Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Lions sign fans favourite !

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

See the website

#2 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:31 PM

Good signing great to have Martin back on board, hopefully at halfback he is wasted at centre, and a little bit too small IMO.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#3 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:32 PM

Can we also see what Mark Smith is up to as well? We could really do with his experience at this moment in time.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#4 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:16 PM

Can we also see what Mark Smith is up to as well? We could really do with his experience at this moment in time.

I'll second that. Great footballing brain if ever there was one. First rate ball player.

#5 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

Excellent news! Welcome back Martin.

#6 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:09 AM

Always rated Ainscough

#7 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:30 AM

I also rate Ainscough but he must be played at stand off as he is not big enough for centre.............welcome back

#8 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:57 AM

Surely we have signed him to play stand off

#9 mike the lion

mike the lion
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

Nice to get updates on plater movements but not sure if Martin's pace is up to this league.Thanks anyway Ian

#10 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

Unlike Watson's blistering turn of speed?!

#11 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

Very estute comments.You will be saying next Penny was the play maker. I am not impressed with resigning Ainscough. Never makes a break or creates and is poor in defence. If this deciscion followed Duffy watching the last seasons tapes of Ainscough with us I am amazed.More rugby in Watto little finger, donot look for Ainscough for a turn of speed.

#12 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:57 PM

Big fan of Watto Parky. And Im a fan of Ainscough too. And Penny.

#13 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

I cannot agree with Parky's assessment of Ainscough - he was ruined last season as a player because one week he was in the centre the next on the bench to be brought on to play at stand off etc, etc. I definitely rate Ainscough and he would start at stand off if I were picking the team............but of course I am not.

#14 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

Well our Fans favorite is looking sharp in training. I find it amazing by playing in the lower leagues he has not already been snapped up. I understand one of our loanees from Leigh has now gone on loan to Crusaders. Do not hold your breath for an explanation.

#15 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

Parky..... Swinton had not control over the Leigh players, I guess you may mean Halliwell who asked to be released from his contract.

#16 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

Thought Halliwell was injured.

Edmund Burke

#17 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

Its Andy Thornley. Does this imply we are banned from signing anyone from Leigh. Some vendetta I wonder why.. More intrigue.

#18 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

Are we likely to have any Warrington duel registered players this week.None appeared last week but that may be because Warrington also played on Sunday. Hopefuly not more intrigue.

#19 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

Are we likely to have any Warrington duel registered players this week.None appeared last week but that may be because Warrington also played on Sunday. Hopefuly not more intrigue.

None apart from Danny Bridge?

#20 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

We need centres and wingers badly, you can't get away with playing forwards in these positions in this league,it creates lack of pace both in attack and defence. What is puzzling me and also concerning me,is why are we getting no duel reg from Salford. If Koukash as any interest in the Lions, then surely it is in his interest to help stop us going down to another division. Also as Watson is now in charge of there youngsters he is in a position to point there up and coming players in our direction to give them game time and bring them on.What worries me is Dr Koukash really interested in the future of the Lions or is it all talk?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users