The Future

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 elmagic

elmagic
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

It would make sense to sign Trout as he has looked good with Rovers, but is a small fish in a large pond at Wakefield.

I agree but i fear we would have to offload a few before we could take him on?

#22 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

It would make sense to sign Trout as he has looked good with Rovers, but is a small fish in a large pond at Wakefield.

do we have the funds to perchase him

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#23 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

Not sure now we've had to pay off Basstian

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#24 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

Where is the money for FN B shares gone has it been spent already

#25 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

I'd assume that money has long since being spent.

#26 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

I think Trout has done well so far and would have gone well with, say Finn as a organiser.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 09 July 2014 - 05:20 PM.

#27 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

do we have the funds to perchase him

OR something will have to be done because if we cannot afford him someone for sure will poach him from under our noses.

#28 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

OR something will have to be done because if we cannot afford him someone for sure will poach him from under our noses.

We get the idea. Stop carping on about it.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#29 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

Not sure now we've had to pay off Basstian

As are coach do you get your contract paid up or is it the same as employment law because he wasn't here long

#30 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

I'd assume that money has long since being spent.

On what ?
When was it announced he had bought them it wasn't that long ago was it

#31 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

Not sure then, what do you reckon?

#32 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

Fev were very much the joker in the pack when I first started attending games. Caps panel of beating anyone and likewise losing to anyone, depending on which way the wing blew. Yes winning virtually every week has been brilliant, but won't that win against Halifax be all the sweeter after tasting bitter defeat against Rochdale and Workington?

#33 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

We need to win the games before that if that one is to be interesting

#34 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

We need to win the games before that if that one is to be interesting

Yes I agree. I was just speaking with certainty to contradict myself on enjoying unpredictability.

#35 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

i don't think they're paying atenchion Andrew

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#36 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,400 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

Gi the sen a s hake!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#37 The Blues Ox

The Blues Ox
  • Coach
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

Lets look at the overall picture. We have quite a few players injured and of course one suspended. 2 matches I understand. These are mainly in the forwards. Onpaper with a fit side we are still a formidable outfit. Don't forget that Donnie and Halifax have tough fixture to come. This weekend could see them both losing. If we can get a decent team out on the field and win and they both lose we are back to to 4 points in front equivalent to 5 in a way as we have a far superior for and against. One advantage is that we are heading for a settled team. Let's look on the bright side. Ok we have lost to Rochdale and Workington. The former due to a lack of forwards and the latter to an improving side. Don't forget Halifax have lost 6. In my opinion there is hope yet of finishing in second position. I would much rather be a Fev supporter than Sheffield who are near to the relegation zone. So let's keep positive.

Fax will more than likely get a bonus point in defeat at Batley which would leave the gap at 3 points with Fev still to go to Leigh and then Fax and Fax still to go to Donny. Fev will have a couple of tough games against Haven and Keighley away if you presume they should win their home games.

I think the big thing for the battle for 2nd is that Fev have to go to Leigh followed by Fax so it could be very hard for them to back up in that game.

#38 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

I think Trout has done well so far and would have gone well with, say Finn as a organiser.

One factor to consider regarding the wage bill is Matt Nicholson;he was looking good before his injury. The question is will he be back for the start of next season, or doesn't AH want him anyway. If he gets released that would pay Trout's wages, although I personally would prefer a fit Nicholson.

#39 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

If he gets released that would pay Trout's wages, although I personally would prefer a fit Nicholson.

Whilst I agree Nicholson appeared to be the best of the new signings, with Crossley, Hirst and possibly Walmsley likely to be gone we will be very thin on the ground in the front row. Obviously this would also free up plenty of cash for the likes of Trout. Or does wanting Trout too make me a selfish?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users