Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:29 PM

Mr Bus up to his old tricks again ? Mischief maker

its not often I'm wrong ;)

#22 KNIGHTS 4EVA

KNIGHTS 4EVA
  • Coach
  • 325 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

Initially I thought we can’t play him but after reading the article in the press it sounds like he remains focused on the job in hand. Now I'm not naïve enough to say that this is just paper talk but he didn't have to say anything or do an interview and unlike the footballers who generally won’t bother I think Jack Lee will do his best to see York to ultimate glory as he comes across a very proud and determined player

#23 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

Why wouldn't he not do his best, he's a York player and professional athlete, he will be 110% committed to York until the end of the season.

I personally think that the rules the RFL have put in place around players being able to negotiate contracts for next season from May allows for this situation to happen, you could essentially have half your squad signed up for other clubs next year half way through the current season, just seems crazy to me!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#24 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:55 PM

What can you say to this,

Firstly Well done to the Hawks club, showing real ambition for next season signing the best hooker outside SL regardless of wherever they end up, and I don't blame Jack for taking the money, or his honesty about reasoning and family committments, although travel time Cas to HS or Cas to SLS very little difference, I have an office in Cas so know the journey times. It's money that talks.

Like others I am very very very surprised where he is going though as this season more than others he has been simply outstanding and at times a real game changer and was basically expecting to lose him to be tapped up by one of the top Championship clubs.

JACK ONLY MY OPINION BUT YOU HAVE SOLD YOURSELF TOO EARLY AND WELL SHORT BUT THANKS FOR THE COMMITTMENT YOU HAVE GIVEN THE CLUB AND OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES WITH SOME REAL GAME CHANGING SHOWS AT TIMES.

Right, even more frustration for the YCK fans and the club, Yet again the Knights appear to be well behind the curve on planning and how many more players will we lose from this very good squad because we simply don't act and have to wait til the end of the season before talks start with next seasons proposed squad. I agree we have several great young prospects coming through and playing 1st team rugby at this level but move them up a tier and we will be woefully short of competing IF we manage to be promoted. Last time we won't GF it was fantastic on the day then the reality of losing some great players and the obviously weak squad we ended up with really tested fans commitment. We cannot afford to be in that situation again,,sadly we may be heading exactly there. Even the coach is in limbo, get Thornton and the 'must keep' players signed up now on min 2 year deals to get some momentum going, they deserve it.

Timing awful for our club but a real coup for the Hawks and clearly announced now to try and upset our apple cart. Would I continue to play Jack for the remaining games, yes but not in games against Hunslet, why? Because IF he was to have a stinker, drop a crucial pass etc then what would people be saying and honestly can any player really stay 100% true to the Knights cause in a GF ( if we get there) against a side he is committed to for next 2 seasons and who will be providing heavily to his income? Or does he care ? as he says the money is the same for him regardless of what level Hunlset play in? Difficult one and no doubt will cause mixed opinion.

Nothing surprises me these days in RL, the sport is just not in a good shape regardless of what the RL big wigs try and tell us and the media.
Posted Image

#25 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:06 AM

Seen the paper today, sounds like Jack is on the same deal next year whatever division they are in, not suprising if you think how much harder Championship 1 will be next year

Anyway having thought about it I would definately play Jack in all the remaining games, he has put pressure on himself by signing so its now up to him to not let his team mates, coaching staff & us fans down from now on and I think he will give 100% whatever - he's just that type of lad

A lot been said about signing our young lads up for next year & I totally agree, but we will need some class & experience to replace Jack & also Fordy as this will be his last playing season

Edited by shades2, 07 August 2014 - 08:13 AM.

#26 BEANO

BEANO
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

Look at the date Mr Bus started this thread .
Jack signed for Hunslet a month ago because Hunslet came forward with a deal he just couldnt turn down . He told me York didnt want to discuss contracts until they knew what league they would be playing in next season, he finally got offered a contract the day before the Gloucester game which was a month to late . Knowing Jack as I do i know he will give 100% to York City Knights until his contract ends he wants York to get the promotion they deserve, he wants it for the fans as a thank you for the last 4 years he has been at York .
Good Luck Jack still the best hooker outside of Super League in my opinion . As someone said in a previous post cant blame Jack or Hunslet for coming in for him !
York and Proud of it

#27 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:28 AM

Jack Lee is an outstanding Hooker, slice him through the middle and he has YCK running through him like a stick of rock.

But he lives in Cas and has a young family to think of.

Moving to Hunslet will get him more time with his family. The deal is the same regardless of league, and he'll see more win bonuses in Champ 1 so it's in his interests for York to go up. And York is where his mates are - he's not gonna let his mates down.

