Rowley slams DR

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

Interesting , as we discuss DR so much , that Leigh's Paul Rowley is the latest championship 'super club' coach who has no need for it , to openly criticise the DR system. After a Jacob Miller and Ben Crooks inspired Donny took their unbeaten record , the Leigh boss fumed ' how are we supposed to review ? How can we review an NRL halfback and SL dream team player ? If that is the way we are going we may as well not have a level three coaching course , as a big part of that is review . It's tantamount to manipulation of results in some cases , and it's wrong . It doesn't sit comfortably with me . You could if you wanted take it to the extreme.... Have a SL coach who dislikes a championship coach , manipulate their partner club in that week to get a result . Five quality players coming in is a farce . '
Close your eyes and it could be Darryl Powell circa 2012 . And I'm sure Leigh had a link with Wigan when they weren't so high n mighty ? These guys should realise , what goes around comes around ... Fev have.
Look after your own Paul ... Oh and your loanies

#2 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,665 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

It's a joke isn't it. The dummy is out after 1 defeat? Well I hope one of our dual reg scores the winner against them at lsv just to upset him some more.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#3 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

Rowley is correct to some degree

We are having a moan about our DR relationship this year, which is no where near what is was last year

Rowley is right that Crooks and Miller turning out for Donny isn't what DR should be about

Neither is Gelling at Town from Wigan and Goulding or Charnely, however much we'd like them

Neither is O'Donnell at Rochdale

Regular/proven SL players aren't DR for me

It can skew the League results un-neccessarily

However Rowley knows the system by now. He's had Hopkins from Wigan. He had a huge squad at the start of the season and have signed more since. Just take the defeat on the chin

#4 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 850 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

Fowler is correct but this is the wrong time to be so vocal I.e. After a defeat

DR was wrong at the outset and rules have been relaxed since making it a complete mockery

#5 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

Because they have massive backers they think they're above everyone. Fev were the same but now the ###### has hit the fan they have dual reg players coming in. Hypocrisy at the highest level they need to understand that it's what's making the competition interesting rather than throwing the toys out of the pram. They need to realise they nearly went bust 2 years ago.

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

Twice

#7 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

But for a 'lucky' draw against Wigan in the challenge cup.

#8 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

It must be nice to be located where Leigh are and have a good financial backer. He needs to be a bit more gracious in defeat. How does the famous saying go " you can't win em all"!

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

With their squad , and reinforcements , a couple of DR players , probably even five , shouldn't be enough to topple them anyway ? Maybe he's peeved they're not as advanced as he thought . They've squeezed home more than once lately .

#10 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

They weren't exactly awesome at DP

#11 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

He went down in my estimation when he heard that Hopkins had played 1 game for Town at Barrow and he invoked an agreement that if he was going out "on loan" to anyone it had to be Leigh.    With all the players he had at his disposal he still needed Hopkins back at Leigh!!!!!   I wonder what sort of a coach he would be if he had only 19 players to work with?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#12 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

A dad and pathetic one has he's now proven in both instances

#13 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

Spoke to him after the Leigh match and he is so far up his own backside it is unbelievable!!!

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#14 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:52 PM

We should go down there and take them home record too and get Jamie Acton on the bus home!! Up the town and the dr player of the week

#15 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,665 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

We should go down there and take them home record too and get Jamie Acton on the bus home!! Up the town and the dr player of the week

best get the Hannibal mask out.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#16 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:49 AM

Rowley is correct to some degree

We are having a moan about our DR relationship this year, which is no where near what is was last year

Rowley is right that Crooks and Miller turning out for Donny isn't what DR should be about

Neither is Gelling at Town from Wigan and Goulding or Charnely, however much we'd like them

Neither is O'Donnell at Rochdale

Regular/proven SL players aren't DR for me

It can skew the League results un-neccessarily

However Rowley knows the system by now. He's had Hopkins from Wigan. He had a huge squad at the start of the season and have signed more since. Just take the defeat on the chin

Crooks is a 19 year old lad out of favour at Hull who had an outstanding half a season. If Rowley cant beat Doncaster with a full time squad against a team who had two players who are in the cold at Hull that shows how far away from a superleague team that Leigh are!!

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:57 AM

That's right . Miller was terrible for hull , and you're right , Crooks has been upped to superstar status on half a good season . Less said about the challenge cup final ... Rowley is definitely peeved

#18 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

Hypocritical and bitter. I guess his clubs dual registration arrangement with Wigan last season - when Leigh were in a financial mess, was a total figment of everyone's imaginations. Perhaps Leigh's dual registration arrangement with Warrington in 2010 - when they used a range of Warrington first team squad members across the season, never happened?

Edited by TheTerminator, 17 July 2014 - 10:12 AM.

Posted Image

#19 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

Nice piece of hypocrisy there, thrown down from his newly constructed Ivory tower no doubt. Lets just hope they dont get into debt again and need Wigan to save them from implosion with financial help and a DR arrangement.

#20 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

Talking of one eyed coaches ... Brian McDermott defends Kevin Sinfield after his disgraceful head butt . These things happen , it was momentary , he feels bad enough ... And Dorn isn't going to be walking round swathes in bandages all week .
Is this the same coach who banged on about thuggery after the Leigh game ??
Wonder how St Kev will be dealt with by the disciplinary ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users