TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Something really positive for a change

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

http://t.co/dFLmYoyuSF

Good old fashioned mini and mod rugby and guess what the kids love it .

#2 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

Great advert for the sport and Leigh Miners Rangers.

Nice to see the likes Keiron Purtill one of the top up and coming british coaches getting involved, everything from supporter and kit washer through to Sunday morning statistician for the U8's playing at Mini/Mod level......Tackle count, run count, pass count......you name it!

As Phil Clarke highlights..........its what real Community RL is all about.

#3 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:24 PM

In Cumbria Broughton held a competitive tournament for mini mods and got a huge turnout and last night I watched Seaton v Wath Brow play 6s 7s 8s and 9s well over 30 children both clubs and a fantastic ammount of parents watching
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#4 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

Was it not a festival Gilly ?

#5 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:00 AM

Was it not a festival Gilly ?

The one at Broughton was but organised themselves with a trophy for the winning teams and last night was just normal games competitive but all in great spirit

#6 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:00 AM

Gilly mini and mod is non competitive and non representative and we are told by Daisy the Cumbrians are playing to the ethos , funny how these forums prove otherwise .

#7 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

Gilly mini and mod is non competitive and non representative and we are told by Daisy the Cumbrians are playing to the ethos , funny how these forums prove otherwise .

The problem is that a one size fits all approach doesnt work. The festivals are great for teams with small numbers when you have high numbers of kids they just arent feasible. Ive realised competitive or non competitive doesnt matter, the attitude of coaches and parents is all that does and if they have the right spirit kids enjoy it regardless

#8 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

The problem is that a one size fits all approach doesnt work. The festivals are great for teams with small numbers when you have high numbers of kids they just arent feasible. Ive realised competitive or non competitive doesnt matter, the attitude of coaches and parents is all that does and if they have the right spirit kids enjoy it regardless

Think you have that one wrong Gillmeister, just ask the RFL..........

#9 Defender1

Defender1
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

Can anyone clarify the situation,
in my area I have heard one club has been sanctioned for playing 6-7-8 together as they have done for 20+ years with the threat of fixtures being withdrawn, they are only running one team. Other teams are being forced to play the new pilot non tackle and non play the ball with 6-7 year olds I have asked if there has been an increase in participation but the league cannot or will not comment, I know one club who has lost 2 x 6 year old players to another club as they only run an 8s as they have followed the league guideline, at the detriment of their own club, less clubs are now putting out teams

#10 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

The pilot is not mandatory , our pilot in September will be contact as is the current one being held by Yorkshire Juniors .
It has always been the rule of thumb that when a child reaches registration age 6 he/she becomes an under 7 and across all age bands in youth and junior a player can play one age band up ,and that as been the case all the time I have been involved in junior rugby some 30 years now ( bloody hell )

The crazy thing is at under 18s ,16 year old play against in some cases 19 year olds more of an issue don't you think ?

Common sense must prevail at the bottom end and I can honestly say that we have never had an issue with our clubs operating to that rule of thumb probably goes to show why we have so many kids playing at U7s in the North West .

#11 Defender1

Defender1
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

Not many replies on this when I actually asked a relevant question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users