22-16

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Just left the ground. Lots to think about! All l can say is we still need to fight for all it's worth!

#2 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

Couldn't get to Workington but they seem a form team at the mo so to go down by one score seems a decent effort. Some tough games coming up but I think we will finish comfortably in the play offs

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#3 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:34 PM

Tough side they do have 3 lads from wigan who all have played sl in last month alone at wigan.. Plus its shown again today don't show up you get turned over bookies must of had field day with fev losing..

Edited by Keep The Faith, 06 July 2014 - 09:34 PM.

#4 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

Always gonna be tough there today. Bonus point isn't a disaster.

Massive game next weekend.

#5 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

Always gonna be tough there today. Bonus point isn't a disaster.

Massive game next weekend.

I thought your guys put a very honest shift in for the shirt today. You lifted when Rowe and Hirst came on and both half backs threw everything at us Black with his running game Leatherbarrow with his kicking game. Thought we just defended outstandingly and got more from our centre second rows in terms of attacking options. You've to many talented honest professionals to end up in the mire
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#6 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

I think we played ok in parts. Just a dodgy first ten at start of second half left us with too much to find. I think a couple of wins and a run of bonus points will probably be enough but still a long way to go to get them.

#7 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

Sounds like we didn't play particularly well, but Workington are a much improved side this season. Leigh only won by 6 points up there a few weeks back. Very rare that I'd ever confess to this, but I'm satisfied with a bonus point from today's game.

Posted Image

#8 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 224 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:43 PM

Black was good - we just don't need his constant appeals to the ref ... Overall a good game between 2 equal sides ... Surely you have better than Keegan hurst though ?

#9 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 772 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

I thought it would be hard going at Workington  so a bonus point isn't too bad.Workington  have had a lot of close games this time.

#10 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:18 AM

Black was good - we just don't need his constant appeals to the ref ... Overall a good game between 2 equal sides ... Surely you have better than Keegan hurst though ?

Black was exercising his right as captain to talk to the referee, and it wasn't constant, it was only over one specific incident. As for Hirst, he has been great for us since his return on loan. Today wasn't his best but it happens.

Edited by distantdog, 07 July 2014 - 05:20 AM.

#11 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:57 AM

What's with doom and gloom lost 1 game in last 5 picked up a bonus point,we have stopped teams from getting bonus points too,we win 4 games in a row we are deep in relegation we are 6th 1 point behind the rams,we played a much improved Workington team that are moving up like we have pushed up into play off spots,I would be more worried if like fev lost to Rochdale 2nd from bottom who don't seem to be improving like Workington

#12 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

Keegan hirst is a great player for us,must be ok fev took him,everybody can have a bad game still draws in 4 defenders

#13 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

According to League Express, Keegan is struggling with a knee injury and it was hoped that Mullally or Johnson would be available. As it turned out Keegan had to put the shirt on.  Let's hope he hasn't made it worse.  Seems a bit strange letting Leary go out on loan with Brennan already out if this is the case.

#14 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

Not managed to get my league papers,but think if has got a knee injury good on him putting his hand up to play people think played ###### but don't know going in with a knock or two,but might have been thought he would be ok to play and trying to keep others happy with Leary and Brennan,with Brennan didn't think was cutting the mustard with performances he is only 20,but looked to be an aggressive and destructive prop,getting some good reviews and was champ 1 player of week twice hope comes back ready to rip trees up,thought Leary looked good in games he played but with applegarth back hard to get him in

#15 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

What's with doom and gloom lost 1 game in last 5 picked up a bonus point,we have stopped teams from getting bonus points too,we win 4 games in a row we are deep in relegation we are 6th 1 point behind the rams,we played a much improved Workington team that are moving up like we have pushed up into play off spots,I would be more worried if like fev lost to Rochdale 2nd from bottom who don't seem to be improving like Workington

Not so much doom and gloom as recognition that it is all very close in the middle section of he division. I suspect we might be playing well enough to be ok, as Workington are probably the form team at the moment, and we could have nicked it. 

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

Shouldn't be doom n gloom on what I saw . You were a well structured side , with a pair of halves and a back three to garner more than enough points to be fine.

#17 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 998 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

this sunday will show us were we are at, i reckon we can win sunday and set our stall out for a great finish to the season and playoffs.  ?? whats tale with jd. is brennon due back.

#18 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

this sunday will show us were we are at, i reckon we can win sunday and set our stall out for a great finish to the season and playoffs.  ?? whats tale with jd. is brennon due back.

Good point, what is happening with Davies?

Edited by distantdog, 07 July 2014 - 12:52 PM.

#19 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

Looking at league table I think bottom 4 is boxed off,it's that 5th relegation spot we've to be worried about apart from the top 4 clubs of course!!! Every body saying you've a lot harder run in than most clubs but they're all hard games in this league,to be honest I think you'll get the points you'll need like us because I think you can go to Sheffield & fev & get a result!!!

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

I think yesterday showed 2 very well organised, well coached teams. As you guys have said were probably the in form team as of late and if we'd had vievers in for pre season we'd be comfortably safe this year. You deserved your bonus point and battled to the very end. Hope you stay up as I like kear as a coach. Good luck for the rest of the year and let's all hope we get to see each other next season.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users