TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Will the Broncos be swallowed up by the Championship?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

#21 gutterfax

gutterfax
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:13 PM

If London make the Middle 8 next year I'll be surprised, but not as surprised as if they manage to start the 2016 season at all. No parachute payment then......Kleanthouse isn't interested in any "deals' and with no home and no fans, the club will fold. 

Hughes's legacy......? I for one wish he'd walked away last year and forced the RFL's hand. Instead, with their funding of a bribe to the Hive to take us, they managed to save face and got this years fixtures completed.....they didn't need to do anything other than slip Kleanthouse a few bob and the problem went away.

#22 eddo1

eddo1
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:43 AM

Its now becoming possible for a London derby is there enough for some  Origin kind of grudge match ?  :shout:

#23 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,701 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:46 AM

It's a big ask to take on fully professional clubs in the 8/8/8, I doubt very much that Championship clubs will compete nor do I believe that every game will matter with the top four probably settled earlier than everyone here thinks.........

Everyone? Do those on here who see the middle eight being a loaded competition and a damp squib not come into your considerations?

Does this all boil (as it stands with HKR, Wakefield, Salford, Hull, Bradford, London, Leigh and Featherstone being the current middle eight) down to whether London can get fourth in this league?

First they have to get fourth out of Bradford, Leigh, Featherstone, Halifax, Dewsbury, Doncaster, etc. as it stands. Will be interesting to watch how it goes.

#24 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:29 AM

London came from the bottom up

With a little help from their friends.

#25 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 518 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

Its now becoming possible for a London derby is there enough for some  Origin kind of grudge match ?  :shout:

If and when Broncos and Skolars play each other (assuming they havn't merged by then) then it will be exactly like state of origin. :)

#26 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

Now, if you told me that the likes of Krasniqi, Dollapi, Bishay, McMeeken, Lovell and Griffin were sticking around then perhaps, with the right additions, this would be a team capable of competing at the top end of the Championship - with teams consisting of seasoned veterans and full grown men. The sad truth, however, is that those Londoners will now go on to SL teams where their development will be handled in a much better fashion, and in all likelihood have good careers.

The Broncos may not have had any choice in this matter.  The players you mention may not want to stay.  If they want to leave then London have no option but to look to their young players and supplement them with Aussies and/or any northerners who may fancy time spent in London.

#27 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

Who and how exactly?

Facts rather than inuendo if you don't mind.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#28 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,629 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

please explain

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#29 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,236 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

Who and how exactly?

Getting promoted from 4th a season the champions weren't promoted seems fairly factual. It made sense given the way the game was going at the time but really made no sense Broncos getting a license this time round.

Edited by bowes, 15 July 2014 - 10:05 AM.

#30 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

Getting promoted from 4th a season the champions weren't promoted seems fairly factual.

Due entirely to an enormous and fundamental change to the entire sport on a global scale.
"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#31 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

Getting promoted from 4th a season the champions weren't promoted seems fairly factual. 

Ah, that's explains the bitterness then.

#32 Southern Reiver

Southern Reiver
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

.Kleanthouse isn't interested in any "deals' . 

And the actual evidence of this is?

#33 Southern Reiver

Southern Reiver
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

But then again those finishing fifth in the Super League can get to walk away with the main prize.

#34 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,701 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

Getting promoted from 4th a season the champions weren't promoted seems fairly factual. It made sense given the way the game was going at the time 

Well it did make sense as the game was looking to set up Superleague in South Wales, Toulouse, Paris, & London but the "Champions" were running up a fat unsustainable debt despite being in M62 land and another four first division clubs were leapfrogged who had more of a claim of "foul". 

#35 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

Well it did make sense as the game was looking to set up Superleague in South Wales, Toulouse, Paris, & London but the "Champions" were running up a fat unsustainable debt despite being in M62 land and another four first division clubs were leapfrogged who had more of a claim of "foul". 

However you want to dice it or justify it, it certainly wasn't "bottom-up".

In a way, Paris and London were victims of the RFL's policies along with Keighley.

Edited by Northern Sol, 15 July 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#36 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

If London make the Middle 8 next year I'll be surprised, but not as surprised as if they manage to start the 2016 season at all. No parachute payment then......Kleanthouse isn't interested in any "deals' and with no home and no fans, the club will fold. 

Hughes's legacy......? I for one wish he'd walked away last year and forced the RFL's hand. Instead, with their funding of a bribe to the Hive to take us, they managed to save face and got this years fixtures completed.....they didn't need to do anything other than slip Kleanthouse a few bob and the problem went away.

Forced their hand to do what?

They've made it clear that they aren't going to do London any special favours beyond what they have already done (said "bribe").

Broncos' problem is that Hughes is running them into the ground but without Hughes they would be worse off than Skolars (who at least have a home that is reasonably secure).

#37 Cake Tiger

Cake Tiger
  • Coach
  • 736 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

I can never seem to find which year it was in the 90s when the Broncos finished above all the other clubs in their division.

#38 jus de couchon

jus de couchon
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

The Broncos needed to survive to give credibility to the ESL . I stoped going to their games a while ago . If the Catalans fail its finished as a economic proposition for any potential sponsor out of the M25 area. No wonder the Kangaroos don't see the point in playing a GB side. The reality of Londons demotion indicates a far wider malady in the game than one clubs problems.

#39 gutterfax

gutterfax
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:38 PM

And the actual evidence of this is?

My source has not fed me bad information about the club and I see no reason why they would start now. Kleanthouse has made it clear that the arrangement for 2014 is not acceptable in 2015 and fundamental changes need to be made. If you doubt this, then fine, but I have been pretty much spot on in regards to most of the activity (sic) surrounding the club for the last 4 years+. If you'd care to go back and examine my posts from when the "2 year" deal was announced, I think you'll find I said then that it was 1 year with an "option".....but the sad state of the club made too many of the fans too uber-grateful to notice or care at the time.

The RFL bunged the Hive a "marketing budget" as an incentive to take us in......they have no need to sweeten the pot this time around, so it's cash up front from either Hughes or the central funding parachute payment that AK wants....not 500 or so fans paying 15 quid to watch 2nd rate RL.

Brave new dawn? No wonder the useless ##### MacKay sloped off with his tail between his legs once it became obvious the fans weren't buying his particular brand of ######.

Just because you don't want it to be true and because you can't "see proof" doesn't make it any less true......or have you not noticed the stone cold silence from the club on the matter?

#40 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,629 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

Who and how exactly?

looks like you're whistling in the wind BSJ

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users