Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

North Wales 18 Dewsbury 22 - discussion, report, highlights

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,489 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:30 AM

Crus 24 - 26 Rams

FTS Thackeray

Att: 760

A very important game for us with a bare-bones squad available.

Just like the "Rourke's Drift Test" - Dewsbury expects!

Edited by Blind side johnny, 19 July 2014 - 07:31 AM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#22 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

Big game tomorrow badly hit by injuries but I still think we'll be too strong for crusaders,recalled Farrell from Gateshead think Rob Spicer fit so that's a bonus!! RAMS 28 NWC 24. FTS Thackeray. ATT 695. Come on rams get the defence sorted & get the 3pts

#23 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

I hope Grayston gets some game time tomorrow!

#24 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

Winnable game even with our injury problems, North Wales 20 - 34 Rams, first try scorer Wood, UTR.

#25 Heckler

Heckler
  • Coach
  • 420 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

NWC 14 Dewsbury 28

First try: Morton

#26 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 674 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

This one we have to win. Don't know how many times I've written such, but we now must win all our games, whether it be for the highest play-off position available to us and the money for the club, or simply avoiding relegation!

South Wales Crusaders 18-28 Dewsbury.

FTS: Grady.

Att: 686.

Come on lads we need you to be switched for each game. Get that defence in order and remember, "Legs, Dews, Legs"!

Err... if you go to South Wales then your a long way out!

#27 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

Anyone know what radio station the game is on?

#28 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

A good win today and also a couple of results elsewhere going for us too. Probably need three more wins to be safe, but its difficult to predict how things will go in this league. The scoreline would suggest a close game today, but a win is a win.

#29 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

Think two more wins will be enough. We would have to have a worse final six games than the other five teams below us. Rochdale and Barrow at home should be enough.

Didn't go today but a great win.

#30 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 678 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

Anyone know what radio station the game is on?

why are you sat on your fat ###### eddie ?

#31 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

Err... if you go to South Wales then your a long way out!

Oo 'eck. I think I got this one wrong again Dad!
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#32 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

I did get to the right part of the Principality in the end. I also saw a hard fought game and, from us, no flowing football at all; passes all over the place, up in the air and down at a player's feet. When we did pass perfectly our fullback couldn't catch the ball (he'd seen the try line) and he sat out the second half!

We still keep trying to tackle players too high, which expends unnecessary energy and is a waste of effort. I keep on about grabbing the legs, but I am beginning to think it is a wasted effort on my part because obviously no players reads our posts - or takes any notice.

At least we won.

Great rapport with their fans once again and when they chant at that pleasant little ground the rock across the field echoes!

Edited by Crown Flatter, 20 July 2014 - 06:38 PM.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#33 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

why are you sat on your fat ###### eddie ?

It sounds like most of your players were sat on their fat ##### today. Wow you got stuffed!  :biggrin:

#34 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 424 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM

Great welcome by the cru fans :) real sad that they won't be in this league next season. Lost 2 of my best away days in cru and barrow now :( we played a lot better in 2nd half today, completion rate terrible in first against a realy enthusiastic crusaders team but glens touch line and half time bollocking obviously had an effect. Basically told the lads how it was in regards to their futures. Not perfect by a long way in the 2nd either but a hell of a lot better completion rate

Edited by christheram, 20 July 2014 - 07:16 PM.

#35 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:38 PM

North Wales Crusaders 18 Dewsbury Rams 22 - Extended highlights

#36 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

Great try from Karl Pryce, really seems to be wanting to run with the ball.

Ground looks great by the way.

#37 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 674 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

Good to see the Rams fans at the Rock today. Obvoiusly I'm not so happy about the result but I thought you deserved the win as we gave away too many penalties and too many unforced errors. Unfortunately I could have cut and pasted that remark from the last 3 games. We just don't seem to be learning from our mistakes.

Ever the optimist I'm not conviced we are down yet and can still fight for 9th place - its a tough ask but not impossible.

Thanks to the Rams fans for travelling to see us today. We hope you enjoyed your visit and had a safe journey home.

#38 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

"Give it to number three! He's not interested!"

#39 RALFERS08

RALFERS08
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

Good to see the Rams fans at the Rock today. Obvoiusly I'm not so happy about the result but I thought you deserved the win as we gave away too many penalties and too many unforced errors. Unfortunately I could have cut and pasted that remark from the last 3 games. We just don't seem to be learning from our mistakes.

Ever the optimist I'm not conviced we are down yet and can still fight for 9th place - its a tough ask but not impossible.

Thanks to the Rams fans for travelling to see us today. We hope you enjoyed your visit and had a safe journey home.

Thanks for such a warm welcome today the Crusaders will be sadly missed if we aren't in the same league next year, you have been my favourite set of opposition fans both home and away. The Rock is very unique and made for a brilliant away day. All the best for the rest of the season you guys are a credit to your club and the league.

#40 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 674 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

"Give it to number three! He's not interested!"

The lad who shouted that is eleven - he'll learn!! Thought your 15 had a good game too but 7 Thackery ripped us open once again.  Well played Rams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users