Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Gloucester All Golds

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:17 AM

Well sadly no first team game until Gloucester All Golds come to Whitebank on July 13th. Do folk think this is going to be a tough encounter? Since we beat them on May 25th they have remained unbeaten, taking the scalps of York and Hunslet on their way. We also follow Gloucester with two tough games, York away and Hunslet at home. How are people feeling about our playoff chances?

#2 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:04 AM

Nice and tight at the top.  Need to get wins at home to stay on track.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#3 Bucksyed

Bucksyed
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

The next  3 games are going to be hard, especially Gloucester , they have certainly got better since the start of the season.  If the team plays as they did at Oxford, the next 3 games are going to be really hard.  We will make the playoffs but what chances of promotion, who knows??

I have Kleptomania and when it gets bad I take something for it :tongue: .

#4 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:07 PM

Well the game is now close. What team would you go with? Nieldie, Mo, Cookie, Fordie, Bloomers. Ropes, Palf. Boultsie, Kenny, Wardy, Langers, Josh, Thompy. Bench. Tyson, Joy, Gee, Mason. Whatever the team, lets get behind them 100%

#5 RoughyedRabbitoh

RoughyedRabbitoh
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

Its seems like months since we played at Whitebank,I will be there cheering them on!! 29.20 me thinks!! 

#6 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

Gloucester are a transformed side since that last game. Hope we have enough to win through but tough game on paper!

#7 Bucksyed

Bucksyed
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

Just got home and saw the result, brilliant job!!   Did Adam Clay play ?    Certainly looks like it as we didn't concede too many points

or was it the defence playing well?.

#8 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

No Adam has an ankle problem i believe. Lads played well and apart from dealing badly with a high kick, Gloucester didn't really look as though they would break us down. Some lovely Rugby played by our lads. Have to say i was slightly disappointed  with Gloucester, or were we so good?

#9 Bucksyed

Bucksyed
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

Cheers

#10 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

What a great weekend it has been down at Whitebank with very convincing wins from both the U/20's and the senior side, and good weather to boot . What comes over very well is the fantastic level of fitness of the players, so well done to them and all the coaching/conditioning staff.  

We now have a challenging sequence of matches but appear to be well prepared, so 'COME ON YOU ROUGHYEDS!!'.

#11 Styx

Styx
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

Yes you were very good, one of the best team performances I have seen this season. We were also though very poor!  In my opinion if we had played to our full potential it would have been a much closer game, but on your form yesterday you would still have won.  Sometimes given some of our results this season, it is hard to remember that the club has only been semi-pro for 16 months, but at other times, things like a slight lack of depth show up.  Losing one player after less than a minute, and another also in first half did not help, but probably had no bearing on the result.

Good luck for the rest of the season, bar the last game, and thanks for your hospitality and friendly words.

University of Gloucestershire All Golds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users