What's happened to Alex Davidson

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tony Mac

Tony Mac
  • Coach
  • 541 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

Is there a problem with Alex or is he just out of favour? Think he's been immense when he's played.

Tony Mac

Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source.

#2 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:16 PM

Along with Hobbo, Robinson and Mooney, he just can't get in the squad. As the team are playing well, competition for places is tight. Nobby has said that they will be rotating the squad through July, so he should get his chance. I would expect him to feature in this Saturdays U20's game, as the 1st team have the weekend off.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Tony Mac

Tony Mac
  • Coach
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:15 AM

Thanks Allroughyed, just seemed that he had been very consistent and then nowhere to be seen, just concerned that he had moved on.

Tony Mac

Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source.

#4 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

Alex s going well in training and i'm sure he'll be in the mix during the next month. He's also still training with Salford.

#5 pandasdad

pandasdad
  • Coach
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:29 PM

Alex's last match was on 18 May, after which Nobby made the well publicised announcement about rotating his squad. Fair enough. We can all understand that principle. However ...

The squad won, so he decided to stick with a winning side. They won again, so Nobby stuck with a winning side. Then they lost , but, according to Nobby, needed the opportunity to restore their confidence. The team won against a hapless South Wales, so Nobby decided to stick with a winning side. Then they won again!

Nobby's interpretation of squad rotation certainly isn't the same as most of us would understand. A young, fit, raring to go prop hasn't played for more than six weeks and will have lost his match fitness. Somewhere down the line he must have upset somebody! I don't know who or how, but, in my opinion, he will only get used if there are injuries in the front row. So he may as well go and play elsewhere.

#6 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 356 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

Sadly Alex has now left to Join Crusaders on a months loan from Salford.

#7 pandasdad

pandasdad
  • Coach
  • 176 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:48 PM

I also think it's sad, but reading the club's website, they appear to think it's an opportunity to bring in another player. Presumably a back as there are a plethora of forwards and only a few backs.

Edited by pandasdad, 05 July 2014 - 08:10 AM.

#8 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

We seriously lack back up for wings and fullback.

#9 ChampagneCharlie

ChampagneCharlie
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

Alex will be returning when the month is up back to oldham. Going to watch him tmoro. :tongue:  Up the Yeds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users