Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fans forum tonight

Brief details

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

I was against FN from the start and expressed my doubts. Saw Poskitt at the Rovers to days talking to the new CEO. But also heard the rumour about Halifax. Offered my assistance in any sphere that needs it. We will survive. Support MC and we will get through our difficulties.

#22 Mish

Mish
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

As another Leigh fan, I wish you nothing but the best and hope that you soon get back to the Fev we all know and hate (sorry couldn't resist). ;)

Seriously, good riddance to bad rubbish; I don't know Feisal personally but I hate everything about him. What a despicable creature he is, you're better off without him.

Good luck for the future (but not so much when you play us) .

Edited by Mish, 03 July 2014 - 04:02 PM.

#23 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

Someone asked that question last night or very similar - MC basically said he wouldve been foolish to turn down or at least consider any outside "investment" from anyone in the club - there is no money in the sport, hardly anyone making money so when someone comes along wanting to plough money in they at least deserve a chance to prove they are serious - although the experience didnt work out MC considers this a lesson learned and would do things differently should anyone express an interest in serious investment next time

Fair comment

#24 Cliff in Myanmar

Cliff in Myanmar
  • Coach
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

"Feisal asked...dave downs to step down for mystery investors"

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that conversation... ;) 

10527261_10152163584386971_3057229316284

#25 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,199 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

"Feisal asked...dave downs to step down for mystery investors"
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that conversation... ;) 

Oh it was littered with expletives when I spoke to Dave on Sunday at the game
Im Fev and im proud

#26 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 725 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

HaHa i can just picture his face now maureen 😳

#27 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

I'm disappointed none of the pro Feisal supporters have contributed to this thread, they were very vocal pre Wednesday on another thread. It looks like the ones who were a little sceptical of FN may not have been sat at their cimputers writing rubbish after all.

Shame about Kyle Bruggs though, best of luck to him and to all the genuine people at our club.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 03 July 2014 - 08:59 PM.

#28 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

Wouldn't say I was pro FN supporter but I did say fans were out of order slagging him off and I stick by that even after what was said by MC last night It's clear he has given this club money but listening to MC it's also clear he wanted full control of the club with his own men in and was feeding MC false information to get it For what it's worth i also believe MC has done the right thing and we need to move on I will continue to support this team as Fev is my club but telling people we will get to S/L with the new structure I will no longer be doing and that's what I got from last nights meeting We will still be competitive in the championship and I think the chairman will make sure of that but I don't think we are now in a position to move up All I hope is that the club find some money from somewhere to get that stand finished because it needs opening next year with this new structure for more income and that the fans now turn up in numbers to cheer this team on hopefully to the grand final

My only worry is if FN takes this any further but that is out of our control It's my job to continue turning on a Sunday and support the players that AH picks and that is what I will do starting Sunday Lets continue to improve now hopefully finish second and get to the grand final

#29 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 725 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

I'm disappointed none of the pro Feisal supporters have contributed to this thread, they were very vocal pre Wednesday on another thread. It looks like the ones who were a little sceptical of FN may not have been sat at their cimputers writing rubbish after all.

Shame about Kyle Bruggs though, best of luck to him and to all the genuine people at our club.

To be fair Andrew the fans that were optimistic about his intentions werent the only ones to be suckered in , lets just be thankfull mc and the people that really care about our great club
have nipped it in the bud before it was even worse , im sure the fans that were over optimistictly living his bull sheet dream for us are as shocked and outraged as us all by his actions

#30 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

Fair point Glyn.

#31 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:19 AM

i hope this is not aimed at me! I have been open minded from the start of all this and I knew all about FN trying to shoe horn people onto the board before the forum. I have never slated MC or FN only wanting the best for our club.

We still do not know what was his true intent and anything else is speculation at the moment.

Edited by lingard, 04 July 2014 - 05:21 AM.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#32 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,040 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:56 AM

The misrepresentation of fiscal info isnt speculation chris. Neither are a series of bounced cheques and failed promises. The illegal removal and addition of people from the bod with the register at companies house is significant enough on its own for me to be glad to see his back chris. Though I do accept each of us have our own take on these issues.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#33 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:35 AM

i hope this is not aimed at me! I have been open minded from the start of all this and I knew all about FN trying to shoe horn people onto the board before the forum. I have never slated MC or FN only wanting the best for our club.
We still do not know what was his true intent and anything else is speculation at the moment.

A few weeks ago I was out of order and I apologised for those remarks on the Fax v Leigh thread. The reason ( wrongly) I vented that day is because I knew a little bit about what was happening but obviously couldn't say. I was concerned about what was around the corner and was probably a bit jealous of Fax and Leigh. As I say it was out of order.

