Who will be the unlucky 10th?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 827 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

Well MACCA57 i don,t know how you have worked it out.but i hope your right.just lets hope that both teams stop up,

#42 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

I would love to see haven thumped on sunday to bring a few jam pots down to earth . Although I do think it's important we both stay up.

#43 AidanB

AidanB
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

Whitehaven have hardest fixtures not keighley

#44 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

Whitehaven have hardest fixtures not keighley

but Whitehaven are a better side than keighley.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#45 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

Whatever it says on paper , this is the time of season when every game is hard . There'll be a few banana skins yet waiting for some teams . The ones who avoid them and find some consistency and form until the line will survive. We've seen in football , strange things happen late in the season as teams fight for their future or just fight with freedom to play , or for new contracts etc . No easy earned points . We have some momentum and that's important.

Edited by DavidM, 23 July 2014 - 07:36 PM.

#46 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

but Whitehaven are a better side than keighley.

Both Haven and Keighley have 4 'difficult' games out of the remaining 6 IMO
In addition, Haven have a points difference that is over 100 points worse than Keighley at the moment - that could be crucial

#47 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:55 AM

Both Haven and Keighley have 4 'difficult' games out of the remaining 6 IMO
In addition, Haven have a points difference that is over 100 points worse than Keighley at the moment - that could be crucial

I just think haven have the ability to go out and beat the top teams, as they have done already this year. I don't think the fev game is a foregone conclusion on Sunday. Personally think keighley go down, but as long as it's not us I don't care.

#48 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

Bumped up to top for the remaining fixtures of all clubs in contention for 5th relegation place.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#49 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

I think our biggest advantage is the teams around us all play each other in that 4 week spell. Looking at it I think batley are in massive trouble, you would fancy haven to beat them comfortably.

#50 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

Looked at the back page of a League Express for a few weeks ago.

We were 5th bottom 5 points behind Haven in 6th bottom and our points difference was only 14 better than theirs.

Now we're 6 points ahead in the table and 109 points better difference - this shows how the recent run has had a great impact on our position in the table.

#51 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

Points difference is gonna be big in all this . A haven fan said to me that ours could be ' wiped out at Leigh ' but no one has took us to the cleaners yet , and a 90 point swing is very improbable . We have to preserve that edge ,as you do by being competitive . And hopefully we can finally click in the the Barra game and add some points . 44 and points difference could easy do it . Havens points difference should worry them . Points diff is gonna be a point in the table , for good or ill, at the end of the day . Very tight still and three points for a win means it's still all to play for.

Edited by DavidM, 05 August 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#52 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:08 PM

Yep there's 89 points difference for us to them. Remember for that to come into effect we would still probably have to win our 2 home games which is even more points our way. Even if haven will all 4 games I can't see them stuffing anyone as they concede far too many points. Batley and sheff are going to be tight games for them, Swinton at Swinton won't be a run away and Rochdale are sorting themselves out. And looking at them games I just can't see them winning 4 from 4.

#53 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

I can't . Rochdale are no mugs - irony if Swifty plays and sends them down ? Both teams linked with St Helens ...

#54 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

LOL..... Haven have got their favourite referee for the Batley match... Turley!!! Now they'll start claiming the RFL is conspiring against them to get them relegated!!!

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users