Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

Won't be with you next year

#2 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:59 AM

'Understand' that statement - any more info??

#3 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

Have you told Jack ?

#4 Barlby Knight 65

Barlby Knight 65
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:57 AM

Mr Bus up to his old tricks again ? Mischief maker

#5 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:08 AM

''Horses mouth'' stuff - don't believe all you here Mr B...

#6 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:04 PM

Sigh...

http://www.hunsletha...XdOmgNk.twitter

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#7 KNIGHTS 4EVA

KNIGHTS 4EVA
  • Coach
  • 325 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

So what happens if we play Hunslet in the Grand Final?...massive conflict of interests. Very poorly timed in my opinion.

#8 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

So what happens if we play Hunslet in the Grand Final?...massive conflict of interests. Very poorly timed in my opinion.

Why do you think Hunslet have announced it now?

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#9 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

Gutted - and agree with the above - think Jack has always given 100% to the Knights, is a class player & a class lad & I can only thank him for what he has done for us down here - shown more loyalty to our club than most players in our short history, but this situation is now really difficult all round

#10 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

If we get to the Grand Final against Hunslet, what do we do. Trust Jack to play for us or play two excellent hookers in Carter and Brining? A few more selection headaches for Thornton now.

YCK

#11 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

Can understand jacks decision in wanting to move clubs, he has just become a new father and wanting to spend more time at home.
But jack you deserve to play for a better club, eg. Fax, Batley or even back to fev, but Hunslet what a come down.
Anyway it's done now, perhaps we should concentrate more on signing on what everyone concerned with the club says are a great young set of lads than talking about the new stadium that most fans say will not happen.
It's no good having a new stadium and no team to play in it.
This just takes us back to 2005/6 season. When we got promotion and hadn't a decent enough side to stay there.
TIME TO START SIGNING PLAYERS NOW.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

Had the same thoughts about the grand final there, interesting one..

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#13 lionheart

lionheart
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

Playing for Barry Beaton will do him the world of good

#14 steve56

steve56
  • Coach
  • 376 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

Money always talks, not one player will stay because he "likes York" or the fans. It's a job and they will go where they are paid the most to do it.

Anyway Carter and Brining would be in the team  for the rest of the season if I was picking it, Lee may as well go to Hunslet now the announcement has been made.

Edited by steve56, 06 August 2014 - 05:29 PM.

#15 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,882 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:33 PM

Lee may as well go to Hunslet now the announcement has been made.

Would keep him at the club but  not play him, wouldn't be happy if he scored the winning try against us for Hunslet in the GF

#16 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

Says in the Press that York didn't offer him a new deal until after he had already accepted Hunslets offer..

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#17 Fantasia

Fantasia
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

Would keep him at the club but  not play him, wouldn't be happy if he scored the winning try against us for Hunslet in the GF

Pathetic sportsman ship???? Jack has been a great player for York, very loyal...good luck to him...  

#18 Fantasia

Fantasia
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

Money always talks, not one player will stay because he "likes York" or the fans. It's a job and they will go where they are paid the most to do it.

Anyway Carter and Brining would be in the team  for the rest of the season if I was picking it, Lee may as well go to Hunslet now the announcement has been made.

Just as well you havnt been picking it then? do you watch the same games as me? Jack is pure hooking class!!!!!! 

#19 Fantasia

Fantasia
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:09 PM

I cannot believe the attitude of some of the so called fans. Jack is a great player and a sound lad... You cannot

blame him going for more money its a short career....

Knowing Jack as I do, he will do is up most to assist York to win the GF...

#20 Andy Knight

Andy Knight
  • Coach
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:28 PM

Jack Lee has been a fantastic servant to the club. Good luck to him, at the end of the day we missed the boat, the Hawks jumped in so who's the fool ? Not Jack or the Hawks.
On the playing front, I don't know what is the best outcome here, do you go with Carter and Kris now or keep Jack in the side.
Good luck Jack, don't blame you but the timing is totally terrible from a fans and a Knights view.

Edited by Andy Knight, 06 August 2014 - 07:29 PM.

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"
Millican Dalton...1867-1947

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users