Get behind this team

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 wewonit 52

wewonit 52
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

We now have a team  that potentially can go up this league and survive ,alot of people doubted this not so many matches ago ! Phil vievers and not forgetting jonty gorley, craig barker and  matthew johnson have worked tirelessly to get this team performing exciting skillful and at times a joy to watch rugby.The attitude of the players is great to see ,you can see the disappointment if something dosent quite come off and the joy if it does! They are a close unit now playing for each other ,they can only improve under the guidence of a top coaching team.Lastly we must thank the BOD who tirllessly strive to bring us a winning side  you can see how passionate they are for this our club so when things dont go right we should not knock them as they have the hardest job of all keeping the club going!!!!!!!!SO LETS ALL GET BEHIND THIS TEAM AND OUR CLUB and believe in them.                                                        WE WILL STOP UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

Hear hear!

Credit where credit's due the number of people slagging the club, board and players off will hopefully eat their words as the players who were previously ###### in some peoples opinion are now doing the business. Why some don't have more faith is beyond me.

#3 LondonTown

LondonTown
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

Well said.

It has been depressing listening to some of the ###### posted by so called supporters on here sometimes.

Up the Town

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

I think everyone on this forum and at the games are right behind the lads. After games like the north wales match I think everyone was entitled to voice there frustration as we were very poor and we were panicking for our future. But when credits due credit is given. People have to remember that this is a forum and for opinions and to discuss the topics of the club. We have turned a corner and how vievers has turned us round in a few weeks is remarkable. As I've said we'd be comfortable if he'd been here from the start. The belief he's given the likes of forber is fantastic and we look a different team from 8 weeks ago. As for the bod we all know they do a very hard job and they made the perfect appointment in Phil but whatever anyone says we have been left short of players on far too many occasions which could have cost us massively.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#5 wewonit 52

wewonit 52
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

MY THAUGHTS WERE THAT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH WE NEED TO ATTRACT SUPPORT BY BEING AS POSITIVE AS WE CAN .I MET  AN OLD FRIEND THE OTHER DAY AND HE SAID HE HAD BEEN TO SUNDAYS MATCH  THE FIRST TIME IN THREE YEARS  HE COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW COMPETATIVE OUR TEAM WAS THAT GOT ME THINKING IF OUR SUPPORTERS NOW KEEP TALKING TO THE STAY AWAYS THEN A FEW MORE THROUGH THE TURNSTILES COULD MAKE SUCH A DIFFERENCE TO THIS SEASON AND HOPEFULLY BEYOND. LETS BACK THE CLUB AND THE TEAM.BY THE WAY IM NOT ON THE BOD JUST FEEL PASSIONATE ABOUT A CLUB IVE SUPPORTED THROUGH THICK AND THIN .

#6 wewonit 52

wewonit 52
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU WONKY WE KNOW WHATS BEEN LACKING BUT I HOPE WE CAN NOW LAST OUT TO THE END OF THE SEASON WITHOUT INJURIES AND WITH THE SQUAD BEEN USED TO ITS BEST ABILITY ,PLAYERS ARE GOING TO HAVE TO COMPETE FOR PLACES AND THAT CAN ONLY BE GOOD FAIR ENOUGH SOME PLAYERS MIGHT NOT GET AS MUCH GAME TIME AS THEY WOULD LIKE BUT THE COMPETITION IS NOW THERE.

#7 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

Trying a promotion for the Rochdale game would be a good idea. A game we should win and look good doing so. Possibly cheaper tickets or free tickets to schools. I'm not sure what exactly just something to get new faces in, that in turn would attract even more to what could be the biggest derby in years.

#8 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

More players don't necessarily convert into wins people need to realise that. It's as if people love to be negative as there's always far more people post on here when the teams playing poorly than there are when the teams winning. Which means some are supporters who have genuine concerns where others just want to criticise.

Edited by GeordieTownie, 09 July 2014 - 07:36 PM.

#9 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

After games like the north wales match I think everyone was entitled to voice there frustration as we were very poor and we were panicking for our future..

Although we were poor against NWC we didn't deserve to lose. Their trys were a travesty, even if only one had been disallowed then we had won the game. Thems the breaks sometimes
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#10 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

Well WEWONIT52 i would think every one that post,s on this forum is also passionate about our club,and have supported it through thick and thin,this is a forum for us to put our views and concern,s about the club , and i just don,t see when you say enough is enough, i think most of us would love to fill our cars with people that use,t to be good support the club but once they stop it is so difficult to get them back and i have tried believe me UP THE TOWN.

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:29 PM

It's a forum . No one has 20/20 foresight . We comment honestly and realistically on what we see at the time we do so . Criticism where due and positivity where due . Anything other would be very bland . Each can comment as they see fit, we're all passionate fans . Luckily now we have an upturn . Hopefully for us all it continues . But you say it as you see it

#12 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

We have definitely turned the corner with PV and all at the club deserve all our backing and we are now in a position to go on and stay in this league but there's still plenty of RL to play this season. Hopefully we will carry on in this form and I 'd just like to see them not put pressure on themselves when they are in control of games. In other words remain in control for the 80 mins as there will be some tight games ahead this season

Edited by town4me, 09 July 2014 - 08:37 PM.

#13 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

It's a forum . No one has 20/20 foresight . We comment honestly and realistically on what we see at the time we do so . Criticism where due and positivity where due . Anything other would be very bland . Each can comment as they see fit, we're all passionate fans . Luckily now we have an upturn . Hopefully for us all it continues . But you say it as you see it

There are people who comment both positively and negatively but it's the ones who are persistently negative and disappear when things go well that ###### me off.

#14 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

There are people who comment both positively and negatively but it's the ones who are persistently negative and disappear when things go well that ###### me off.

i think most of them probably aren't even town fans.

#15 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

Can't be or they wouldn't behave like that. I think we might struggle on Sunday but if we can win our next 4 I think we'll be ok

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

They've put a tidy team together , especially down the spine. Always a tough nut crack are Keighley . Please though, let's not let Feather dive over from dummy half !!!!!

#17 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

They've put a tidy team together , especially down the spine. Always a tough nut crack are Keighley . Please though, let's not let Feather dive over from dummy half !!!!!

lets be honest we should have won comfortably at home against them and were a far better team now. If we get manfredi and a centre to replace hulme I think well win, they seem to collapse if they go behind. If we can win by more than 12 then that would be fantastic.

#18 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

Yeah , that's another game we'll have cold sweats about if things pull up short . We are playing well enough to reverse that . We've seen there's nothing to fear . All on the day .

#19 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

I think we'll struggle on Manfredi with Wigan being in France and wouldn't be surprised if Stack moves back to centre and Rooney comes in.

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

I think we'll struggle on Manfredi with Wigan being in France and wouldn't be surprised if Stack moves back to centre and Rooney comes in.

surely there's no place at Wigan this week with the form charnley and burgess are in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users