Warren Jowitt playing come back

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

According to league express Warren could make a playing come back against us 27th July,he said he's got unfinished business at Dewsbury whatever that Is??

#2 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

I have a great respect for warren as a determined and committed , not to mention skillful bloke both on and off the field but i sincerley hope for his sake that he is not playing again . The laws of nature determine that you cannot turn back the clock of time as my legs will testify .

#3 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

That's brilliant, looking forward to that game!!
Posted Image

#4 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

It seems his unfinished business with Dewsbury is "personal"
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#5 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

Must be something in the water at Barrow, players long since retired making comebacks - like a scene from Cocoon.

Id hazard a guess that your forwards will have a field day targeting the old timer all afternoon and it could be slightly embarrassing for wozza the original ostrich.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#6 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

Absolutely pathetic. Goulding is making a mockery of Barrow. What's to gain from Jowitt playing against Dewsbury? Nothing whatsoever, apart from the promise of exacting some sort of baseless, personal 'revenge'. I'd be alarmed if a coach was using my club in this manner.

Posted Image

#7 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,522 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

Mick Murphy anyone?

:superman:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#8 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

Wozza certainly looked the part smashing minors into the turf playing for moor with matthew walker a few years back

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#9 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

He will be lucky to last ten minutes. If Barrow are struggling for players I'm sure there are some good amateurs who would fancy a go at semi pro in Cumbria. They are all but relegated it's hardly forward looking.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#10 GoldDog

GoldDog
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

What wonderful news. Can Batley season ticket holders still get in for a fiver ?

Bobby Goulding said 'Imagine how thier forwards will feel coming up against him' ? Reading between the lines can only be a threat of foul play as otherwise Jowett will last 10 minutes, do 3 drives and gain a total of 11 meters.  

Morons!

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

I had to check it wasn't April 1 . Personal eh ? What did you guys do to offend him so much ??!!!

#12 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

To be fair to warren from what iv heard he's in decent shape and been playing union. Don't get why he feels he as something to prove though, did a good job as a player for the rams and did well as head coach apart from his final season when clearly a change was needed. I'm not going to slate warren because he did a lot good for the club but if he as some sort of revenge he wants against us as a club I'm shocked! I doubt makali aizue will be worried mind

#13 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

Adds abit of spice to match but barrow are becoming abit laughable. Goulding, wazza.. Who next Gary schofield?

#14 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:31 PM

Absolutely laughable. What exactly does he expect to achieve by doing this?

#15 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:20 AM

What wonderful news. Can Batley season ticket holders still get in for a fiver ?

Bobby Goulding said 'Imagine how thier forwards will feel coming up against him' ? Reading between the lines can only be a threat of foul play as otherwise Jowett will last 10 minutes, do 3 drives and gain a total of 11 meters.  

Morons!

Bobby Goulding are making barrow a laughing stock!!! Can't imagine our forwards having any worries coming up against Warren. I'll not knock Warren for what he did for the club as a player and coach but the time came for a change,so I can't think why he's got some unfinished business!!

#16 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:06 AM

To be fair to warren from what iv heard he's in decent shape and been playing union. Don't get why he feels he as something to prove though, did a good job as a player for the rams and did well as head coach apart from his final season when clearly a change was needed. I'm not going to slate warren because he did a lot good for the club but if he as some sort of revenge he wants against us as a club I'm shocked! I doubt makali aizue will be worried mind

He's being playing vets rugby union, but that's a million miles from semi pro ruby league. The club could use it for publicity, might get a few more on the gate. But the only risk is he takes out one of our players.

#17 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

He's been playing for Sandal 3rds.

#18 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:17 AM

Is there such things as

Publicity stunts in sport still???

;)

#19 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:23 AM

He's being playing vets rugby union, but that's a million miles from semi pro ruby league. The club could use it for publicity, might get a few more on the gate. But the only risk is he takes out one of our players.

Loved Warren as a player, but if he still feels fit enough to play, why did he retire in the first place. There were times during his tenure, that we cried out for a big aggresive forward in the pack, but I don't think he ever dusted off his boots for the good of the team. Once asked a mate, an ex Trojans prop known for his "no nonsense" approach to the game if he fancied coming out of retirement, and he said "nah - wouldn't last twenty". As an afterthought he added  "mind, I could do a lot of damage in twenty". Maybe that's Warrens mindset.

#20 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,522 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

Loved Warren as a player, but if he still feels fit enough to play, why did he retire in the first place. There were times during his tenure, that we cried out for a big aggresive forward in the pack, but I don't think he ever dusted off his boots for the good of the team. Once asked a mate, an ex Trojans prop known for his "no nonsense" approach to the game if he fancied coming out of retirement, and he said "nah - wouldn't last twenty". As an afterthought he added  "mind, I could do a lot of damage in twenty". Maybe that's Warrens mindset.

It's a bit like you buying a motor bike GOR - living in the past.

(Scott Squirrels eh?)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users