TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

AGM

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:56 AM

Said that years ago FB. Some people think that us minnows don't understand finances. I for one are looking forward to next season. This season was always going to be hard. We all had expectations and the writing on the wall was decided earlier on in the season.

Onwards and upwards as they say. A bit of stability is needed so if we can BG for a couple seasons that would be good. My worry is that this club is only a stepping stone for him. I may be wrong!! The talk of an 'A' team can only be good news. Probably need a big sponsor for that to happen. How much was it to run the A team last time?? It would be good for someone who posts on here to sponsor that if possible.

Well said Gaz.

#42 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

Can someone please put the details of the AGM on here as I can't make tonight.

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#43 5 drives 4 a drive

5 drives 4 a drive
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

It's next Thursday isn't it?

#44 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

Your right sorry

#45 Red Stripe

Red Stripe
  • Coach
  • 994 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

I've received my copy of the 2013 Accounts to look at prior to Thursday's meeting.

Mike Liversedge

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#46 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

I've received my copy of the 2013 Accounts to look at prior to Thursday's meeting.

I have received them also and no surprises enclosed  :rtfm:

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#47 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

What do they show? Do all debenture holders get them sent out?

#48 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,579 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

I think the best thing is to phone Karen and she will send you a copy by email. Obviously for debenture holders only.

Posted Image

#49 Red Stripe

Red Stripe
  • Coach
  • 994 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

What do they show? Do all debenture holders get them sent out?

Not our place to comment on here before the AGM.

Mike Liversedge

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#50 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

Not our place to comment on here before the AGM.

Good point.

#51 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:33 AM

Family commitments are preventing me from attending the AGM which i am sure will be good news for some  :tongue:.   After fully digesting the 2013 accounts there was no surprise to see the reasons for the announced financial crisis last year and following which the announced cash flow problems. As there is more than debenture holders who read and post on this forum it is not my place to give out details of the accounts but I think someone with a backbone needs to ask the following questions at the up coming AGM :

Why was the players salary budget massively increased with less projected income into the club

There remains a large debt and claim which could be called on at any time, is there a plan of how this will be dealt with if and when it appears

Loans,mortgage increases during 2013 were obviously required due to the first question above which (taking out the scheduled debt repayments) have increased the long term debt to the club.

Who has been carrying out the financial handling/budget planning/salary cap returns of the clubs affairs since the surprised departure of Keith Holt

I for one hope that the club Directors have very carefully looked at reducing the expenditure for 2014 to that now affordable to ensure the long term survival of this long established and well loved club.

#52 Red Stripe

Red Stripe
  • Coach
  • 994 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:01 AM

Family commitments are preventing me from attending the AGM which i am sure will be good news for some  :tongue:.   After fully digesting the 2013 accounts there was no surprise to see the reasons for the announced financial crisis last year and following which the announced cash flow problems. As there is more than debenture holders who read and post on this forum it is not my place to give out details of the accounts but I think someone with a backbone needs to ask the following questions at the up coming AGM :

Why was the players salary budget massively increased with less projected income into the club

There remains a large debt and claim which could be called on at any time, is there a plan of how this will be dealt with if and when it appears

Loans,mortgage increases during 2013 were obviously required due to the first question above which (taking out the scheduled debt repayments) have increased the long term debt to the club.

Who has been carrying out the financial handling/budget planning/salary cap returns of the clubs affairs since the surprised departure of Keith Holt

I for one hope that the club Directors have very carefully looked at reducing the expenditure for 2014 to that now affordable to ensure the long term survival of this long established and well loved club.

But I think I'll just go ahead and do it anyway.

While not quoting specific figures you still manage to stir the pot! 

If you want these questions answered why didn't you just ask a friend (if you have one who is a debenture holder) to bring them up at the meeting?

Mike Liversedge

#53 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:28 AM

If you want these questions answered why didn't you just ask a friend (if you have one who is a debenture holder) to bring them up at the meeting?

No details given

I think you mean bury your head in the sand rather than stir the pot

#54 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

Maybe the figures ain't quite what Neil expected so he's done a about turn and isn't attending the agm, maybe he has also passed the bullets to somebody else and asked them to pull the trigger. We will never know as he's not able to attend the meeting.

I've not seen the accounts yet but I'm sure when people see them at the agm they "won't" bury their heads.

I've never known anybody who supposedly have so much love for a club want a bod to fail so much.

Edited by Flaming balls, 06 August 2014 - 01:38 PM.

#55 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

Maybe the figures ain't quite what Neil expected so he's done a about turn and isn't attending the agm, maybe he has also passed the bullets to somebody else and asked them to pull the trigger. We will never know as he's not able to attend the meeting.

I've not seen the accounts yet but I'm sure when people see them at the agm they "won't" bury their heads.

I've never known anybody who supposedly have so much love for a club want a bod to fail so much.

You couldn't be any further from the truth FBB

#56 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

You couldn't be any further from the truth FBB

You certainly make it look that way.

#57 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

You certainly make it look that way.

I put a lot of time and effort into making sure the club survived and had a future during 2011 and the club has the potential to do really well if its run properly. The systems i built and put in place for Karen was to ease the pressure and make daily running simpler and easier.  The business plan designed was fluid and gave budgets which could be expanded but to do that additional funding needed to be brought in. My gripe with other Directors came about from what wasn't happening rather than what did .

As I have said many times before the club has the potential to be great once again but you can only spend what you have within the budgets set.

#58 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

Why did the chairman state the clubs debt will be cleared by Christmas yet you state the club is in huge debt and in the midst of a financial crisis.

Who is right you or the chairman?

#59 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

The club will always have debt  i.e. the mortgage and the debentures. I think what the chairman was talking about is the loans the club have.

#60 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

not sure I want to get involved in this, however why would we always have a mortgage? One thing I will say is that if we keep topping the mortgage up by borrowing the repayments back to cover shortages; as has happened, then we will never pay it off!

This is not a dig at the BoD just a simple statement that if you get into a position where you are borrowing to cover existing debts or overheads then you need to start tightening the belt. how they do that would be down to the board.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users