Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

North Wales 18 Dewsbury 22 - discussion, report, highlights

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

Anyone planning their trip this Sunday should note that our match is scheduled for their "reserve" ground at The Rock due to ongoing work at The Racecourse Ground. Also kick off time is 2.30 pm and the pubs don't open in North Wales on sundays.

http://www.cefndruid...co.uk/the-rock/

Edited by Tom Coates, 20 July 2014 - 08:55 PM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#2 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 714 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

Anyone planning their trip this Sunday should note that our match is scheduled for their "reserve" ground at The Rock due to ongoing work at The Racecourse Ground. Also kick off time is 2.30 pm and the pubs don't open in North Wales on sundays.

http://www.cefndruid...co.uk/the-rock/

BSJ - how long is it since you've been to North Wales?  The pubs are open on Sundays and have been for years, we've also got electricity and running water in most home although we are trying to get some of the Crusaders fans to use the toilet rather than go in the fields and use toilet paper rather than dock leaves!!

The Rock is a lovely ground and is ideal for Championship rugby.  You find a warm welcome waiting for you there. Theres a hospitality deal on the Crusaders website - good value at the price too.

http://www.northwale...-dewsbury-game/

Looking forward to seeing some good Rams support on Sunday.

#3 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

BSJ - how long is it since you've been to North Wales?  The pubs are open on Sundays and have been for years, we've also got electricity and running water in most home although we are trying to get some of the Crusaders fans to use the toilet rather than go in the fields and use toilet paper rather than dock leaves!!

The Rock is a lovely ground and is ideal for Championship rugby.  You find a warm welcome waiting for you there. Theres a hospitality deal on the Crusaders website - good value at the price too.

Did I leave my smiley off? I can't think how that happened.

:angel:

The package looks attractive. What is the regular entrance charge for concessions (aka old gimmers)?

Edited by Blind side johnny, 15 July 2014 - 02:59 PM.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#4 reg gasnier

reg gasnier
  • Facebook
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

Went to criccieth about 30yrs ago nowt were open on a Sunday then thought johnny was in a time warp

#5 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

The last time jonny visited wales he had woad on his face and he was with his iceni  mates , jack addy was on the same trip .

#6 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:20 AM

Looking forward to it mate.The advance party will be there around 1230 on Saturday.

#7 ramsfandan

ramsfandan
  • Players
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:07 AM

rams 40 crusaders 20 1st try morton att 695

#8 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

Dewsbury 36 North Wales 20 first try scorer Tommy Gallagher
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#9 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 714 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

Did I leave my smiley off? I can't think how that happened.

:angel:

The package looks attractive. What is the regular entrance charge for concessions (aka old gimmers)?

Standing tickets are £10 for adults and £5 for concessions. There's a £4 upgrade available if you want to sit in the stand. NW Crusaders season tickets have seating in the stand which holds approx. 500. When we go back to the Racecoure regular tickets for the Mold Road stand are £14 for adult and £9 for concessions.

I hope that's helpful

PS don't forget your passports - Wales Border Control are really vigilant at the crossing from England on the A483.

#10 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

Standing tickets are £10 for adults and £5 for concessions. There's a £4 upgrade available if you want to sit in the stand. NW Crusaders season tickets have seating in the stand which holds approx. 500. When we go back to the Racecoure regular tickets for the Mold Road stand are £14 for adult and £9 for concessions.

I hope that's helpful

PS don't forget your passports - Wales Border Control are really vigilant at the crossing from England on the A483.

Thanks. It doesn't rain in Wales does it?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#11 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

Is there a bus to this Sunday's match ?

#12 Shipley Ram

Shipley Ram
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

Crusaders 10 Rams 24
Thackeray FTS
RUGBY LEAGUE IS MY RELIGION.
CROWN FLATT IS MY CHURCH.

#13 Heckler

Heckler
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

I also understand there is no longer a visa requirement unless you're a Batley fan.

Oh and the ref too:

Ref: G Hewer Vid Ref: - Touch J: P Grundill In Goal: - Touch J: C Etchells In Goal: - Reserve: J Callaghan Time K: - M Com: P Gilmour

Edited by Heckler, 17 July 2014 - 12:49 PM.

#14 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

NWC 18 - Rams 31

FTS: Grady

Att:784

#15 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 714 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

Thanks. It doesn't rain in Wales does it?

Only on days with a Y in them....

#16 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

Looking forward to it mate.The advance party will be there around 1230 on Saturday.

If your early enough check out the pub "The Bridge End" in Ruabon, the village next door, they have some cracking ales on at all times.

http://www.mcgiverna...o.uk/page5.html

Can't be there myself on Sunday but will be checking the scores with gog' . Hope you all have a great day and we walk off with all the points  ;) .

Regards 7

#17 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

If your early enough check out the pub "The Bridge End" in Ruabon, the village next door, they have some cracking ales on at all times.

Can't be there myself on Sunday but will be checking the scores with gog' . Hope you all have a great day and we walk off with all the points  ;) .

Regards 7

Regards 7

You're Welsh and you're number 7 - therefore you must be Barry Heaton ;) This is the only match I hope you lose for the rest of the season. Best of luck to you and all the rest of the fantastic Crusaders fans.

#18 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 473 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:07 PM

Just booked to go over Saturday on train. Staying at premier inn. Can't wait :)

#19 RALFERS08

RALFERS08
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:01 PM

Crusaders 18 - 32 Rams

First Scorer - Grady

#20 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

This one we have to win. Don't know how many times I've written such, but we now must win all our games, whether it be for the highest play-off position available to us and the money for the club, or simply avoiding relegation!

South Wales Crusaders 18-28 Dewsbury.

FTS: Grady.

Att: 686.

Come on lads we need you to be switched for each game. Get that defence in order and remember, "Legs, Dews, Legs"!
Legs, Dews, Legs.