• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Gowers Magic Hands

Gowers Magic Hands
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

Tweet from Dr Koucash

Final Swinton stadium plans to be submitted a week today, will be a major boost for the Club and the town centre

#2 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

Good stuff. Time to hold our breath.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#3 Gowers Magic Hands

Gowers Magic Hands
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

Second tweet from the Doctor.- My team is working around the clock to ensure that we create a truly aspirational scheme which the Council MUST support

#4 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

More taxpayers money going in I suppose!

#5 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

I pay my tax to marwan koukash?
No wonder he is rich!!

#6 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

Just to confirm if you couldn't detect the sarcasm, Dr Koukash doesn't require a penny of investment from the taxpayer or council.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#7 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:15 PM

How long will it take to show up on the councils planning website if it's been submitted? And furthermore how long after that till we would get a decision one way or the other?

Edmund Burke

#8 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

I doubt very much whether anything will be visible on any Council website.This isn't a formal planning application merely some plans that the Koukash team have amended presumably on the advice of persons within the councils planning department.Once the council have approved the plans then we could expect a formal application to be submitted.

#9 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

Oh I thought from his tweet these were the final plans and would be submitted as an official application.

Edmund Burke

#10 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

Oh I thought from his tweet these were the final plans and would be submitted as an official application.

Yes I got the same impression.

#11 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

I could be wrong but as I see it these are just proposals that Koukash is seeking council approval for before he takes the project further? The council must have sought some amendments to the original plans before any approval could be given.Once approved then I assume they would invite a planning application.Maybe one of the BOD could clarify or give their take on the situation?

Edited by duffymoon, 09 July 2014 - 04:18 PM.

#12 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 617 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

Sorry, but at this exact moment in time we would be speculating. Our last meeting with Salford Reds was about 3 weeks ago, at which we were simply informed that Dr Koukash was on schedule to meet the terms of the 3 month exclusivity period agreed with the council. We do of course aim to continue dialogue soon and glean more detail. Maybe Dr Koukash's twitter followers might like to ask him directly!

Edited by steve wild, 09 July 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#13 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

Fair enough

#14 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

Hi, I was just wondering is anything happening with the stadium planning application yet? or any progress as it all seems to have gone quiet on that front.

#15 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

William Bill Burroughs
July 23 at 10:07am · Manchester
the mayor has replied to a tweet saying still no planning application been placed and no meetings either
LikeLike · · Share

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users