Rugby League World Cup 2017 Tours – Register Your Interest Now!
Join TotalRL.com, League Express & Rugby League World at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup in Australia, New Zealand & Papua New Guinea! Click here for more info

Rugby League World
FREE 2016 Fixture Guide
League Express

Rugby League Yearbook 2015-2016

Photo
- - - - -

Warren Jowitt playing come back

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

According to league express Warren could make a playing come back against us 27th July,he said he's got unfinished business at Dewsbury whatever that Is??

#2 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

I have a great respect for warren as a determined and committed , not to mention skillful bloke both on and off the field but i sincerley hope for his sake that he is not playing again . The laws of nature determine that you cannot turn back the clock of time as my legs will testify .

#3 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

That's brilliant, looking forward to that game!!
Posted Image

#4 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

It seems his unfinished business with Dewsbury is "personal"
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#5 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

Must be something in the water at Barrow, players long since retired making comebacks - like a scene from Cocoon.

Id hazard a guess that your forwards will have a field day targeting the old timer all afternoon and it could be slightly embarrassing for wozza the original ostrich.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#6 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

Absolutely pathetic. Goulding is making a mockery of Barrow. What's to gain from Jowitt playing against Dewsbury? Nothing whatsoever, apart from the promise of exacting some sort of baseless, personal 'revenge'. I'd be alarmed if a coach was using my club in this manner.

Posted Image

#7 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 11,356 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

Mick Murphy anyone?

:superman:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#8 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 4,561 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

Wozza certainly looked the part smashing minors into the turf playing for moor with matthew walker a few years back

"Ole ole ole ole Batley, Batley"

#9 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

He will be lucky to last ten minutes. If Barrow are struggling for players I'm sure there are some good amateurs who would fancy a go at semi pro in Cumbria. They are all but relegated it's hardly forward looking.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#10 GoldDog

GoldDog
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

What wonderful news. Can Batley season ticket holders still get in for a fiver ?

Bobby Goulding said 'Imagine how thier forwards will feel coming up against him' ? Reading between the lines can only be a threat of foul play as otherwise Jowett will last 10 minutes, do 3 drives and gain a total of 11 meters.  

Morons!

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 9,902 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

I had to check it wasn't April 1 . Personal eh ? What did you guys do to offend him so much ??!!!

#12 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 880 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

To be fair to warren from what iv heard he's in decent shape and been playing union. Don't get why he feels he as something to prove though, did a good job as a player for the rams and did well as head coach apart from his final season when clearly a change was needed. I'm not going to slate warren because he did a lot good for the club but if he as some sort of revenge he wants against us as a club I'm shocked! I doubt makali aizue will be worried mind

#13 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 880 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

Adds abit of spice to match but barrow are becoming abit laughable. Goulding, wazza.. Who next Gary schofield?

#14 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:31 PM

Absolutely laughable. What exactly does he expect to achieve by doing this?

#15 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:20 AM

What wonderful news. Can Batley season ticket holders still get in for a fiver ?

Bobby Goulding said 'Imagine how thier forwards will feel coming up against him' ? Reading between the lines can only be a threat of foul play as otherwise Jowett will last 10 minutes, do 3 drives and gain a total of 11 meters.  

Morons!

Bobby Goulding are making barrow a laughing stock!!! Can't imagine our forwards having any worries coming up against Warren. I'll not knock Warren for what he did for the club as a player and coach but the time came for a change,so I can't think why he's got some unfinished business!!

#16 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:06 AM

To be fair to warren from what iv heard he's in decent shape and been playing union. Don't get why he feels he as something to prove though, did a good job as a player for the rams and did well as head coach apart from his final season when clearly a change was needed. I'm not going to slate warren because he did a lot good for the club but if he as some sort of revenge he wants against us as a club I'm shocked! I doubt makali aizue will be worried mind

He's being playing vets rugby union, but that's a million miles from semi pro ruby league. The club could use it for publicity, might get a few more on the gate. But the only risk is he takes out one of our players.

#17 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

He's been playing for Sandal 3rds.

#18 coolie

coolie
  • Banned
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:17 AM

Is there such things as

Publicity stunts in sport still???

;)

#19 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:23 AM

He's being playing vets rugby union, but that's a million miles from semi pro ruby league. The club could use it for publicity, might get a few more on the gate. But the only risk is he takes out one of our players.

Loved Warren as a player, but if he still feels fit enough to play, why did he retire in the first place. There were times during his tenure, that we cried out for a big aggresive forward in the pack, but I don't think he ever dusted off his boots for the good of the team. Once asked a mate, an ex Trojans prop known for his "no nonsense" approach to the game if he fancied coming out of retirement, and he said "nah - wouldn't last twenty". As an afterthought he added  "mind, I could do a lot of damage in twenty". Maybe that's Warrens mindset.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

#20 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 11,356 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

Loved Warren as a player, but if he still feels fit enough to play, why did he retire in the first place. There were times during his tenure, that we cried out for a big aggresive forward in the pack, but I don't think he ever dusted off his boots for the good of the team. Once asked a mate, an ex Trojans prop known for his "no nonsense" approach to the game if he fancied coming out of retirement, and he said "nah - wouldn't last twenty". As an afterthought he added  "mind, I could do a lot of damage in twenty". Maybe that's Warrens mindset.

It's a bit like you buying a motor bike GOR - living in the past.

(Scott Squirrels eh?)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users