TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Feedback from North Wales Crusaders visit to Sheffield Eagles

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

This post is definitely not aimed at Sheffield Eagles supporters but I would appreciate it if any supporters can pass on my comments to those who organise the stadium and the pre-match hospitality.

1. When we arrived we were told that tickets were £16 - but if we had ordered on-line on the previous Monday we could have had tickets for £12. A heads up e-mail/ facebook message/ forum message would have been appreciated by our supporters, and I am sure that other travelling supporters would appreciate any early notification of ticket deals.  £14 pound gets you a decent seat with a fabulous view in the Glyndwr Racecourse - £16 is asking a lot for terraced standing.

2. We arrived about an hour before the game, expecting to be able to have a pint and sit in a bar in the stadium - but the big glass=fronted bar was only for those with hospitality tickets and the Hare and Hounds bar was restricted to Season Ticket Holders only. We asked and were refused service in both bars. The only bar available to us was the small bar in the ground. Some of our supporters and elderly and would have appreciated a seat and their drinks in comfort. We felt totally unwelcomed and as a consequence left immediately following the game and took our custom to the nearest pub.

3. The matchday prices are rather pricy. Our nearest pub - The Turf, reduces it best selling bitter and lager to £2 on matchdays and his normal prices are £2.70 per pint. Cefn Druids have kept their matchday prices to under £3 for a pint.

4. The stewarding was rather aggressive. One supporter who was in the ground at 13:00 with only a handful of people in the stadium was asked to move from a yellow hatched area as he was 'a fire hazard'

Crusaders fans can put up with poor facilities if they feel welcomed into the stadium and are treated like valued customers. Unfortunately this wasn't the case at Owlerton.

I would like to add a massive thank you to the Eagles Supporters who did offer a warm welcome and provided some great banter - some even offered their season tickets for us to get a pint in the Hare and Hounds. Its always nice to hear the home supporters getting behind their team - and that has been lacking in several stadiums we have visited.

Best of luck for the remainder of the season,

#2 RedAndGoldArmy

RedAndGoldArmy
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

There's been quite a few complaints with the stewarding already at Owlerton, I've screenshotted this post and put it on the supporters page and will put it to the club on Twitter and Facebook too.

Your fans never dissapoint and were brilliant for 80 mins, we knew we had to shout and sing for long periods because we expected that from you lot too. Good luck for the rest of the season, and hope you can stay up (not at the expense of us though!)
We're The Red and Gold Army!! <p>Championship Champions of 2012 and 2013.

#3 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 819 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

Agree with what you say, as a non-season ticket holder myself I have to borrow a ticket to go and get the drinks in, to be honest most people just walk in there to get drinks regardless now. I'm hoping we won't be there much longer.

Would also like to complement your fans who were the best I have witnessed all season. Friendly, good humoured and always behind your team, made a refreshing change from the miseries who support the 'heartland' clubs!

why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#4 EGlet

EGlet
  • Facebook
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Felt the need to come on and reply to that. This was my reply on FB.
Fair do's that, something for the club to think about. I think it's ridiculous that they make you show your ST get in the bar where there are about 10 ppl! Ok if the elite want the panorama suite, that's fair but the other bar should be for everyone. Thought they wanted to make money(Owlerton), not turn it away. I thought they were great the Cru fans, a pleasure to be around and full credit, they never stopped shouting for their team

#5 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

Thanks for all your kind comments about  the North Wales Crusaders support. Hopefully some of the Eagles supporters will take the comments back to the Owlerton management.

Post match 40+ Crusaders supporters left immediately and bought drinks from the nearest pub. Normally that would be spent in the bar at the stadium we visited, and we have a fairly thirsty load of fans. I'm guessing they'll have spent £300 in the pub if not more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users