• 6,288 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

Don't know him

#3 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

Heard a few saying this is a sure 3 pts. I disagree as there's no easy games in this league and I am sure the lads won't take it lightly.

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

Definitely not an easy 3 points, they just came up and battered barrow, so will be full of confidence and there's no pressure on them as there more or less down already. Should we win? At home yes. Will we win? Only if we go in with the right attitude and play to our best.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

Can't believe any regular town fan would say any game is a sure 3 points . We've slipped up in many a game like this. Attitude , sharpness and minimising the frayed edges should see us home, but this is the first time in a good while we are expected to win , and that brings a different sort of pressure to deliver . Hopefully we get the job done professionally , as this finally could be moving day

Edited by DavidM, 15 July 2014 - 05:38 PM.

#6 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

I thought Rochdale looked ok when we won there, not expecting an easy game, can't afford any slip ups though.

Town by 8 points

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:36 PM

I think they had 4 Saints lads on Sunday , and Millard in the halves , but they're not Fev or Batley, so no excuses for not getting the job done handily here if we maintain the levels of the last month . Every game in this league can bite if you don't turn up , so I'm sure PV will be drilling that in. Earlier on we weren't handling these games well , and tended to play to the level of our opposition . That's the main concern , but we are a much more advanced unit now.

Edited by DavidM, 15 July 2014 - 06:39 PM.

#8 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:50 PM

It's one of the only games recently where it dosent make any odds if they get a bonus point. Which probably means we won't let them get one. Town by 18

#9 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

Shannon McDonnell played last week for them. Hopefully he'll be in the saints squad this week

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

I had no idea he'd even gone there to be honest. Seemed a strange move from Saints to take him on from Hull , where he wasn't doing much , and with so much young talent .

Edited by DavidM, 15 July 2014 - 07:23 PM.

#11 Kick

Kick
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

The Crusaders home defeat was hard to take but we are a different team now, but take nowt for granted in this league, hoping Tierney is available his pace makes the difference

#12 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

Don't know him

You must know him......had/has a few betting shops on the go!

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

Chas... No doubt I bought the personalised merc he'll come up in

#14 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

Rochdale is never a team to take lightly.    They beat us back in 93 - 94 and it's the only Town match that I have left with about 20 minutes to go.   The score was Town 12 - Rochdale 37.    We then hammered them in the Divisional play-offs 50 - 6.    But just a few years ago we went to play them in the cup and we were about 24 - 4 up at halftime and got beat 26 - 24.    Rochdale easy???    Never ever.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#15 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

Heard a few saying this is a sure 3 pts. I disagree as there's no easy games in this league and I am sure the lads won't take it lightly.

I doubt anyone on here are saying it's an easy 3 points, we are Town fans, we don't do optomism ;) It will be tough on Sunday they have won their last 2 games one of which was Fev. I will be delighted with a one point win and look forward to another gut wrenching afternoon at DP. Wouldn't it be lovely to be 30 odd points up with only 20 minutes left and we could all relax until the final hooter.................Just like Swinton away :tongue:

#16 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:23 PM

I doubt anyone on here are saying it's an easy 3 points, we are Town fans, we don't do optomism ;) It will be tough on Sunday they have won their last 2 games one of which was Fev. I will be delighted with a one point win and look forward to another gut wrenching afternoon at DP. Wouldn't it be lovely to be 30 odd points up with only 20 minutes left and we could all relax until the final hooter.................Just like Swinton away :tongue:

have to agree with you there unicorn on the gut wrenching at DP it does nothing for the nerves! Although It is good to watch the tight games that this league creates. The lads are in fine form but when they are in charge of the scoreboard and the clock I would like to see them complete the set and give a good kick chase and stay in control. Loser to get a BP on sunday so another tight affair IMO.

Edited by town4me, 16 July 2014 - 04:24 PM.

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

Indeed . And I think our super - duper electric scoreboard has a fault ... The seconds tick over really , really slowly. Especially late in the second half . I know , I spend enough time staring at them ...

Edited by DavidM, 16 July 2014 - 04:32 PM.

#18 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

Indeed . And I think our super - duper electric scoreboard has a fault ... The seconds tick over really , really slowly. Especially late in the second half . I know , I spend enough time staring at them ...

ah so it's not just my eyes glued to the clock as well.

Edited by town4me, 16 July 2014 - 05:25 PM.

#19 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

Shacks is back. Great news.

#20 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

But Tierney has been recalled, heard it last night.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users