Yes it's disappointing, but the timing of the announcement is not Jack's doing, it's Hunslet's. Grubby Hunslet with their grubby ways. Hunslet have timed the announcement for when York are doing exceptionally and looking towards promotion in order to rattle us. You only need to see the way this thread was started by a Hunslet *fan* (anonymous pseudonym, could be anyone) to see it's all carefully crafted to be as grubby as we expect.

Dirty, filthy, grubby Hunslet - full of ASBOs, Snide and STDs

Don't let the b**tards get us down - we're doing brilliantly and Jack Lee will be as good for the rest of the season as he has been for his whole time with us.

Best of luck to the lad.

Jack Lee is a York Knight, Jack Lee is a York Knight, na naa naa naa...

#28 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Stil a bit of conflict of interest if we play Hunslet in final though even the most professional of players would be thinking if i win today im playing next year in the lower league but if i lose oh well least ill be playing in league above next year.

Also would his contact salary be fixed or would it go up if hes playing in higher league?
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#29 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

He told me York didnt want to discuss contracts until they knew what league they would be playing in next season,

This is slightly concerning. Are we going to be leaving it too late again to sign players with all the best ones being snapped up. IF we go up then all the teams above us will have had a good month or so ahead of us and IF we stay down then the five that will be coming down also have a month on us. Barrow & Swinton (And probably North Wales & Rochdale) are probably preparing now.

This thread sums up how much I hate how early contracts can be discussed. Something needs to change.

#30 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

Stil a bit of conflict of interest if we play Hunslet in final though even the most professional of players would be thinking if i win today im playing next year in the lower league but if i lose oh well least ill be playing in league above next year.

Also would his contact salary be fixed or would it go up if hes playing in higher league?

Read this interview: http://www.yorkpress..._Hunslet_Hawks/

Financially and personally, he's better off at Hunslet in the lower league due to travel and win bonuses. Same contract regardless of league - GF outcome would only affect number of win bonuses he's likely to get and amount of training and pressure he'll have.

And after 4 years service, does he want to go out as a villain or as a Hall of Fame bound Legend?

This is slightly concerning. Are we going to be leaving it too late again to sign players with all the best ones being snapped up. IF we go up then all the teams above us will have had a good month or so ahead of us and IF we stay down then the five that will be coming down also have a month on us. Barrow & Swinton (And probably North Wales & Rochdale) are probably preparing now.

This thread sums up how much I hate how early contracts can be discussed. Something needs to change.

There will be 5 clubs worth of players not wanting to go down from Champ, Whoever goes up (hopefully York) would be 1st choice for most of them. Who knows, Sheff and Batley could be one of those clubs. Plenty to choose from when/if the time comes.

#31 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

Mr bus is not an hunslet fan.

#32 steve56

steve56
  • Coach
  • 376 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

I like Hunslet,there's some ace takeaways there.

#33 Fantasia

Fantasia
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

Good luck Jack!! 

Good luck Jack! :onthequiet:Udeserve it. 

#34 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:25 AM

Jack Lee is an outstanding Hooker, slice him through the middle and he has YCK running through him like a stick of rock.

Moving to Hunslet will get him more time with his family. The deal is the same regardless of league, and he'll see more win bonuses in Champ 1 so it's in his interests for York to go up. And York is where his mates are - he's not gonna let his mates down.

Yes it's disappointing, but the timing of the announcement is not Jack's doing, it's Hunslet's. Grubby Hunslet with their grubby ways. Hunslet have timed the announcement for when York are doing exceptionally and looking towards promotion in order to rattle us. You only need to see the way this thread was started by a Hunslet *fan* (anonymous pseudonym, could be anyone) to see it's all carefully crafted to be as grubby as we expect.

Don't let the b**tards get us down - we're doing brilliantly and Jack Lee will be as good for the rest of the season as he has been for his whole time with us.

Best of luck to the lad.

#35 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:26 AM

Best of luck to the lad.

#36 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,131 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

(hopefully York) would be 1st choice for most of them. Who knows, Sheff and Batley could be one of those clubs..........or Batley or both ;)
One or two lads already peeping over the parapet to see's where 2015 might see them..

Edited by andyacko, 08 August 2014 - 10:48 AM.

#37 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,131 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

Only time, in that marvellous way it passes, will eventually enlighten us as to whether Hunslet have signed the right player...

However for his time and input at the Knights, Jack should go with everyone's very best wishes.

#38 lionheart

lionheart
  • Coach
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

i remember his dad bruce, excellant kicker

#39 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

Think they call jacks dad Chris.