste the bubbles.

#56 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,797 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

Well ... I don't think this is the right forum to get into a discussion about sex, do you? So I will leave your first question unanswered.

As to your second, I assume you studied biology at school?

if you are taking that stance, id be stunned if Kirkmond's act was in any school biology books!!!

#57 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

Except that was PRETEND. He didn't actually give a dog a bj/get a bj off a dog (I can't remember which it was!). Had he done so then the same would apply.

Ah, pretend. Righty ho. Wonder if the dog knew.

I think the fact that you can't remember it probably says a lot. Once seen not forgotten.

Mognahan and Carney both acts of the same order.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#58 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 982 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

He has harmed himself, the image of his club and the image of the sport. Nothing is without consequence and everything has a moral value. And I don't see anything wrong in him being judged when there are diverse people in the fanbase and at the sponsors' table who may not share his prediliction or his wish for it to be shared with the rest of the world.

Hold up, you're saying he wanted this sharing with the world? Over here there seems to be more hate towards the guy who leaked the pic than towards Carney himself.

As for judgement, I don't judge anyone because everyone is different and if someone wants to do something let them. One mans dustbin is another mans empire. If he had done something illegal that could have had him prosecuted then fair enough, the sacking would be just. As it is, he hasn't so in this situation I feel sorry for him. Like I said originally though, I can see why the club have sacked him but I doubt many other clubs would have in this situation.

Also, if you're worried that your kids are going to copy this because of a picture on twitter you have failed as a parent. Most kids would laugh at it and think it's stupid. The ones who would try it are the ones who are at the bottom of the food chain anyway when it comes to brains, just like Todd Carney.

#59 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

if you are taking that stance, id be stunned if Kirkmond's act was in any school biology books!!!

Jeez, were ANY sex acts in school biology books?!   :O  I missed that lesson!!! 

#60 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 982 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Ah, pretend. Righty ho. Wonder if the dog knew.

I think the fact that you can't remember it probably says a lot. Once seen not forgotten.

Mognahan and Carney both acts of the same order.

Monaghan's was far worse IMO.

You're right though. How can you forget that image?! :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users