22-16

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

Happy with a bonus point in the end but should have had all 3 but for a few silly mistakes and questionable decisions by the ref.

Our reversion back to one man rugby for whatever reason was our ultimate undoing.

Credit to Workington though, they looked a far better side than the one we played earlier in the season amd will stay up on that showing.

Massive month coming up, could be back in the relegation dog fight if we dont win a couple of games against the 'big 4'.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#22 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

Black was good - we just don't need his constant appeals to the ref ... Overall a good game between 2 equal sides ... Surely you have better than Keegan hurst though ?

Must have been better than listening to your one eyed fans yesterday. according to them we were offside at every play the ball and all our passes were forward. Me i think you deserved to win as Workington were the better side on the day. We never threw in the towel and to be honest i think the scoreline flattered us a little but like other fans glad we came away with a bonus point . Well played and good luck for the rest of the season .

#23 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

What's with doom and gloom lost 1 game in last 5 picked up a bonus point,we have stopped teams from getting bonus points too,we win 4 games in a row we are deep in relegation we are 6th 1 point behind the rams,we played a much improved Workington team that are moving up like we have pushed up into play off spots,I would be more worried if like fev lost to Rochdale 2nd from bottom who don't seem to be improving like Workington

Agreed Marko9 we can win on Sunday just need to get more from our bench players as in the last two games they have had little impact and we have to stop slipping back to the one man rugby that got us into trouble earlier in the season.

#24 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

To add to the defeat, Miles G is likely to be out for a while now with a broken thumb. Just seen on Twitter.

#25 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

Oh no not Miles ! now i am worried . He is our only real strike player and with the next four games being Halifax and Leigh at home Sheffield and Fev away i wonder where our points will come from. The only other game that Miles missed was Sheffield at home with him we probably would have beaten them. May i suggest JK admits he was wrong and go and get Conner from Hudds for a month. A centre too please. A little quality wins matches look at workington on Sunday with Jack Murphy, Dom Manfredi, and Declan Hulme they made a massive difference to their team. I do not like DR but staying up is everything to our club. Hopefully this is where having a quality coach makes the difference.  

#26 phildog

phildog
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

Have said all along that with small squad and lack of DR help we need all the players on our books and can't afford to be sending players out on loan. We're down to a regular 19ish so need those 2 back on our squad NOW. Leary especially I believe has had a very rough deal - he seems only to get picked when it's a big game i.e. he played v Fev but doesn't seem to get a look in in games where we should be dominant which would give him more of a platform. He's good, but definitely seems to be being put in a position where he won't want to stay next year, Brennan could be the same, they're both of a similar age and can't be learning any more by being at York, with respect to them and GT.

#27 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

Have said all along that with small squad and lack of DR help we need all the players on our books and can't afford to be sending players out on loan. We're down to a regular 19ish so need those 2 back on our squad NOW. Leary especially I believe has had a very rough deal - he seems only to get picked when it's a big game i.e. he played v Fev but doesn't seem to get a look in in games where we should be dominant which would give him more of a platform. He's good, but definitely seems to be being put in a position where he won't want to stay next year, Brennan could be the same, they're both of a similar age and can't be learning any more by being at York, with respect to them and GT.

We're fine in the forwards. Neither Brennan nor Leary are regular material at the moment, so why not loan them out with a view to keeping them match fit. Unless you think John Kear should be planning to play Leary at centre and Brennan at full-back? Maybe he's really good under the high ball, I don't know?

Edited by TheTerminator, 08 July 2014 - 02:08 PM.

Posted Image

#28 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

nah brennan on the wing as fantastic turn of pace and over 100 metres is fastest player we have :)

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#29 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

No Miles is a huge blow ahead of 4 massive games.

Could be a game changer in the survival race that. Lets hope JK has something up his sleeve.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#30 RogerT

RogerT
  • Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:03 PM

You know what lads, after the last 4 years I don't mind as I will be there for them.

Yes a shock of reality but we will bounce back.

#31 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

As BTJ said i am hoping Jk has something up his sleeve i have seen what we have. We need re- enforcements in the backs now. We have lost our two main strike players in Griffin and Greenwood there are 8 games left with only 1 game where i would say we will definately win . The next 4 are tough to say the least. Lets see how much desire the team has we certainly need it. 

#32 phildog

phildog
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:38 AM

Clearly Paterson will come back in at full back and yes we should bring in Connor at centre, surprised we haven't seen more of him, so everyone says he had a shocker at Leigh, but didn't everyone, and he was out of position. Only a couple of weeks before he'd had a blinder at stand off, and if he'd stayed there whilst Black was out, Leatherbarrow wouldn't have had to try and play with so many different partners. Still feel despite other comments that Leary is worth his place, as I said it's been mostly bigger games where Kear has picked him and I can't say he's not pulled his weight. He's into his second year with us and knows what we're all about, and I fear that he won't want a third year sitting on the edges, a third year where he should reasonably expect more involvement. Brennan could prove to be one of JK's experiments in the mould of Whitmore, Palfrey etc which didn't quite come off, but I suppose we should be willing to wait and see if loan has done him any good IF he ever comes back.

#33 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

Sorry but Connor is too lazy. He played like he didn't want to be there and put no effort in at Leigh. There is a difference in having a bad game but putting in the effort (no matter what position you are in) and just not trying and seeming like playing in the championship is beneath you.

#34 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:45 AM

Sorry but Connor is too lazy. He played like he didn't want to be there and put no effort in at Leigh. There is a difference in having a bad game but putting in the effort (no matter what position you are in) and just not trying and seeming like playing in the championship is beneath you.

Exactly. York had a similar experience last season with Jamie Shaul, who displayed a blatant lack of effort in the few games he played for them. To be fair to Sir Gary, he showed him the door immediately - as did John Kear to Jake Connor.

Edited by TheTerminator, 12 July 2014 - 08:46 AM.

Posted Image

#35 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

I think Connor played for the Giants last night, as did Mullally, so can be discounted for Sunday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users