TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Whitehaven 40 Dewsbury 34 - discussion, report, highlights

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

34 - 24

#22 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

40-30.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#23 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

40 - 34, 2 mins left

#24 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

40-34 ft
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

#25 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

Well, well....squeaky bum time fast approaching. Now just 3 points between us and relegation....wish as I was as sure as others that we ain't going down....

#26 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

Some results went against us today and we will continue to live in interesting times but we should remain confident. Whitehaven has never been a happy hunting ground for us has it?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#27 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

Well, well....squeaky bum time fast approaching. Now just 3 points between us and relegation....wish as I was as sure as others that we ain't going down....

Great isn't it!

I wonder who will blink first?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#28 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

One point was the minimum from today's game. Very tight for that last space.

[

#29 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

Relegation is wide open but we would have to have the worst run in of all five teams to go down.

#30 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

Still think we are still too good to worry about the drop, BUT it does now look that the bottom four as it stands will go down, leaving in my opinion the final last spot will go to a team far too good to go down in a normal season.Still think the team finishing fifth from bottom should play against the team who finished first in championship one.

#31 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

Next week's fixture takes on even greater significance.

I look forward to reading a report of today's game and seeing the video. i was intrigued to see Sherrif back in the team and wonder if there will be a place for Grayston again this season. we really need a fit Rob Spicer back to add that bit of leadership and direction in the pack. I also think that it is asking a lot of Grady to play him in the 2nd row again - was Haggarty rested?

Nervous times ahead!!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#32 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

I also believe that the bottom 4, as it stands now, will go down. It's the fifth spot that is still to play for. I've heard the North Wales chairman is resigned to going down and is just trying to play for some pride.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#33 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

If it was four down it would be nice and clear cut - and fair . But five looks even more eye watering now . A team is gonna go down on around 40 points in a very tough league ! Doesn't seem quite fair , especially looking at what it takes to get promoted from the poor league below

#34 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:13 AM

GOR

Tom has already informed us that Jordan Grayston was attending a wedding (Abroad apparently).

The player for Whitehaven was the tall ginger-haired Grayson who left Featherstone last year for
work reasons and is making a comeback.

Before all of you who did not go to the game start speculating about team selection, all the regular
players or ones who played in the last game who did not play yesterday were injured, suspended or
have signed for another team.

#35 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

Thanks for the info wilsden , i have been working away for the last few days so am a bit out of touch but i did know that the injury situation is pretty bad at the moment . just off the top of my head we have about six players out injured including three long term and losing kyle briggs is a blow . lets hope the situation improves asap as we are a bit thin on the ground with troops at the moment . 

I think the continued vitriol towards karl pryce from some quarters is unfair as i think he has been playing well recently , fair criticism where its due but in his case i dont think it is at the moment .

#36 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

GOR

Tom has already informed us that Jordan Grayston was attending a wedding (Abroad apparently).

The player for Whitehaven was the tall ginger-haired Grayson who left Featherstone last year for
work reasons and is making a comeback.

Before all of you who did not go to the game start speculating about team selection, all the regular
players or ones who played in the last game who did not play yesterday were injured, suspended or
have signed for another team.

You could forgive me for being so impertinent as to ask the question though couldn't you Wilsden - particularly as Sky live had the player marked down as GraysTon, not Grayson. Appologies for any offence (or speculation) caused.

Edited by grumpyoldram, 14 July 2014 - 08:20 AM.

#37 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

It says Jon Grayson when I look at Sky Live, but anyway...

Really weird game and a lot like Swinton away, except against a much better team.

Three tries in six minutes after the 50-minute mark killed us. We conceded a try after losing the scrum against head and feed, and then conceded another when a loose ball was volleyed up the slope from 40 metres out and sat up perfectly under the posts. The third was a good one though, coming from a break made after one of our squad's better players pulled out of tackling Scott McAcoy.

This came after we'd scored just after half-time and appeared to be taking hold of the game.

My opinion is that we need to respect possession more, and have confidence that we are capable of breaking teams down with well-timed passes and runs. Some of the rugby we played yesterday was real death or glory stuff when it didn't need to be.

It was another one of those games where each set resulted in either a knock-on or a try.

We need to have faith in our ability to get over the line. Our players are strong and fast, and hard to contain from five metres out. And in Wright, Hemingway, Hyde and Thackeray, we have four fantastic distributors of the ball at our disposal. Miracle balls on the first and second tackle are not needed.

Louis Sherrif did well at full-back and Sam Wood looked decent too.

Whitehaven have some great players and are far too good to go down - but then so is every team in that mid-table cluster!

#38 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

For information purposes regarding the clubs squadbuilder i reckon i should have taken a lead in providing info regarding where the moneys been allocated this season so far even though i do not have hands on with it . The squadbuilder has this season contributed to the signings of anthony thackeray , tom hemingway and wayne godwin and to everybody who contributes a big thank you is appropriate . 

#39 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

will there be some video highlights from the game or is that just for your home games ?

#40 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:17 AM

will there be some video highlights from the game or is that just for your home games ?

Yes, there should be. Will post a link on here when they're available.

Well done on your win yesterday. Haven have some great players capable of taking them higher up the table.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users