Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

17/07/14 - Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (TV)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
309 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds Rhinos (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. Draw (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. Castleford Tigers (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote

#301 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

Is that a clear brush under the carpet if ever there was one Terry? lol

If I find examples of 10 needless career affectling tackles/incidents made in the SL this year, will you eat your words and admit that more needs to be done to reduce it?

I know of two incidents already which grabbed the head-lines for the wrong reasons:-
1) KS head-butt
2) Hock tackling referree could have had serious consequences also.

Nothing brushed under the carpet but hardly a long line of career ending violence,which is something you claim the game is full of.Rugby League is a contact sport,incidents happen but not as many as you seem to believe.Once again,try listening to people who have far more experience within the sport.
Would you say Zidanes head butt was more violent than Sinfields? Or the Suarez biting incidents.It would appear soccer is far more violent than Rugby League,wouldn't you agree?
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#302 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

Theres 6 potentially career ending incidents listed here in round 21 of the SL :-
http://www.superleag...rs-charged.html

Crossing the road has the potential for life ending consequences, should that be banned as well?

I'm coming into line with other posters who think you are a wind up merchant.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#303 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

It certainly looks that way.

#304 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,060 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

I haven't seen Just Browny around for a while...

:whistle:

*giggles*

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#305 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

Terry, sometimes being too experienced in something can tend to make you blinkered vision which is why my input is just as valuable as anyone elses.

For example, more companies should listen to new fresh Graduates more than they currently do as they bring fresh thought,concepts and ideas which would be in the companies best interests. Its a shame that more companies don't listen more to new employees!! Same with this Forum or anywhere else where new people enter they fray!! The new employees are often seen as a threat and we don't want the new boys getting promoted over us do we??? mentality.

#306 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

Believe me,you are in no way perceived as a threat.My company have just employed 5 graduates and they have brought some very interesting developments to my chosen industry.Hardly the mentality of someone who feels threatened.Enjoy the rest of your time inRugby League.If you come up with practical ways to improve the game,please don't hesitate to share them with us on this forum,where newcomers are always welcome.

#307 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:16 PM

Why should I believe you? From the way I've been disrespected I wouldn't want to work for you - I think you would over-rule every suggestion I'd make.

#308 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:19 PM

Why should I believe you? From the way I've been disrespected I wouldn't want to work for you - I think you would over-rule every suggestion I'd make.

When have you been disrespected,unless any view that doesn't agree with yours is disrespectful?Enjoy the forum.

#309 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

Read over this topic - it wasn't you. I found being called fake or wind-up merchant a bit offensive after a while.

#310 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,796 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

And time to let the topic rest.  Play nicely people.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users