We just made it off the turn off before but in bad traffic now

Not looking good

Wayne

#3 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

Glad I didn't bother going straight from work, looks like we really couldn't be arsed tonight. Great stuff guys keep it up and we'll be down before the end of the month!

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#4 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

Pretty bad Friday night

The only way it could have been better is if the game got called off

rugby is a tricky game when you can't even catch

Wayne

#5 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

Got there after over 3 hrs, got last 20 mins, nightmare travel and score

#6 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

3 hours for me, got there just before we scored.

Woeful performance! We are sorely missing Watto, as he was the organiser in the team.

Don't forget to bring a few bob for the walk next week please!

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#7 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

We are sorely missing Watto, as he was the organiser in the team.

That was also the case last Sunday against Workington Town. Sorely lacking leadership where it counts.

#8 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

All those that made it tonight deserve a medal! We were forced to go into Manchester and via Oldham and Huddersfield.

#9 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:14 PM

All those that made it tonight deserve a medal! We were forced to go into Manchester and via Oldham and Huddersfield.

Ah! the good old A62 eh?

#10 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:24 AM

Ridiculous time to have a match. Friday night games which involve using the m62 must be outlawed

So glad I didn't attempt it and my admiration for those that did
Awful scoreline but they are a good team

#11 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:36 AM

It's an 80 minute game and in the first half hour we gave as good as we got and dominated for a spell when we could have notched a couple more scores.  Zac Johnson was making a real impression and there were signs of one or two different moves being tried in attack.

Once Dewsbury got into their stride particularly in the second half they played us off the park and looked a good team.

Not a great night all in all for the Lions.

#12 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 617 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:37 AM

A few of us took the rattler & were totally unaware of the traffic problems. Spelly must have thought his unblemished 30-odd year record was in danger at one point!

The first 30 mins of the game were very even, & we had 2 tries disallowed at 6-6. A try which made it 18-6 for them on HT was a blow. In the second half we never regained any initiative and the longer it went on the more dominant Dewsbury became.

Edited by steve wild, 05 July 2014 - 07:38 AM.

#13 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

A few of us took the rattler & were totally unaware of the traffic problems. Spelly must have thought his unblemished 30-odd year record was in danger at one point!

The first 30 mins of the game were very even, & we had 2 tries disallowed at 6-6. A try which made it 18-6 for them on HT was a blow. In the second half we never regained any initiative and the longer it went on the more dominant Dewsbury became.

You're bang on there mate!

Next to me in the stopped traffic on the motorway, were two Wire fans on their way to Hull. This was at about 7.15 and we'd only got as far as Halifax by then, It was 8.15 when I got to the ground, so I reckon that duo saw very little (if any) of their game!

The M62 on a "normal" Friday evening is a nightmare, but last night was just unbelievable, and then I was "rewarded" with a 48-8 tonking!

No probs going home, and I was in my house just over an hour later from leaving the stadium!

Thankfully I'm (hint hint) walking to the Fev match, so there shouldn't be any hold-ups!

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#14 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

Ridiculous time to have a match. Friday night games which involve using the m62 must be outlawed

So glad I didn't attempt it and my admiration for those that did
Awful scoreline but they are a good team

Totally agree Mark 8 o'clock on a Friday night is not good especially when you've to travel on the dreaded m62 it's a nightmare!! To the game at 6-6 apiece I was worried & you had a try disallowed for a forward which from where I was stood it looked it but I'm biased,at 18-6 at ht really flattered us,but 2nd half they was only 1 team in it due to your indiscipline & dropping too much ball. That Zach Johnson's a big unit,heard a rumour that we're hoping to sign him for next season only lives about 10/15 minutes walk away from ground. Anyway good luck for rest of season

#15 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:27 AM

Zachs been a real good find for us
Hands off !

#16 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

Zac being eyed up by Dewsbury. There lies a major problem.We can't kid ourselves we are going down and when we do the team as we know it will more than likely break up.All our top players will be snapped up by championship teams and we will once more be left to pick up the pieces. Why oh why didn't Watto stay to the end of the season and give us a chance to consolidate in the championship. Why the rush for Duffy why didn't we try and get Steve Mac back I'm sure he would have been tempted. If the current team does break up on relegation then I fear the worst I sincerely hope I'm wrong but gut feeling tells me otherwise.

#17 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

that might not be the case IF Koukash gets involved

#18 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

Zac being eyed up by Dewsbury. There lies a major problem.We can't kid ourselves we are going down and when we do the team as we know it will more than likely break up.All our top players will be snapped up by championship teams and we will once more be left to pick up the pieces. Why oh why didn't Watto stay to the end of the season and give us a chance to consolidate in the championship. Why the rush for Duffy why didn't we try and get Steve Mac back I'm sure he would have been tempted. If the current team does break up on relegation then I fear the worst I sincerely hope I'm wrong but gut feeling tells me otherwise.

When Ian Watson left you lost not only your coach but your play maker & to be fair it stood out a mile against us last night,you've got a decent side with a lot of young lads ie Johnson,Bennion & Brown who we'll have as well,you must have one of the biggest packs in championship so if you had 2 good half backs behind them I think you'd pick some valuable wins up!! Were's that O'Brien,Maden & Aspinwall?

#19 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

Give John Duffy a chance, Ste Mc has only just signed a deal with the All Golds.

#20 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:29 PM

Sadly Marshy we don't have time to give duffy a chance. We had to win our last two games and we would be right in the mix to stay up. With some tough games left i think we are done.

It's pretty unfair on the new coach but the timing by all parties is to blame

Wayne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users