cougars away-massive 3 pts up for grabs

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

Looking at the table next weeks trip to cougar park seems to suddenly now have a lot more significance. We could, with a win , drag the cougars right back into the arm wrestle that is now apparent around the drop zone or aloss could allow them to make a bit of a gap between us. A good weeks preparation and there's no reason why the lads can't bring 3pts home and it feels a very big 3pts now even though theres lots of rugby still to be played yet.

Edited by town4me, 07 July 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#2 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

Huge game for both our teams. Marchy is back and with a bit of luck Danny Jones also. It will be a very tense 80 mins

#3 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

Huge game for both our teams. Marchy is back and with a bit of luck Danny Jones also. It will be a very tense 80 mins

well if you can't get up for beating 1 of the march brothers then you shouldn't be playing rugby. Hope his return gives our boys that added incentive to get a good win.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#4 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

13 Jul KO:15:00ChampionshipRd: 19
Keighley Cougars v Workington Town
Cougar Park
Ref: T Roby
Touch J: J Lowery
Touch J: N Walker
Reserve: C McDonagh
M Com: D Milburn

#5 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

13 Jul KO:15:00ChampionshipRd: 19
Keighley Cougars v Workington Town
Cougar Park
Ref: T Roby
Touch J: J Lowery
Touch J: N Walker
Reserve: C McDonagh
M Com: D Milburn

Interesting they have appointed a regular SL ref for this one - wonder if its got anything to do with March's return? hopefully should add to a decent fast game which should suit you 

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,858 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

I was thinking the same thing on the ref . He wasn't taking a verbal and body check off Mick Weyman lying down was he ?
Probably something in that

#7 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

I was thinking the same thing on the ref . He wasn't taking a verbal and body check off Mick Weyman lying down was he ?
Probably something in that

Tim Roby is only in superleague due to the unwillingness of many better referees to go full time. Thomason and Leatherbarrow are better
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#8 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

He reffed Barrow Vs Whaven on sunday

#9 Alineden

Alineden
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

Apparently he was terrible for both sides. Clueless was the word used.

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,858 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

Well , could be worse . Could be Phil Bentham . There are a few duds about . I agree about Leatherbarra , not so much ' holding down ' Thomason . May get pelters , but I'd put Hewer up there in our league to .
But the way of the world is they're fine when you win , and not so when you lose ! That's rugby , as seen by the letters pages

Edited by DavidM, 08 July 2014 - 06:03 PM.

#11 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

Well , could be worse . Could be Phil Bentham . There are a few duds about . I agree about Leatherbarra , not so much ' holding down ' Thomason . May get pelters , but I'd put Hewer up there in our league to .
But the way of the world is they're fine when you win , and not so when you lose ! That's rugby , as seen by the letters pages

totally agree on hewer. I would say he's the best ref we've had up here.

#12 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

who would ever think them words would be written on here ha got to agree though..
go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

#13 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,811 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

One Wigan player we wont be getting - Gil Dudson banned for 3 games and fined £300 for a shoulder charge!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#14 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:49 PM

I would guess that with Wigan being in France this wkend that it'll be sorted already who we are getting, same 3 as last week would be just fine.

#15 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

And because he won't go full time he won't get to referee in superleague, so the lads in our league mainly have no upward progression and the superleague boys are safe irrespective of performance as there's no replacements. Then we as fans wonder why standards have dropped so dramatically!!!
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,858 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

Do you have to be full time ? I've seen guys from our league doing SL games . I thnk Thomason did one last week , and I think Hewer has to . It's poor if that's the criteria , a good ref is a good ref . Full time is a white elephant , it doesn't mean anything in terms of decision making . I don't think anyway .

Edited by DavidM, 08 July 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#17 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:27 PM

One Wigan player we wont be getting - Gil Dudson banned for 3 games and fined £300 for a shoulder charge!!!!

i wouldn't swap one of our forwards anytime soon. And shacks is only a few weeks away.

Edited by wonky, 08 July 2014 - 08:27 PM.

#18 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,858 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

I still think we good do with some fresh beef in the middle . Big Rowly has had a string of hard , hard games , and it's new territory for him . He looks a bit tired and maybe needs a spell . Olstrum and Rooney have been playing prop lately to , and even Coward isn't , in my opinion , tearing in like when on top form . I would like to see someone in to really bend the line, rough it up and play the ball quick . Like James did . Just to spell our lads , lighten the load and give us the grunt and yards we've lacked a fair bit this year in the middle third . The fringe guys are doing great stuff . The blokes have done the job ok , but just that bit extra we had last year ?

Edited by DavidM, 08 July 2014 - 08:38 PM.

#19 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:38 PM

Thing is our pack at the moment is dominating all before them. And we had 2 very unlucky forwards in rooney and duerden who missed out on Sunday. Other than James the Wigan lads haven't shown me anything to want one over our lads. I would rather we just got manfredi,Murphy and tierney everyweek. Just my opinion though.

Edited by wonky, 08 July 2014 - 08:40 PM.

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

Oh and Joel Tompkins for a couple of games when fit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users