Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Concessions/student price anybody?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 381 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

Hi Cru fans,

I'm a Dewsbury fan who's making the trip up to your place to watch next weeks game, could anyone help me out and tell me how much it is to get in for a concession/student please

Thanks

Kelsey The Ram.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#2 Gregory

Gregory
  • Coach
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

Hi Kelsey,

Concessions are £5. Hope you have a good day (but that Cru win, obviously!) You do know that the game's being played at The Rock in Cefn Mawr and not at The Racecourse, don't you?

#3 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,076 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

Could you provide details oh how to get to The Rock, please Gregory? There is nothing on the club website at all.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#4 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 617 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

Could you provide details oh how to get to The Rock, please Gregory? There is nothing on the club website at all.

Assuming your heading south towards Wrexham on the A483, don't turn off for Wrexham but keep going towards Oswestry until the lanes split - keep left and follow the signs for Llangollen. You then turn right at the roundabout at the bottom of the slip road, go back under the A483 and straight over the next roundabout (still for Llangollen). At the 3rd roundabout take the first left, B5606 towards Newbridge; you pass a big caravan sales place on your left. You then enter Rhosymedre, Take the B5096 on the right to Cefn Mawr, just after the Jolly Masons pub turn right into Rock Road. the Cefn Druids stadium is on the left after approx. 600m.

Edited by gogledd, 11 July 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,076 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:56 PM

Assuming your heading south towards Wrexham on the A483, don't turn off for Wrexham but keep going towards Oswestry until the lanes split - keep left and follow the signs for Llangollen. You then turn right at the roundabout at the bottom of the slip road, go back under the A483 and straight over the next roundabout (still for Llangollen). At the 3rd roundabout take the first left, B5606 towards Newbridge; you pass a big caravan sales place on your left. You then enter Rhosymedre, Take the B5096 on the right to Cefn Mawr, just after the Jolly Masons pub turn right into Rock Road. the Cefn Druids stadium is on the left after approx. 600m.

Thanks. It doesn't seem to be on Google maps - I guess that it has been built fairly recently.

Looking forward to our visit and 3 (1 or 0) points.

;)

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#6 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 617 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:07 PM

Thanks. It doesn't seem to be on Google maps - I guess that it has been built fairly recently.

Looking forward to our visit and 3 (1 or 0) points.

;)

Also you can use the postcode LL14 3YF or use Cefn Druids Sports and Social Club in Google maps and that will get you to Rock Road. The stadium is further up the road on the opposite side.

Looking forward to taking 3 (1 or 0) points from you!

If you like a decent pint before the game try the Bridge End Inn in Ruabon  - there's a forest of hand pumps and the bar staff know their beers! The beer in the ground is regular keg or cans and is well kept and decently priced.

#7 christheram

christheram
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

Hi, Anybody know any decent priced taxi company's in Wrexham to take us from the rock to chester train station Sunday after the match?

#8 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 617 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

There is a train from Ruabon at 17:59 which will get you to Chester (replacement bus service this Sunday) at 18:45. Cost = £6.30

A taxi will be a small fortune I'd imagine but you can try Station Taxis 01978 363661

#9 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 617 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:34 PM

PS Ruabon station is about 25 minute walk from the Rock

#10 christheram

christheram
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

Thanks for the reply mate, managed to get a lift back off one of our supporters after the match but thanks again :) best fans in league by far :)!!! So gutted it looks like we will be in separate divisions next season

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,076 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

This was such a pleasant ground to visit, the friendliest and most helpful people too. Everyone associated with your club is a credit to the game and we would all like to see you survive or, failing that, back in our division asap.

Many thanks for the welcome in the hillsides.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users