Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Signed on for 2015

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

Do we think that JK won't have noticed the way Harrison is using Johnson, and not leave 'tiring' forwards on? Now if Fax are so well off for players, have such a great squad, then you'd have to believe that they're happy with Fieldhouse at no.1 and Potts to back him up. So if they want Greenwood then we'll have one of those 2 here OK? I also appreciate that Batley are probably the only club which acts like a gentlemen when it comes to contracts and signing players, they never splash it all over the place until the deal is done, unlike every other club who are already starting to throw new contracts around, but after last years' 'open secrets' I hope we're not going to be left panicking about next years' position.

#42 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

He is one fan. Who nominated him "average Fax fan"?

hes saying......you are all basically the same.......and from what we read......hes right.....

" and if you can get away with lying on and slowing us down it should keep it close ".....lol

#43 The Blues Ox

The Blues Ox
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

Do we think that JK won't have noticed the way Harrison is using Johnson, and not leave 'tiring' forwards on? Now if Fax are so well off for players, have such a great squad, then you'd have to believe that they're happy with Fieldhouse at no.1 and Potts to back him up. So if they want Greenwood then we'll have one of those 2 here OK? I also appreciate that Batley are probably the only club which acts like a gentlemen when it comes to contracts and signing players, they never splash it all over the place until the deal is done, unlike every other club who are already starting to throw new contracts around, but after last years' 'open secrets' I hope we're not going to be left panicking about next years' position.

Of course your coach will have noticed what tactics Fax are using but this is a fans forum and a couple of people mentioned stop Murrell and you stop Fax. I just offered a differing opinion.

Apart from stating the obvious, Batley have been poor this season, usually thats a case of not having as good a player as teams above them hence the league tables. In cases like that usually the higher the team in the league the more the teams lower than them have to slow the better players down with spoiling tactics hence my comment about Batley having to slow us down. Dont worry though its not just a rose tinted spectacle thing though because I said the same thing when Fax played Leigh in that Fax will have to slow Leigh down, we managed to do that and nearly came away with the spoils. A bit similar to what Batley did at the Shay, and if they can get away with that we should have a pretty close game.

#44 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 742 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

Of course your coach will have noticed what tactics Fax are using but this is a fans forum and a couple of people mentioned stop Murrell and you stop Fax. I just offered a differing opinion.

Apart from stating the obvious, Batley have been poor this season, usually thats a case of not having as good a player as teams above them hence the league tables. In cases like that usually the higher the team in the league the more the teams lower than them have to slow the better players down with spoiling tactics hence my comment about Batley having to slow us down. Dont worry though its not just a rose tinted spectacle thing though because I said the same thing when Fax played Leigh in that Fax will have to slow Leigh down, we managed to do that and nearly came away with the spoils. A bit similar to what Batley did at the Shay, and if they can get away with that we should have a pretty close game.

if batley would of had black fit all year then batley would be up there and thats the truth..

#45 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

if batley would of had black fit all year then batley would be up there and thats the truth..

No, it is speculation.

There's a difference.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#46 The Blues Ox

The Blues Ox
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

I think you would certainly have been challenging for 6th spot.

#47 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

No, it is speculation. There's a difference.

No, it is speculation. There's a difference.

FACT

#48 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

FACT

You clearly misunderstand the meaning of the word but I won't hold it against you.

:onthequiet:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#49 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

You clearly misunderstand the meaning of the word but I won't hold it against you.

:onthequiet:

Just a parody of my favourite postings on here. I love the way so many people know the facts, and always type it in capitals. 

On another post, the blue sox bloke states if Black had been fit all season, we would have been in contention for 6th spot! I thought we were!

#50 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

and i reckon if we had all the hard yards jc is capable of this past few months we would a won a couple a the games we lost too possibly. :download:

#51 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:49 PM

and i reckon if we had all the hard yards jc is capable of this past few months we would a won a couple a the games we lost too possibly. :download:

Maybe but only one bloke to blame for his absence and his initials are JC!

#52 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

Blaming Jesus is a bit harsh DD

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#53 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:05 PM

nope sorry,dont try tell me a full season out is just punishment for a flutter on your own lads in a once in a lifetime final,then  we look at some a the tackles this season like the one on sam barlow that could end a players career/income  and they get 4 or 6 games out. we know its fault and too late now but i cant wait for him to wear a shirt for us again and i reckon he might just pay a few folks back on the pitch for letting us down.

#54 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:48 AM

nope sorry,dont try tell me a full season out is just punishment for a flutter on your own lads in a once in a lifetime final,then  we look at some a the tackles this season like the one on sam barlow that could end a players career/income  and they get 4 or 6 games out. we know its fault and too late now but i cant wait for him to wear a shirt for us again and i reckon he might just pay a few folks back on the pitch for letting us down.

Discussed to death. Let's agree to disagree.

#55 FaxMachine

FaxMachine
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

hes saying......you are all basically the same.......and from what we read......hes right.....

" and if you can get away with lying on and slowing us down it should keep it close ".....lol

What a presumptuous load of rubbish!

So, if one Batley fan makes a post in support of his team and forecasting a win we should then state that you are all the same, arrogant. It's just one man's view.

I have never heard anything other than praise for Batley Bulldogs from Fax fans. It is one of our favourite away games but a few of you still seem to think that we consider Halifax RLFC as a SL club taking time out. Well we don't. I assure you. Anyway, maybe next season you will divert your bile towards Bradford and London.

#56 The Blues Ox

The Blues Ox
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:56 AM

On another post, the blue sox bloke states if Black had been fit all season, we would have been in contention for 6th spot! I thought we were!

Exactly. I dont think you would have been doing much better to be honest.

#57 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

Discussed to death. Let's agree to disagree.

no problems at all,everyone as an opinion and if you think he got what he deserved then fair enough.i think a ten match would a sent a signal out for both players but thats just me, nuff said. UP THE DOGS.

ps, fax fan who reckons we might need to lay on best wake up and keep an eye on whos laying on come them last 20 minutes, we do kinda play better when we get a quick play and a roll on so BEWARE,,the DOGS.. :bb:

#58 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

a few of you still seem to think that we consider Halifax RLFC as a SL club taking time out. Well we don't. I assure you..

I never said anything of the kind.......i assure you.....but.....you just did.......

Edited by RPH, 12 July 2014 - 04:26 PM.

#59 FaxMachine

FaxMachine
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

I never said anything of the kind.......i assure you.....but.....you just did.......

No I didn't. You're quite a silly sort of person really. Aren't you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users