TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Warren Jowitt playing come back

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:26 AM

It's a real struggle to see why he thought Bretherton was 'no good'. Not the flashiest player, but a hugely consistent and dependable professional who rarely has a below average game - never mind a poor one. He's a thoroughly pleasant chap too, and very unassuming by nature.

Goulding's part in this is the most hilarious. I quote; "Imagine how the Dewsbury forwards will feel if they have to face him!". Indeed, Bobby. I bet they'll be truly terrified.

Agreed. Of all the players who have left the Rams and are still playing, Brev is the one I would have back in a flash - I include finny in that group.

#42 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

I think his unfinished business is apologising to me for giving the timekeepers job to his mate. ; )
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#43 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

Perhaps hes hoping someone will realign his shnozza after job berry did him on the wozza

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#44 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

Agreed. Of all the players who have left the Rams and are still playing, Brev is the one I would have back in a flash - I include finny in that group.

Would definitely have Bretherton back, but not sure i would replace Thacks with Finn.  I know Finn has gone on to do very well, but I reckon that Thacks would be even better playing behind the Cas pack.  He has a bit more pace and is much more dangerous nearer the line than Finny.

Of others I would have Anthony England back and to be honest think Aden Faal would make a great pair with Grady (should he ever get back to Centre).

Eddie Rombo should have never been allowed to go...

#45 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

I know Bretherton, I used to go to school with him, and he isn't sure how long he can go on playing. Has said to me that his body is beat up after all the years of playing.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#46 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:15 AM

Would definitely have Bretherton back, but not sure i would replace Thacks with Finn.  I know Finn has gone on to do very well, but I reckon that Thacks would be even better playing behind the Cas pack.  He has a bit more pace and is much more dangerous nearer the line than Finny.

Of others I would have Anthony England back and to be honest think Aden Faal would make a great pair with Grady (should he ever get back to Centre).

Eddie Rombo should have never been allowed to go...

Sorry Nick - that's what I meant. Much as I rate finny, he is a bit of a one trick pony, and not in the same class as Thacks on attack. No, I'm happy to stick with him, and Cas can keep their hands off. ;)

I'll be surprised if Thacks hasn't already  been approached by some of the less well heeled SL clubs.

#47 Heckler

Heckler
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

Sorry Nick - that's what I meant. Much as I rate finny, he is a bit of a one trick pony, and not in the same class as Thacks on attack. No, I'm happy to stick with him, and Cas can keep their hands off. ;)

I'll be surprised if Thacks hasn't already  been approached by some of the less well heeled SL clubs.

I understand his hometown club of Hull (FC) were interested before they signed Sneyd from Cas.

#48 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:46 PM

Nick u can have faal back in a swap for anyone at your place. Hes garbage and not improved since his ban

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#49 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:48 PM

Nick u can have faal back in a swap for anyone at your place. Hes garbage and not improved since his ban

Your ok you can keep him,waste of SPACE!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users