Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Cricket - England v India

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,795 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

England don't really seem to like finishing off their opponents.

Can you imagine any other test nation where the local club's groundsman would be allowed to prepare a dead pitch to keep the money-men happy in a 5 day test?

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 Bucksyed

Bucksyed
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

Surely Nottinghamshire will get fined for the pitch. On the other hand both sides have to play on it

and India have already claimed the wicket of Cook

I have Kleptomania and when it gets bad I take something for it :tongue: .

#3 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,352 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

Last wicket, and Root has a century while Anderson has scored his first ever 50.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#4 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,795 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

If I were running the ECB I'd be telling Trent Bridge that that's it for a few years, no more test matches unless they can step up their game in pitch management.  If the number 10 and 11 of India and number 11 of England can completely blow away their personal bests then it's a dead pitch.  Even Alastair Cook managed to get 5 runs!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#5 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,352 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

Bumble's Bob Willis impression:biggrin:

• ckn likes this

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,795 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:48 PM

England don't really seem to like finishing off their opponents.

Groundhog day!

#7 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,795 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

England aren't much good at this cricket lark these days are they?

#8 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,083 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

....and the wickets continue to tumble. Should be all over before my 3pm meeting.

28m391z.jpg

#9 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,083 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

All done with 10 minutes to spare before my next meeting. 

Time for a tea break to recover from the 'excitement'...

28m391z.jpg

#10 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,003 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

Bye bye Bell

Bye bye Prior

Au Revoir Cook

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#11 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,305 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

Bye bye Bell
Bye bye Prior
Au Revoir Cook

Stokes first I would have thought!
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#12 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,083 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

His pair was a grand contribution to the defeat.

28m391z.jpg

#13 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,352 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

Seeing as there's an outbreak of norovirus at the Commonwealth Games athletes' village, we could send the England Cricket team there - they seem to be immune to the runs.

#14 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,003 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

I think Anderson will be banned and Stokes bowled well enough to keep his place. It's presumably between him and Woakes.

And Woakes' dad never played rugby league.

;)

#15 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,003 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

Matt Prior has stepped down

Goodbye Matt, and thanks for everything.

Come back for Sussex as a pure opening batsman and your England career could be resurrected.

#16 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,414 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

Jesus wept Cooky, do yourself a favour man and step down. This has been awful for about a year now (including last summer's ashes).

A Fev Blog

#17 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

I am very surprised that Cook is still the captain of the side; that said, who actually has the quality to step up and takeover?

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#18 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 849 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

There is nobody at the minute that is why cook is still there.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#19 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,795 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

There is nobody at the minute that is why cook is still there.

There's nobody really filling one of the opener slots and the captaincy slot on the teamsheet as it stands.  They could have any living ex-captain come out of retirement, waddle between the wickets and still do both roles better than Cook at present.  Seriously, even if they gave the captaincy to Joe Root and he ballsed it up completely, how could he be doing a poorer job than Cook is now?

#20 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

Seriously, even if they gave the captaincy to Joe Root and he ballsed it up completely, how could he be doing a poorer job than Cook is now?

Whilst I get your point, Root has barely cemented his place in the side... hence why Ramite's comment is probably quite true.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users