Photo
- - - - -

17/07/14 - Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (TV)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
309 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds Rhinos (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. Draw (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. Castleford Tigers (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,746 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

Discuss Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

2 full squads on show tonight - could be a classic but I fear Leeds will have too much for us.

26-14

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#3 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:57 AM

If you going in believing your going to lose then you probably will !!

And trust me, I know a lot about losing!!! lol

Edited by davidhubball, 17 July 2014 - 10:08 AM.

#4 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

If you going in believing your going to lose then you probably will !!

And trust me, I know a lot about losing!!! lol

Nothing I can do will influence the result today but thanks for your concern

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#5 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

What about if you went to cheer them on or make a massive banner or paint you face- do you that could have some influence? Maybe all the fans should save their money and not go if you don't think the fans can't make a difference.

Edited by davidhubball, 17 July 2014 - 10:49 AM.

#6 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

Home advantage to see Leeds home by 6.

#7 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

What about if you went to cheer them on or make a massive banner or paint you face- do you that could have some influence? Maybe all the fans should save their money and not go if you don't think the fans can't make a difference.

What a silly point. KT was just giving his opinion on how he thought the game would go, which is the point of this discussion thread. Expressing balanced opinions on your own team rather than just blind optimism should be applauded.

Edited by The Big Gun, 17 July 2014 - 11:47 AM.

#8 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,571 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

C*s on telly again? Still, as much as it hurts me to say, they're playing some good rugby

#9 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

To the Big Gun - I would say that KT is adding negative vibes against his how team - how can that be a balanced opinion?

I just hope that none of the Cas players read his comments!!!

If I was a Rhino player, I'd be thinking that all I need to do tonight is just turn up!!! lol

#10 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

2 full squads on show tonight - could be a classic but I fear Leeds will have too much for us.

26-14

It could be and should be a classic. Cas have brought so much to the season already, and show no signs of letting up. Both teams have semis on the horizon but still a little while off. Another Thursday night thriller, please, to remind us why we love this game. I like both these clubs, and a draw would be good for Wigan, so that gets my vote.

#11 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

The return of Zak Hardaker. Dun, dun, dun....

Still at least on this televised clash the RFL have prepared for any more FBC slip ups from Jamie Peacock with Ben Thaler and Phil Bentham as ref and video ref. :biggrin:

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#12 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:07 PM

To the Big Gun - I would say that KT is adding negative vibes against his how team - how can that be a balanced opinion?

I just hope that none of the Cas players read his comments!!!

If I was a Rhino player, I'd be thinking that all I need to do tonight is just turn up!!! lol

If I close my eyes really, really, really tight and make a big wish will that keep Bradford up?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#13 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

To Hindle

This discussion topic is about the Castleford and Leeds game tonight and having balanced opinions .... la la laaaaaaaa lol.

I wish Bradford would stay up - I think it would be good if they could do it against the odds and for the Bradford community. I wish they could get enough points so that by adding 6 more would mean that they would've stay in the Super League, then that would be a one hell of a court battle!!

Cheers

Dave

#14 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

Leeds by 20....................and yes I am being serious.

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

To Hindle

This discussion topic is about the Castleford and Leeds game tonight and having balanced opinions .... la la laaaaaaaa lol.

I wish Bradford would stay up - I think it would be good if they could do it against the odds and for the Bradford community. I wish they could get enough points so that by adding 6 more would mean that they would've stay in the Super League, then that would be a one hell of a court battle!!

Cheers

Dave

I'm just yanking your chain! You're right, that can sprial dangerously off-topic so I'll get back to talking about boo Leeds and classy Cas, everyone's favourite underdog.

I tipped Leeds in the Superbru - only by 8, I think - Headingley advantage plays wonders most of the time but I think Cas will run them close.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

The thing with the Rhinos is that they stay calm due to their experience and save their energy where as a lot of teams out there panic and try to force things too much wasting energy. Most of the time Rhino are leading by half time.

Ifs its a close game, Rhinos get white hot in the 2nd Half and all the energy reserves kick in!!!

From what I've seen of Cas', they just need to calm it down a bit when theres nowhere to go and turned it up with the glowing opportunities. Also Cas' will need more energy in Defence especially towards the end if they are going to take it.

I hope theres not too much expectancy on it being a Classic otherwise that won't happen.

#17 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

On the other side of things - if Cas' can put everything in and turn it into a fast game (and get points for their hard-work) - it might exhaust the Rhnos in the end as their players are older hence why they try to slow things down until it suits them.

#18 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 644 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

Got a sneaky feeling for Cas in this one. Both sides like to use the full width of the pitch and both have great outside backs. A broken game will also see Clarke and Burrow come into their own.

I'm edging on a Cas win because DP came across as unhappy after the win against Huddersfield. While at Fev such comments usually resulted in a far more focused performance the following week.

Cas by 4.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#19 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

I reckon a draw - if Cas' play it right but Sinfield's conversions deciding it either way. Just lately his kicks from out wide are off the mark in my opinion - not good enough for a kicker of his standard and has cost Leeds the match - The last few games Leeds have lost have just been by 2 points which tells you something.

#20 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

The thing with the Rhinos is that they stay calm due to their experience and save their energy where as a lot of teams out there panic and try to

I hope theres not too much expectancy on it being a Classic otherwise that won't happen.

you said I should expect Cas to win then it will happen so why not think it'll be a classic then THAT will happen.

ALso - you seem to know a lot about the game so why all those silly threads about teaching kids?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users