TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Who will be the unlucky 10th?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

On the main page of TotalRL.com there is a poll for people to indicate who they think will be the unlucky 10th placed team and get the final relegation place.    They have reckoned that it is down to 6 teams and at the moment the poll is showing Dewsbury - 0%, Batley - 6%, Sheffield - 17%, Town - 22%, Haven and Keighley - 28%.

Looking through all the remaining fixtures for these 6 teams I think Keighley are now favourites for the drop as I can only see them picking up about 10 points from their next 7 games, which would give them 42 points and last years 10th placed team had 34 points.

As I see it (and it is only my opinion) I think it will end with Dewsbury 5th, Sheffield 6th (they have an extra game), Batley 7th, Town 8th, Haven 9th and Keighley 10th.    The Town - Haven game could switch our positions around as I have given Town the win and Haven a bonus point but the other way round could change the positions.

Remaining Fixtures for the 6 teams:

7 September

Doncaster v Batley

Keighley v Fev

Rochdale v Sheffield

Swinton v Haven

Town v Dewsbury

Everyone is a cup tie now!!!!

Edited by Keith T, 31 August 2014 - 04:54 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

Batley or Keighley probably batley

#3 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

Can see Batley winning another 2 games home to swinton and maybe the Derby with dewsbury think they'll lose the rest maybe get a couple of bonus points

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,357 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

I think unlucky is the right word. Getting over 40 points , when tenth last year got 34 , and being relegated ( nowhere near the bottom of the league of course ) is very very rough . Four down , with hindsight naturally , would have been a clean cut . But whoever it is , the relegated team is gonna be a good side who it is impossible to say had a bad season !! And the team replacing it has done a fraction of the graft to earn the spot. Very hard lines . But anyone but us will do - no time for sentiment here . We'll say bad luck then move on to looking ahead to a tasty next year .

#5 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

I've got to go with keighley. I only see them winning 3 and that's if they can go away and win at Swinton which won't be easy. I see town winning the 4 remaining home games and we should be beating crusaders. If we win them 5 then if we can get a bonus at either Donny or Leigh and we will be comfortable. Haven at home is probably the one which we could slip up on but even a bonus to them would be enough. But that's what it looks like on paper, on the field is another thing. Let's hope we move up this weekend and don't look back.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,357 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

I agree , the derby game will be tough , and very nervy . He certainly has them going .Hopefully we can win the next two and give ourselves a bit of breathing space . Although, I'd still have us as slight favourites at home. There 'll be a few turn ups yet all over the place ... I'll take 9th now after the first two thirds of this season.

Edited by DavidM, 14 July 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#7 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

I would have taken 9th before the season started.

#8 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

After hearing the cougars fans whinging about our dual reg,one claiming the score was keighley 12,Wigan 12, town 4. Although the clown dosent seem to realise a try is only worth 4 points and it was a town lad who kicked the goals. And the fact Paul march has anything to do with them I hope it's them over haven that drop. We need the derbies next year and however much we dislike them, it's good for the game around here that we're both doing well.

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,357 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:02 PM

See the bit in the RLE about re-signing players over the next couple of weeks . Interesting that , Szostak included . PV being here hopefully is a big draw to

#10 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:20 PM

After hearing the cougars fans whinging about our dual reg,one claiming the score was keighley 12,Wigan 12, town 4. Although the clown dosent seem to realise a try is only worth 4 points and it was a town lad who kicked the goals. And the fact Paul march has anything to do with them I hope it's them over haven that drop. We need the derbies next year and however much we dislike them, it's good for the game around here that we're both doing well.

Ha ha, what a laugh.   Since I posted my initial post on here (and BKM kindly posted a link to the poll on the Haven forum) Town have shot up to 31% whilst the two to benefit seem to be Keighley (now 17%) and Haven down to 22%.  Now isn't that a surprise?   ;)  ;)

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,357 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:29 PM

It's like the Eurovision Song Contest for partiality and spite . Few sore finger ends from battering on keyboards on that poll page down there you think Keith ?!! Tell them sheer will can't get us relegated ...

Edited by DavidM, 14 July 2014 - 07:30 PM.

#12 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:47 PM

Well that's 31% being wrong then.

Edited by wonky, 14 July 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#13 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

Haven have 5 potentially difficult games before 2 easier ones at the end of the season. They could be in a bad position by that time.
I originally voted for Keighley, but in hindsight Haven could as likely to go down. Think its betwen them 2 and Dewsbury and Batley will be above us.
Batley also have a hard fixture list, but their last minute try on Sunday could be very crucial, as they are 2 points ahead of Haven and then 3 points ahead of Keighley and Town, which will probably be enough

#14 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

I'm with Wonky, I hope it's Keighley who go down.

The fans are great but after their Chairman and their ex coach needlessly bad mouthed us on their youtube channel not so long ago, and now they have another very pleasant coach who leaves an equally rancid taste in my mouth I hope it is them. Harsh on their fans I know but it shows my feelings when I warm to Haven compared to them!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#15 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,357 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

There are some very tough fixtures for the likes of Batley , Keighley and Haven . Let's see if any can match our haul from those tough , consecutive games . Those six points we got are gonna prove very important , and the confidence we took out of them looks like being just as important . Our season could have gone two ways at that juncture ... I'm not counting any chickens yet mind . We still have frailties we need to iron out , but we have momentum and we've finally got that winning mentality . I still think there's more to come from us , which can only be good given the fact we are still picking up the wins . It's in our hands , and that's all you can ask .

Edited by DavidM, 14 July 2014 - 09:31 PM.

#16 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:20 AM

I think we need to win 4 to be certain. We need to win on Sunday or it could be a twitchy run in!

#17 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:54 AM

Ha ha, what a laugh.   Since I posted my initial post on here (and BKM kindly posted a link to the poll on the Haven forum) Town have shot up to 31% whilst the two to benefit seem to be Keighley (now 17%) and Haven down to 22%.  Now isn't that a surprise?   ;)  ;)

Looks like he's still stalking you Keith.......creep ;)

#18 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

i think the 5 to go down will barrow rochdale swinton north wales and keighley

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,357 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

Oops , haven fans need to work those fingers again ... They're back in the lead at 30%!!

Edited by DavidM, 15 July 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

i think the 5 to go down will barrow rochdale swinton north wales and keighley

i think your about right there. You just can't see keighley matching town and sheffields points until the end of the year.

Edited by wonky, 15 July 2014 - 10:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users