TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Who will be the unlucky 10th?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

If Haven had missed 1 bonus point and then would be on the same points as Keighley then I'd now pick Haven. Their points difference is the worst of the 6 and could be important. Think Haven and Keighley both have 5 difficult games out of their 7, but Keighley are 100 points better off.

Haven will be grateful for bonus points if that 1 extra point keeps them up!

#22 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

Five down is very unfair. I Think it should have been 4 with no promotion from C1. The only side that definitely deserves to go down is Barrow unfortunately !

Posted Image

#23 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

Four down still gives room for championship one winners to be promoted . Winning a play off in that poor league to replace a team virtually half way up ( in points terms ) the tough championship is very raw . I don't know , I'm confused how it works . 9 and two and two is 13 so that can't be right !

Edited by DavidM, 15 July 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#24 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

Sorry , I was on next years promotion from champ one . Things in RFL land aren't simple .

Edited by DavidM, 15 July 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#25 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

Surely the winners of champ 1 should play off against the 10th placed team in our league.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#26 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

That would make sense but it's the RFL we're talking about here...

#27 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

After coming out of that awful league it's gonna be a hell of a shock for the promoted team next year . Every single week.

#28 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

Predictions time :-   Using crystal balls and some logic I predict the finishing positions and points will be :-

5th - Dewsbury - 50points

6th - Sheffield   - 50 points

7th - Batley       - 48 points

8th - Town        - 48 points

9th - Haven      - 46 points

10th - Keighley - 42 points

Let's see who gets closest at the end!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#29 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

Predictions time :-   Using crystal balls and some logic I predict the finishing positions and points will be :-

5th - Dewsbury - 50points
6th - Sheffield   - 50 points
7th - Batley       - 48 points
8th - Town        - 48 points
9th - Haven      - 46 points
10th - Keighley - 42 points

Let's see who gets closest at the end!!!!

I see my posts have been copied word for word on the Haven forum.
They aren't anti-Haven, just an assessment of my views looking at the games remaining........I don't mind repeating that they have 5 tough games out of 7, and so have Keighley
Sad people really.......

#30 Marrafan

Marrafan
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

I see my posts have been copied word for word on the Haven forum.
They aren't anti-Haven, just an assessment of my views looking at the games remaining........I don't mind repeating that they have 5 tough games out of 7, and so have Keighley
Sad people really.......

All six teams have seven tough games left, they will become even tougher as teams get more desperate to clinch 9th or above. I think it a bit arrogant of people to single other teams out as having "tougher" fixtures than their own team.

#31 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

Some games are tougher on paper than others . That's a fact .

#32 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

All six teams have seven tough games left, they will become even tougher as teams get more desperate to clinch 9th or above. I think it a bit arrogant of people to single other teams out as having "tougher" fixtures than their own team.

its called opinions and everyone has one. Is Leigh away harder than north wales? Of course it is, is fax away more difficult than Rochdale at home? Yep. So there's no arrogance from anyone just opinions and observations.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#33 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:15 PM

Deffo not arrogance marra, just opinions as others have said. You can't predict anything in this league, we could easily lose at home on Sunday and haven win at fax, it wouldn't be a suprise. Anyhow if the Fax players read Woods bit in the N&S last night they will be quaking in their boots........be afraid, be very very afraid. ;)

#34 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

Someone needs to read the definition of arrogance

There have been many unusual and one-off results and reversals of form this season and it will still happen over the next 7 games

Whether 1 team has a harder fixture list than others is opinion and only that. I think Haven and Keighley have 5 hard games out of 7 to come - my opinion. Others may think its only 2 hard games - who knows.

The Championship table is the best guide to overall season form and would suggets that it will be nearer 5 hard games than 2 for those 2 teams

However, Town seem to be generating a bit of a roll with some good form that would reverse some of the league placings if it happened all season - long may it continue

#35 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:21 PM

Of course it's only individuals opinions.    Are fans on the Haven forum being arrogant every week when they predict what score Haven's next match will be?    No they are not, they are merely giving their opinion.

We have had all sorts of rubbish thrown at us about BP's over the season but IF Haven win 3 of their last 7 matches and pick up a bonus point in each of the other 4 they will have a record of 13 unbeaten games (13 wins) plus 7 bonus points.   IF Town win 5 of their remaining matches and pick up just 1 BP then they will have a record of 13 unbeaten matches (12 wins and a draw) and 10 bonus points, showing the value of our good defence over the season.   These are of course only my personal opinions of how I see the games going just as fans on the Haven forum do with theirs.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#36 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 854 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

It is difficult to predict what will happen as "easier" games may become more difficult due to normal upsets, external factors eg sending offs, suspensions, dual reg etc

The only certainty is that there will be many twists and turns over the next few weeks

#37 macca57

macca57
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:10 AM

dewsbury 51, haven 48, sheffield 47, town 46, batley 44, kieghley 42. haven playing well at the moment if they can keep seymour fit this how i think it could finish, he has been brill signing for them without him i think they would av been already down

#38 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:03 PM

RFL has confirmed that because it's SL 2 , next years competition will have the same rule as SL and FIVE OVERSEAS PLAYERS are allowed !!

#39 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

Yes get in, we will finally see those Tongans play for us.......

#40 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

Just as well , because if Scotland go independent we'll already have 4 in Szostak , the Phillips boys and McCarter ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users