43 replies to this topic

#1 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

Breif summary of tonights fans forum and what was said

Some of the reason/reasons for the big fall out is -

Clubs finances werent adding up from Probiz finanacial advisor - MC enquired about this but no info received

Feisal asked Tony lumb (big fellas) and dave downs to step down for mystery investors, MC asked to meet mystery investors, excuses made not to meet them

Faisal refused various meetings with board and wont answer calls, threatening club with winding up orders, etc

Fev considering legal action or taking legal advice

As well as no investors no 60k for stands either but will be finished without the promised money - club in talks with Wakefield Football Club for their home games to be played at Fev as they have no ground but a government grant for a 3G pitch - Wakefield football club approached Fev - talks ongoing for next season (2015/16 season)

There was never any plans for an all out assault on SL and breaking into that top 4 next season - next season is/was always planned as a consolidation season to see how the new league structure works - more faisal BS based on recent twitter ramblings

Club not in major debt and won't be off loading players. No ''marquee'' signings made for next season.

Club under no obligation to buy faisal shares in club - he is stuck with them and who would you buy shares from - probiz (the shares are owned by probiz not faisal as a person) or fev rovers?

The land is fevs and the business buildings behind new stand will go ahead to generate all year round income - MC dream scenario is a few independent small firms working out of the new buildings, which will generate potential new fans and potential sponsors

Current players offered FT and PT contract will be honoured. Players all happy that everything sorted out and the pressure lifted, hopeful fans saw some evidence of that last Sunday - promises fans that they will deliver on the pitch and cement a probable 2nd place finish - Only one player not happy - Kyle Briggs who became disillouisned with the goings on at club and has fallen out of love with club and wants to leave and wishes to stay at Dews, enjoying game once again whilst at Dews and hopeful he can stay

Ken jones is the new new CEO and introduced himself, spoke well and looking to get back to old ways of when we were top dogs - encourages us to use this hashtag below all the time from the staff and players to the fans #teamrovers as thats what we all are

Slightly off topic announcement - The smoking ban at the ground to be reviewed

Edited by elppaxr2i, 02 July 2014 - 09:12 PM.

#2 sentoffagain

sentoffagain
  • Twitter
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

glad   to   hear   of   no   major   debt   problems   as   i   feared   the   worst.now   F.N    has  departed  i   think   all   supporters   should   pull   together   and   give   the   directors   and   mark  full   support.the   future  will   be   achieved   with   our   own   endevours   and   not   promises.i  will   be   buying  shares   at  the   next   home   game  and   results   on  the   field   will   take   us   to   were   we   deserve   to   be.

#3 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 503 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

Breif summary of tonights fans forum and what was said

Some of the reason/reasons for the big fall out is -

Clubs finances werent adding up from Probiz finanacial advisor - MC enquired about this but no info received

Feisal asked Tony lumb (big fellas) and dave downs to step down for mystery investors, MC asked to meet mystery investors, excuses made not to meet them

Faisal refused various meetings with board and wont answer calls, threatening club with winding up orders, etc

Fev considering legal action or taking legal advice

As well as no investors no 60k for stands either but will be finished without the promised money - club in talks with Wakefield Football Club for their home games to be played at Fev as they have no ground but a government grant for a 3G pitch - Wakefield football club approached Fev - talks ongoing for next season (2015/16 season)

There was never any plans for an all out assault on SL and breaking into that top 4 next season - next season is/was always planned as a consolidation season to see how the new league structure works - more faisal BS based on recent twitter ramblings

Club not in major debt and won't be off loading players. No ''marquee'' signings made for next season.

Club under no obligation to buy faisal shares in club - he is stuck with them and who would you buy shares from - probiz (the shares are owned by probiz not faisal as a person) or fev rovers?

The land is fevs and the business buildings behind new stand will go ahead to generate all year round income - MC dream scenario is a few independent small firms working out of the new buildings, which will generate potential new fans and potential sponsors

Current players offered FT and PT contract will be honoured. Players all happy that everything sorted out and the pressure lifted, hopeful fans saw some evidence of that last Sunday - promises fans that they will deliver on the pitch and cement a probable 2nd place finish - Only one player not happy - Kyle Briggs who became disillouisned with the goings on at club and has fallen out of love with club and wants to leave and wishes to stay at Dews, enjoying game once again whilst at Dews and hopeful he can stay

Ken jones is the new new CEO and introduced himself, spoke well and looking to get back to old ways of when we were top dogs - encourages us to use this hashtag below all the time from the staff and players to the fans #teamrovers as thats what we all are

Slightly off topic announcement - The smoking ban at the ground to be reviewed

That sounds like good riddance to bad rubbish

#4 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

I wasn't expecting that, good luck Fev fans in sorting the mess out you can and will do it

#5 Snowys Backside

Snowys Backside
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

Yep, as another Leigh fan, I too wish you all the best for the future. This guy has some serious issues and tried to damage one of the true RL teams based in the heartlands.

