cougars away-massive 3 pts up for grabs

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

What do ya think ? Will Tierney go to fullback for extra attacking threat , or will Murphys solidity and continuity keep him there ? Or will Tierney move into the centre . I think he'll be a bit wasted on the wing myself

#62 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

What do ya think ? Will Tierney go to fullback for extra attacking threat , or will Murphys solidity and continuity keep him there ? Or will Tierney move into the centre . I think he'll be a bit wasted on the wing myself

I think tierney will go full back with Murphy on the wing as he's played more games there than Lewis. Personally Murphy has earned our fullback jersey for the remainder of the year if he's with us, but I suppose you would play them in positions which there both used to. Looks like it will be mossop and stack centres, and you would expect duerden to come it at loose with rooney starting at 2nd row.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#63 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

I'd go that way round with them two as well

#64 macca57

macca57
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

i think we should start with olstrum at loose,he defends better in my view, phil seams to like rooney as a prop so i think he will start on bench

#65 Garymaca07

Garymaca07
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

fingers crossed for a win.good luck lads,up the Town......

#66 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

i think we should start with olstrum at loose,he defends better in my view, phil seams to like rooney as a prop so i think he will start on bench

thought olstrum was outstanding at prop last week, he never passes the ball so he might as well be at prop.

#67 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

Yeah we're not really an offload team after contact are we . That was something different Thacks brought , and half the time they weren't expecting it ! Olstrum doesn't really need a number on his back does he , he just does the Olstrum rock hard Olstrum thing . You want him in your side every week

Edited by DavidM, 12 July 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#68 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 999 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

How about Lewis at 6 o 7 with Forber (has good hands and alot of pace),  moss and Duerden centres, hasnt he played there before? Luppy at 13, Callum off the bench to spell players? Stack could also swap with Duerden if things needed twicked.

#69 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:13 PM

How about Lewis at 6 o 7 with Forber (has good hands and alot of pace), moss and Duerden centres, hasnt he played there before? Luppy at 13, Callum off the bench to spell players? Stack could also swap with Duerden if things needed twicked.

i think the half backs performed good enough last week to hold there place. For some reason duerden hasn't been given a shot at centre, but saying that dan rooney is a quality centre who plays anywhere but there. Can't argue with any selection Phil makes though, he's got it spot on lately.

#70 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

I think Tierney looks a potential handy 6 as well . Either 1 or 6 he's a real weapon in a side . Callum seems to be playing a more conservative game lately , as if PV has toned down his free spirit a bit? However many players may come through the doors , PV is the best signing we'll make .

Edited by DavidM, 12 July 2014 - 06:29 PM.

#71 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

Manfredi is just having a nice weekend off in the south of France !

#72 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:00 PM

I think Tierney looks a potential handy 6 as well . Either 1 or 6 he's a real weapon in a side . Callum seems to be playing a more conservative game lately , as if PV has toned down his free spirit a bit? However many players may come through the doors , PV is the best signing we'll make .

Brett Carter was a handy 6 but he never gets a crack

#73 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:45 PM

Callum should be on the field as long as poss if fit not sitting on the bench

Edited by Bearintown, 12 July 2014 - 11:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users