TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Oldham at home - Sunday 3pm

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:12 AM

Agree with all of that, MOM for me from Reynolds, Pickets, Salts, Ed or Pat Smith - would have gone for Pat, but 1 to 17 outstanding, Brad Day dropped a few balls, but kept coming back for more & ran some great angles, good to see a decent crowd & the lads at last getting the support they deserve

If I was an Oldham fan I wouldn't be panicing, as Andy said just a day when everything goes wrong & most things went right for us, think we will be playing them again & they will be a hell of a lot better then

Edited by shades2, 21 July 2014 - 07:13 AM.

#22 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

Bigger attendance yesterday than NW v Dewsbury, Barrow v Sheffield, Doncaster v Swinton AND Workington v Rochdale..

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#23 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:55 PM

Two weeks running that the Championship has had four games with an attendance under 1000.

Other two C1 games barely managed 300 in total !!

Worth reading the letter in RL Express this week from the 'Caravan' man.

Edited by andyacko, 21 July 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#24 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

Thought the ref was ok but see we lost the penalty count 7 4.i assume all our penalties were for head shots but not once did he pull the offender to one side to warn him
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#25 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

James Ford, Pat Smith, Ben Reynolds, Jack Aldous, Colton Roche all in the team of the week.

YCK

#26 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

And Ben Reynolds is the Championship 1 player of the week

YCK

#27 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

And Ben Reynolds is the Championship 1 player of the week

Great stuff (and we got Team Performance of the week also) - was talking Sunday night - none of the lads can afford to become too complacent when you consider (hopefully) that Minikin, Morland, Bell & Brennan will be back in the mix soon

Edited by shades2, 22 July 2014 - 10:44 AM.

#28 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

James Ford, Pat Smith, Ben Reynolds, Jack Aldous, Colton Roche all in the team of the week.

Cant fault that but watched the game again last night and realised that I had seen one of the best performances by a Knights winger for a long, long time. James Saltonstall was absolutely everywhere including dummy half on numerous occasions - his appetite for the ball was exemplary..

#29 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:25 PM

Cant fault that but watched the game again last night and realised that I had seen one of the best performances by a Knights winger for a long, long time. James Saltonstall was absolutely everywhere including dummy half on numerous occasions - his appetite for the ball was exemplary..

Plus ran it in off most kick offs! Get him and Reynolds signed up immediately!

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#30 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

Good game for York but the attendance announced was miles off the people in the ground, 600 tops for mine

Also noticed you didn't play 'we are the champions' like claimed after every win?

#31 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:41 PM

Good game for York but the attendance announced was miles off the people in the ground, 600 tops for mine

I thought this with the attendance and I can only think that everyone in the tag rugby tournament was given a ticket before hand - but a lot went home before the match started. Plus I think the dance troupe were given tickets as well. Still was a good attendance though even minus them.

YCK

#32 GaryHall

GaryHall
  • Coach
  • 544 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

Also noticed you didn't play 'we are the champions' like claimed after every win?

No I didn't play "We are the Champions" I played Hawaii-50 because we put over 50 past Oldham.

600 tops for your what ?

Why would any club inflate the crowd and pay 20% VAT on the inflated number

#33 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 805 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

No I didn't play "We are the Champions" I played Hawaii-50 because we put over 50 past Oldham.

600 tops for your what ?

Why would any club inflate the crowd and pay 20% VAT on the inflated number

vat is paid on what you tell the tax man not on what is announced as the crowd.

#34 GaryHall

GaryHall
  • Coach
  • 544 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:41 PM

vat is paid on what you tell the tax man not on what is announced as the crowd.

You seem to be an authority on the subject of VAT.

#35 knightrider

knightrider
  • Coach
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

No,he just talks utter rubbish most of the time.Best ignoring him.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users