What I think you did imply on this thread though was that people wrote rubbish on their computers. I was and to be fair many others who had their suspicions were putting their point across and most of those people had substance to their concerns. I cannot talk about what went on Diviorce book because I won't use that form of social media, as I believe neiither do you, or that used to be the case apologies if I'm wrong.

Just to conclude overall i got the feeling that some people were upset because this bloke had gone ( as they thought that he was the messiah and perhaps could have been) so anyone who was venting off about him got in the neck, were accused of writing rubbish or words to that effect.

What I do disagree with though is people who have sent disgusting messages to Craig Poskitt via other social media. I was never a fan, but this guy has got feelings as well as a young family.

#34 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,199 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:04 AM

A few weeks ago I was out of order and I apologised for those remarks on the Fax v Leigh thread. The reason ( wrongly) I vented that day is because I knew a little bit about what was happening but obviously couldn't say. I was concerned about what was around the corner and was probably a bit jealous of Fax and Leigh. As I say it was out of order.
What I think you did imply on this thread though was that people wrote rubbish on their computers. I was and to be fair many others who had their suspicions were putting their point across and most of those people had substance to their concerns. I cannot talk about what went on Diviorce book because I won't use that form of social media, as I believe neiither do you, or that used to be the case apologies if I'm wrong.
Just to conclude overall i got the feeling that some people were upset because this bloke had gone ( as they thought that he was the messiah and perhaps could have been) so anyone who was venting off about him got in the neck, were accused of writing rubbish or words to that effect.
What I do disagree with though is people who have sent disgusting messages to Craig Poskitt via other social media. I was never a fan, but this guy has got feelings as well as a young family.

I didn't know they'd sent him messages Andrew, although I know he's closed his Twitter account, not condoning it, but he's sent supporters messages too which could be deemed as bullying and harassment, I know this is fact as I've been on the receiving end along with some good friends of mine

Edited by Maureen T-k, 04 July 2014 - 07:06 AM.

Im Fev and im proud

#35 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

i hold my hands up. i tend to take people at face value, and i believed what the man was saying. mainly because i so wanted it to be true. i was, and am, convinced that superleague is beyond us without a financial benefactor. which is why i believe that now, we have to set our sights on being a good middle eight team, and our scouting and recruiting should be aimed at that level. Batley and Dewsbury are now the models for us to follow.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#36 Arnie morgans knee

Arnie morgans knee
  • Coach
  • 609 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

All this season I have remained quiet on all the political comings and goings on at the club what I can say is it as kept me away from Post Office Road for various reasons, I did attend one game and all I heard was rumours and guesses about what was happening to the club it was heart breaking considering the giant steps we had made up to that time, but enough of that its ended hopefully so now I can get back to what I have always done supporting Featherstone Rovers see you all at the Batley game UTR.

Behind the mask of a clown lie the fears of a man.

#37 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

I didn't know they'd sent him messages Andrew, although I know he's closed his Twitter account, not 8condoning it, but he's sent supporters messages too which could be deemed as bullying and harassment, I know this is fact as I've been on the receiving end along with some good friends of mine

Fair point Mo.

#38 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

What the ******* **** is a ******* expletive, Maureen?.

#39 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

This is all great but patently ignores the key reason for this seasons decline which was the appointment of John Bastian, which was down to Mark Campbell. Bastian destroyed the spirit of the team and wasted thousands on some very poor signings. Then there is the money wasted paying the coach off as well. Its my opinion that if a better coach had been appointed none of this would have ever happened.

People tend to forget that Faisel had been at the club for a few years without any problems, investing well over £300k  on shares and other payments towards wages and tax. Ok, like a lot of business men he might sail close to the wind, but there is no concrete evidence of any major fraud or crime. His press releases, which were admittedly poor, made him an easy fall guy to paper over the real reasons for this seasons failure. I find it strange that a £300k+ investor is treat to appallingly by supporters.

Likewise Craig Poskitt has worked at the club for a few years with no issues, as part of a great commercial team, sponsorship has increased year on year, as have attendances. Again, the supposed messages to people of facebook weren't great, but all in all he's done a great job for the club.

And I am not having a go at the Chairman either, Campbell has done a great job over the years and had created a platform from which we could have got to Super League. He's made mistakes though, and in hindsight the one that most likely leads us to todays situation.

The future doesn't look too great now, already we are downplaying a top 4 finish next season, despite having finished top for the last 4 years. History will shown that the fatal mistake of appointing one bad coach has set the club back years.

#40 knottla

knottla
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

I think given time Andy Hay will now pull this team round just like a certain other coach did,from what I have seen with the team so far, and the way he talks about the team reminds me a lot of  DP. Hopefully now the players can  get back to enjoying playing and seeing where this season takes us. UTR.