35 replies to this topic

#1 Campeze

Campeze
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

Please share!
Barrow v Whitehaven sun 6/7/14 3pm KO.
Raising money for Alice Escapes & Cancer Research.
Stick around after the game, unique playing shirts auctioned off on the pitch and the superb AVERAGE JOE playing live after the game!!!
Special offer: bottle of lager and burger £3 - before 3pm!!!!

Attached Files

Pete Murphy

Commercial Manager

Barrow Raiders RLFC

themurphstar@gmail.com

#2 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

Game Day!

#3 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

12 - 10 to Barrow at HT

#4 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

Main threat is Jesse Joe Parker on the left for them. They've got some quality but we are sticking in.

#5 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

18 - 30 FT to Whitehaven.

Same old story I'm afraid.

#6 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

18 - 30 FT to Whitehaven.

Same old story I'm afraid.

No pace. No halfback play. Score flattered us. Least BG has signed a deal apparantly !

Posted Image

#7 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

So many flaws in the team it was unreal. Briscoe isn't a centre and misread so many plays. Speakman and Marwood are too small and didn't have any pace or organisation, although I was impressed with some of Marwoods kicking. Forwards didn't make enough metres and they doubled up on Harrison every time he got the ball as they knew he was the only threat we had.

The majority of the side are CC1 players and they get exposed when playing against players like Jesse Joe Parker, Lee Doran ect.

At the start of the season championship sides were signing players who are in the top bracket of Championship/borderline good enough for SL. Leigh signed literally 20 of these players hence why they are top. Featherstone/Halifax/Dewsbury/Sheffield have around 10- 12 of these players. Doncaster are you extremely well coached and disciplined hence why they are near the top but dont have many big names. As you get closer to the bottom of the amount of these calibre players decreases. At the start of the season we had 2 of these players but gave 1 to Leigh (like they needed him) and are now left with 1 in Harrison. I think Dalton Grant could play SL he has been exceptional but it is very hard for a winger to have a major impact on a side like a halfback or full back could.

It hurts a lot getting out classed by your cumbrian rivals at home, but the recruitment was not good enough at the start of the year and we have paid the price for it.

Excellent news BG has signed though. Hopefully he can build the club get some young ameteurs up and involved and come back up even stronger.

#8 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

Thought mossop played well but speakman might aswell have been sat in stands , we have too many players not up to the job i'm sad to say  :fie:  :fie:  :fie: 

#9 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

It's frustrating how clubs like Haven, Town and Donny are so far ahead if us on crowds half of ours !!! We deserve better. And to rub salt into the wound a seagull crapped on me again !

Posted Image

#10 steve75

steve75
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

I agree we are up to this standard in any shape or form!  I am however at a loss to see how Mike Backhouse gets picked each week.  Wingers with pace run past him as if he wasn't there!  All the second half he was shaking his head and flapping his arms and gesticulating at his team mates! I wasn't the only one to pass comment on this. Another person mentioned that it doesn't look like his teamates want to pass to him! I have nothing against him personally it is just my own observations!

Posted Image

#11 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

I normally don't like to pick out players for criticism but I have to as Dom Speakman was woeful today.

Edited by morty, 06 July 2014 - 07:00 PM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#12 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

Every side comes to Craven Park and beats us with good half backs !!!!! Simple !

Posted Image

#13 STW

STW
  • Coach
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

It's frustrating how clubs like Haven, Town and Donny are so far ahead if us on crowds half of ours !!! We deserve better. And to rub salt into the wound a seagull crapped on me again !

Damn right we deserve better. But we went down the route of paying off our debts. I think we'll find out soon enough which clubs have sold the family silver to try and stay in The Championship, because there'll be plenty of them.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it!

Steve W

#14 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

I hear come xmas well be almost if not debt free.

Today we played for 25 mins why Jack Morrison isn't a head of Burke is strange one imo, I know Jack maybe isnt as fit but when he is on the park he makes yards.

We have never replaced Holty half backs don't have a kicking game, how many times did Dom screw up he kicks today he even didn't make touch which is a school boy.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#15 JC3

JC3
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

I normally don't like to pick out players for criticism but I have to as Dom Speakman was woeful today.

Don't remember him having a good game all season. Anonymous most games.

#16 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:25 PM

He's never played a first team game in his life what do you expect. He's had 4 - 5 good games this year but look at the quality of halfbacks he is up against this season:

Ben Black, Ryan Brierley, Anthony Thackeray, Paul Handforth ect surely whoever was recruiting the players must of known that a player with no first team experience would not be able to compete week in week out with players of that calibre - if not it shows a lack of knowledge and understanding of the league.

Bangbang regarding the debt has this been published in the mail or anything? Although I haven't been looking for it I haven't heard anything official about the debt. I also don't get why Morrison isn't ahead of Burke, giving Morrison 3 15 minute spells can be very affective as he actually dominates in collision and knocks people over. Jamie Rooney in 2009 had a very good kicking game but for years now since his decline we have never had w quality kicker.

#17 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

Today we played for 25 mins why Jack Morrison isn't a head of Burke is strange one imo, I know Jack maybe isnt as fit but when he is on the park he makes yards.

Totally agree. Burke is a slower version of Butler!

Posted Image

#18 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

And you got patronised by John Cox , saying if you had two of havens pack you'd be much better , and you'll be able to consolidate in champ one ...

#19 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:46 PM

Another long day and a bonus point doesn't mean very much in the scheme of things.
At 12-0 up we were the better side, then a golden chance in the Raiders Bar corner went begging, this followed by a missed kick to touch seemed to galvanise 'Haven and 24 unanswered points pretty much sealed our fate.
not only for today but also for the season .
Over the last 60 odd years Ive seen plenty of disappointing seasons and on the face of it this is another one, BUT,I do believe that we are going about our business off the field in the right way. If rumours are to believed and Mr Goulding has committed to sticking with us and the BOD are on track to clear/reduce the financial deficit then the "future will be blue and white"!
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#20 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:52 AM

I hear come xmas well be almost if not debt free.

We have never replaced Holty half backs don't have a kicking game, how many times did Dom screw up he kicks today he even didn't make touch which is a school boy.

Unless someone has come in over the past 12 months with a £950 k free hand out then i am afraid your xmas wish is extremely untrue.  Good news is that the date for the AGM has been set and all that can read and fully understand financial accounts will see were the club lies 

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users