Fev are still a top side and hopefully along with Leigh and Fax will upset a few in next seasons 'middle 8' !!

#6 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:08 AM

Hard to understand what his motivation was. Let's hope all the threats are just more hot air.

#7 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

Good to see Mark had scraped his shoes and the ###### has fallen off

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,522 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

Clearly you're well rid. Lets hope that there's no backlash and your club can return to its traditional progressive ways.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

I had heard some things about Nahaboo when he was at Fax and was shocked what he was asking/wanting and how he thought he could get Darren Lockyer to come to Fax :drag: . The guy seems to live in a Fantasy world. Seems like he feels he can do what he wants. Thankfully the People both at Fax and Fev as well as Cas could see through his BS before it hurt them too much. Just because some alleged Money man Comes in doesnt mean it will be a good Thing for a Club. All the best Fev and hopefully you can get back to what you was doing to make you such a well run Club and one I was envious of to a degree.

#10 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

Si.... as I understand poskitt n feisal will be rolling up to fax today.... lol
and trust me, im most definitely not bul lshitting mate.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#11 delboy66

delboy66
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

What is it with this guy is he trying to ruin as many West Yorkshire clubs as he can?

He fell out at Fax , Left my club Cas because we wouldn't let him buy the ground as i understand it and now he's done the same at Fev. I'm not great lover of Fev but i have freinds who are Fev fans and its those guys you have to feel sorry for.

However all is not lost as the guy who has taken over as CEO at Featherstone is Ken Jones, who is a very good bloke and a personal friend of mine, He's a RL man through and through but is also a very clever guy and will do a cracking job at Post Office Road.

#12 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

That's just how he came across last night del. Articulate bloke, comes across as honest and straight and not predisposed to spouting bol lox
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#13 bradford rover

bradford rover
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

we are well rid of him and his side kicks

Edited by Jimmy B, 03 July 2014 - 07:45 PM.
complaint of "racist" content

#14 FaxMachine

FaxMachine
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

Si.... as I understand poskitt n feisal will be rolling up to fax today.... lol
and trust me, im most definitely not bul lshitting mate.

I very much doubt that even they would have that much front! They wouldn't even get through the door. Definitely personae non gratae.

#15 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

Probably worth mentioning that Wakefield FC's chairman has left and look to be going bust. They have resigned from both the league they played in last season (Northern Prem) and the league they were being dropped in to (NCEL) so I don't see any mileage in that option - details here. Doesn't look as though there's any willing to restart for 2015/2016 but maybe a move to Fev may help that.

As for the rest, another Leigh fan wishing you all the best - a strong Fev has certainly brought the best out of my club and this league needs as many clubs as possible to challenge the SL status quo in future.

Edited by Leyther_Matt, 03 July 2014 - 11:56 AM.

#16 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 227 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

Ignoring all the statements and political issues, the point that causes me most concern is the fact that we were duped and conned by this person who, having plenty of "previous", was allowed to worm his way into the club.  How could that happen with a competent BOD, or is there something else we have not been informed about?.

#17 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

Off to fax is what I have heard too

#18 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 227 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

Thought pyramid selling was illegal?.

#19 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

Only if the antiquities department catch you

#20 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

Ignoring all the statements and political issues, the point that causes me most concern is the fact that we were duped and conned by this person who, having plenty of "previous", was allowed to worm his way into the club. How could that happen with a competent BOD, or is there something else we have not been informed about?.

Someone asked that question last night or very similar - MC basically said he wouldve been foolish to turn down or at least consider any outside "investment" from anyone in the club - there is no money in the sport, hardly anyone making money so when someone comes along wanting to plough money in they at least deserve a chance to prove they are serious - although the experience didnt work out MC considers this a lesson learned and would do things differently should anyone express an interest in serious investment next time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users