TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Warren Jowitt playing come back

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

He's being playing vets rugby union, but that's a million miles from semi pro ruby league. The club could use it for publicity, might get a few more on the gate. But the only risk is he takes out one of our players.

Publicity stunt?? Might get a few more on the gate?? This is Warren Jowitt that we're talking about. Hardly Ellery Hanley, is he?

I can just envisage the excited conversations in the pubs of Barrow prior to the game; "Hey, Charlie! Some bloke who played for a few Super League clubs and was always injured is coming out of retirement to play for us today! Go get a taxi hailed right this minute! Wouldn't want to miss this one!".

Posted Image

#22 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

It's a bit like you buying a motor bike GOR - living in the past.

(Scott Squirrels eh?)

Would already have one if it wasn't for the bag for life, BSJ. Always fancied a Norton Comando myselt, but the nearest I ever got was an "I'll do it up one day Velocette". Marriage put paid to all that nonsense. :(

#23 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

as a Raiders fan I dispair ... its been a season to forget and it just gets worse !!

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#24 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

In Barrows predicament should Goulding be looking towards youth and building for their season in the bottom tier in the hope they can bounce back; Stupidity in the highest degree;

#25 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:30 PM

Scotty watches batley on a regular basis but he must spectate in awe as the game has changed dramatically.

Ps someone please tell fisher not to push in the scrum

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#26 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

Publicity stunt?? Might get a few more on the gate?? This is Warren Jowitt that we're talking about. Hardly Ellery Hanley, is he?
I can just envisage the excited conversations in the pubs of Barrow prior to the game; "Hey, Charlie! Some bloke who played for a few Super League clubs and was always injured is coming out of retirement to play for us today! Go get a taxi hailed right this minute! Wouldn't want to miss this one!".

I meant a few more Dewsbury fans, not thousands, not hundreds, just a few.

And Sandal 3rds is pretty much vets only.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 15 July 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#27 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,268 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

You lot should sign Joe Berry for the day to smash his ugly face in, again..........

#28 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

as a Raiders fan I dispair ... its been a season to forget and it just gets worse !!

In Barrows predicament should Goulding be looking towards youth and building for their season in the bottom tier in the hope they can bounce back; Stupidity in the highest degree;

I really feel for you guy's after spending the last 4/5 yrs building the club back up to were in my opinion you should be you've got Bobby Goulding to me making a fool of your club,let's be honest he's 40+ so why his he playing then you've got him saying that jowett could play against us because he's got unfinished business!!! I agree with you Phil maybe he should be looking to next season & giving other players a chance to try & earn a contract

#29 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

I think it's got to be personal although that point has being established, Barrow fans won't be getting giddy over it.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#30 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

The lad put us in the record books and for that he will always be remembered.I just hope hes turning out for the good of the game and because his team needs him.We dont need any mishaps happening on the field due to bad blood.

#31 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

cunning stunt no doubt

#32 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 501 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

Wheres the bad blood come from though? That's what us dewsbury fans are suprised about.

#33 Heckler

Heckler
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:28 PM

How can he have unfinished business considering he drove many players out the club?

#34 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,756 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

The lad put us in the record books and for that he will always be remembered.I just hope hes turning out for the good of the game and because his team needs him.We dont need any mishaps happening on the field due to bad blood.

Mark Sawyer's chequebook put us in the record books. Jowitt just bullied them along.

Personally I think he did more harm than good over the time he was in charge, alienating decent players whilst keeping cronies in the side. For example I would much rather have had Bretherton at the club all of those years rather than across the valley after he was told he was no good and not wanted. There were many more.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#35 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

Mark Sawyer's chequebook put us in the record books. Jowitt just bullied them along.

Personally I think he did more harm than good over the time he was in charge, alienating decent players whilst keeping cronies in the side. For example I would much rather have had Bretherton at the club all of those years rather than across the valley after he was told he was no good and not wanted. There were many more.

couldn't agree more BSJ but a lot of fans can't see that,he upset a lot of players with his bullying I know some players left us for more money but some left for less!! I was at York when he was effing & blinding on touchline at England they nearly came to blows,he did a good job for 2 seasons after that it went down hill,so why he's saying what he his I can't understand!!!

#36 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,756 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

couldn't agree more BSJ but a lot of fans can't see that,he upset a lot of players with his bullying I know some players left us for more money but some left for less!! I was at York when he was effing & blinding on touchline at England they nearly came to blows,he did a good job for 2 seasons after that it went down hill,so why he's saying what he his I can't understand!!!

Is he saying it or is it BG spouting off?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#37 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

Is he saying it or is it BG spouting off?

To be honest I think it's a bit of both,plus I think Goulding on a ego trip but it's not good if your a barrow fan!!

#38 GoldDog

GoldDog
  • Coach
  • 387 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

Goulding's behaviour on this is astonishing.

He comes back after not playing for years and get sent off and a 5 game ban in his first game. He then brings back his mate to go on some vengence mission in a game they're going to lose wheather he plays or not.

Digressing, the funniest / most astoniishing thing I've heard for years was then Dewsbury Coach Jowett and his assistant (Matt Walker I think) sat behind me in the Kirkwood Hospice Stand trying to manage the game from a far using unrelible commuication devices. It was like listening to Groucho and Harpo Marx after a lobotomy.

I fear there may be some Terry Newton-esque violence and I only hope there's a strong ref and / or these two are put on thier backsides before they can do anything. Either way, it'll be goo value to watch.

#39 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:26 PM

It's a real struggle to see why he thought Bretherton was 'no good'. Not the flashiest player, but a hugely consistent and dependable professional who rarely has a below average game - never mind a poor one. He's a thoroughly pleasant chap too, and very unassuming by nature.

Goulding's part in this is the most hilarious. I quote; "Imagine how the Dewsbury forwards will feel if they have to face him!". Indeed, Bobby. I bet they'll be truly terrified.

Edited by TheTerminator, 16 July 2014 - 11:36 PM.

Posted Image

#40 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:08 AM

Like it or not he was the man in charge. Im not saying he was the best coach but credit where its due.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users