Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

17/07/14 - Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (TV)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
309 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds Rhinos (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. Draw (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. Castleford Tigers (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote

#21 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,446 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

Looking forward to this. Leeds to win... just.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#22 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

Not quite KT !!! Too much expectancy on something can lead to too much pressure which will lead to complacency and mistakes !! The balance has got to be right in my humble opinion (sorry that sounds really dork-ish lol).

This is the answer to your 2nd question which . Before my 'silly threads about how to teach kids' I was just like a parent/helper/learner of rugby. Now, I have learn't such a lot since in short space of time that it makes me more of a Novice which now means that I am a different person as I am many more times knowledgable and also worthy of having an opinion on the game.

Its not what you were that matters - its what you are now that matters!!! Its not what you were yesterday that matters - its who you are today that matters!! I'm feeling all inspirational.

Edited by davidhubball, 17 July 2014 - 02:56 PM.

#23 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,952 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

Not quite KT !!! Too much expectancy on something can lead to too much pressure which will lead to complacency and mistakes !! The balance has got to be right in my humble opinion (sorry that sounds really dork-ish lol).

This is the answer to your 2nd question which . Before my 'silly threads about how to teach kids' I was just like a parent/helper/learner of rugby. Now, I have learn't such a lot since in short space of time that it makes me more of a Novice which now means that I am a different person as I am many more times knowledgable and also worthy of having an opinion on the game.

Its not what you were that matters - its what you are now that matters!!! Its not what you were yesterday that matters - its who you are today that matters!! I'm feeling all inspirational.

you're keeping it up very well I have to say

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#24 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

Cheers - I think we should all enjoy the game tonight!! Looking forward to quick beer in front of the TV thats for sure.

#25 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

Leeds better win or my little corner of God's own county will be a living nightmare now all the lapsed Cas supporters have crawled out of the woodwork!
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#26 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

The return of Zak Hardaker. Dun, dun, dun....

Still at least on this televised clash the RFL have prepared for any more FBC slip ups from Jamie Peacock with Ben Thaler and Phil Bentham as ref and video ref. :biggrin:

Has Dan Brown written the script for this game.... :ph34r:

Leeds 30 Cas 32

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#27 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

Briscoe always suspect under the high ball, try I reckon.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#28 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

0-6 Cas, horrible error from kick off though.

#29 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 982 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

Well, what an awful start to the game. Do either team want to get through a set?

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#30 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Should have been 0-12 but for Webster's butterfingers.

#31 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 982 posts

McGuire have himself up

#32 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 982 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

Double post

Edited by Harrigan, 17 July 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#33 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

McGuire have himself up

The tackle before that, Leeds were incredibly slow shifting the ball out right utilising too many dummy runners and passes round the back. You have the most dangerous centre in England; get it out quicker and let him stretch the defence...

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#34 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

McGuire have himself up

#35 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 982 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

Briscoe 1 Carney 1

#36 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

Briscoe makes amends.

4-6.

#37 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 982 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

The tackle before that, Leeds were incredibly slow shifting the ball out right utilising too many dummy runners and passes round the back. You have the most dangerous centre in England; get it out quicker and let him stretch the defence...

It's been a problem a few times this season. I'm expecting a bit of rustiness this morning anyway with McGuire still finding match fitness and Hardaker making his 1st appearance in 6 weeks too.

#38 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 982 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

I shake my head at fans of all teams when they boo after a tackles made from a 20m restart when the first contacts clearly made past the 30m line :lol:

Bailey in too off some good work in the left hand corner

#39 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

Should have been signalled back to one for Cas or a Cas scrum.

Instead, Leeds get a try at the other end.

Disgraceful.

#40 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

Bit of justice there as Hauraki scores.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users