NCL Open to options on playing season

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 788 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

We've had the same problems at our club and have used 48 "players" so far including both the head coach and the assistant coach with a combined age of 100!
Numerous of our under 18s team have also played for us too.
But as you say we carry on and with five games left there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't really give a damn what the survey says I'm at the coal face week in week out trying to get a "team" out onto the field and having to rely on me and my assistant coach to make up the numbers up just cannot be progress!!! We have a combined age of 100!!!
At our best with everyone available we can and do hold our own and even beat any team in our division but at our worst when we are struggling with player availability we can and have been beat with 50 plus!

So the option of playing Sept-May with a break from the second week in December through to the first week in February is something you feel could work better for your club given the issues you face?

What Division are you currently playing in?

Edited by LordCharles, 22 July 2014 - 04:59 PM.

#62 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

I honestly fear for our game unless something changes soon.

Not sure if your solution would suit everyone but I'm pretty sure it would be better than our current difficulties.

We play in NCL division 3 and to be honest the fixture schedule has been a little erratic to say the least.
We now have to pay once a fortnight until the end of the season and have gone for 4 weeks without a game at one point.

#63 Defender1

Defender1
  • Coach
  • 291 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

I hope the new proposal is seen by all clubs soon as listening to the feedback and difficulties the clubs are having on the forum and listening to PH in RLE there needs to be a credible alternative there does appear momentum for something different.
Whatever happens the game needs to have a good long look at itself and see if we can put right what has been going on, we all need to work together to save our game

Edited by Defender1, 22 July 2014 - 10:24 PM.

#64 D34n0

D34n0
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

We have played 70+ players this year and 60+ last year, which has been the main downfall in our playing standard lack of availability and commitment has thrown us back to what I imagine a Sunday social league would be like.

Now that all junior and youth rugby is now played in the summer, maybe the issue of player availability and priority clashes might change when those age groups reach open age in the summer (said optimistically). Otherwise I don't know what to suggest.

#65 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 788 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

Now that all junior and youth rugby is now played in the summer, maybe the issue of player availability and priority clashes might change when those age groups reach open age in the summer (said optimistically). Otherwise I don't know what to suggest.

Unlikely given we are now seeing an even bigger drop off at youth (16-18) during the March-November season than we had in the Sept-May season and the proposals from the RFL for Scholarships to move to a full fixture calendar of a minimum of 14 fixtures during the community game season at u15's/16's.

Edited by LordCharles, 22 July 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#66 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

The ncl have the control on tier 3 winter national competition

I take it that if clubs wanted a national comp in the winter the ncl would run it and they were willing to if the numbers were right for one

It was mentioned about the pennine league having control and I think it was pointed our they have tier 4

What's in a tier!!!

If the standard and competition on the park is in evidence, players will not be bothered which tier they play in.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users