• 124 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

We'll push Donny close and get a bonus point. 24 - 14

#2 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 652 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

I'm hoping we get 80 minutes of the form we are capable of. Win or lose I'm hoping for improving performance in what should be a settled team.

#3 onandon

onandon
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

is this game on your local radio

#4 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 652 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

Great game which we were unlucky to lose, but we have to close out games like this when we are in the lead. No doubt the officials will come in for deserved criticism - the ref overruling his linesmans call for a forward pass and the other linesman missing the most blatant knock on in the set leading to the Dons final try. That aside we have to give credit for a great team performance led by Seb Martins line breaking and Lee Hudsons tremendous attaching display.

In other games; I note that Workington had a win with a side including Declan Hulme and a sprinkling of Wigan players and Fev were without Jarrod Sammut. Well done to Rochdale on a win inside the relegation zone.

#5 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

Declan Hulme is playing really well for Workington. Surprised Crusaders are not trying Grant Gore and Tom Gilmore too.

#6 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 652 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

Declan Hulme is playing really well for Workington. Surprised Crusaders are not trying Grant Gore and Tom Gilmore too.

The current coach is not a fan of Dual Reg - if you listen to the Rugby League Show on Calon FM this Friday (1st April) he give an explanation why he is not a fan.. and to be honest its hart to disagree with his views.

Workington have Hulme on loan but they also have a pick of some strong Wigan players, which has got them out of the relegation zone. Is that fair? Is it actually Workington that teams are playing? Or is it just a method of staying in Championship?

I'm sure everyone has their opinions!

The Rugby League show on Calon FM is 'live' at 15:00 on Friday or you can Listen again, Heres the links:

Live stream: http://www.calonfm.c.../?page_id=22895

Listen Again: http://www.calonfm.c.../?page_id=22079

#7 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:43 PM

Good points gogled, but if you had top dual players you probably would be a few points better off in the league. As a Widnes supporter I prefer a Widnes reserve team, because good players like Danny Craven, Declan Hulme, Grant Gore, Lloyd White, Carberry and Gilmore are not getting much game time.

Edited by Ratboy, 01 August 2014 - 12:46 PM.

#8 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 652 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:55 PM

Good points gogled, but if you had top dual players you probably would be a few points better off in the league. As a Widnes supporter I prefer a Widnes reserve team, because good players like Danny Craven, Declan Hulme, Grant Gore, Lloyd White, Carberry and Gilmore are not getting much game time.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the restructure. I can't see how Dual Reg can continue. Potentially a SL club who end up between 9th and 12th in August next year could have set up a DR arrangement with a Championship club who end up in 1st to 4th - and so end up playing them in the Super 8's. You'd bet that the SL club would withdraw its players them!

'A' teams are the way to go in my opinion yet SL club say they cant afford to run them

#9 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

When i said reserve team it is basically a Widnes A team. Anyway it will be interesting with the new structure. I can see the top 4 Championship teams only getting dual registered from the top 6 teams in Superleague. It is pretty predictable the top 6.

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

Maybe teams who finish 6-9 th this year , to make SL 2 next year , should be allowed DR . They're 99% certain not to make the melting pot middle 8 , and it'll make it a bit more of a level playing field , given the huge discrepancy on funding which is making the comp look to unbalanced and predictable ... Please RFL . Ahem , just a thought !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users