Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Blake Ferguson does refs course

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:37 AM

Well done to him. More players and coaches should do refs courses and perhaps then they would have a better understanding of the games laws.

http://www.courierma...8-1226981608128

#2 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,440 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

Don't forget refs - maybe they should do them too.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#3 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

Well done to him. More players and coaches should do refs courses and perhaps then they would have a better understanding of the games laws.

http://www.courierma...8-1226981608128

Might also give them even more reason to backchat the refs as they recite the rule book back at them after every disputed call!

What I'd hope it would do is give the players a perspective on what a difficult job it is for the refs and give them a bit of empathy. Hopefully this also heralds the return of a more mature Blake Ferguson. He was some player before the ban, best centre in the world for my money at the time. 

#4 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,302 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

Might also give them even more reason to backchat the refs as they recite the rule book back at them after every disputed call!

What I'd hope it would do is give the players a perspective on what a difficult job it is for the refs and give them a bit of empathy. Hopefully this also heralds the return of a more mature Blake Ferguson. He was some player before the ban, best centre in the world for my money at the time. 

It is an eye opener.  We held a course in Copenhagen recently, and one of the gobbiest palyers in Scandinavia became a lamb with the whistle in his hand.  Equally, one of the most gentle of men had to be told not to scare the players.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users