Photo
- - - - -

17/07/14 - Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (TV)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
309 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds Rhinos (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. Draw (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. Castleford Tigers (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote

#161 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

Who's gonna drive him home tonight?  ;)

Damn you,predictive text.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#162 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

Bit of advice - if you love this game - stop your bitching about the RFL and let them do their f***ing job and you do yours!!! 

If your not happy, write them an email or ring them up - just stop your bitching behind their backs!! Your actually bringing the game into disrepute.

I bitched about my kids coach behind his back (wrongly or rightly) but at least I also challenged him about his methods to his face!!

The problem with men in Britain right now is that they are afraid of conflict - they avoid it at ALLLLLLL costs. I suggest we get on same level - take somebody on if they are not up to your standard - if they shout, you shout - if they ignore you, then make them listen and argue it out until you have the last word!!! Now go do it and take it direct - stop your bitchin' about the RFL!!!!

#163 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

And that's why people who can't detect irony & hint of sarcasm shouldn't read posts after a game.

Cas were lucky tonight - leeds & Wigan in the grand final despite phil Clarke tipping Cas for the double - crazy talk....

I don't know why Cas fans are talking themselves down so much. You are as good as anyone at the moment and I'd say you are better than Huddersfield were this time last year. I'd love a Leeds-Cas final if it delivered what we saw in the second half today (minus Luke Dorn shamefully getting Sinfield sent off by not moving his head out of the way)

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#164 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

2 points are all I'll make

1) we've gone to headingley,got a point and I'm disappointed which actually makes me happy in a strange way!!
2) for years we have lived in the shadow of Leeds, offering them very little competition and having to put up with their gloating and "inbred" and "unwashed" comments. Now we're doing alright they can't take it and saying we've all come out of the woodwork, oh the irony- this also makes me happy

Well written KT.

We must remember our place though - dont speak out of turn or upset the pecking order too much.

#165 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:10 PM

Great unwashed
Inbred
Scummers

My apologies, I'll take those on the chin next time as you did - oh wait....

No mention of having 6 fingers or playing the banjo? ;)

#166 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:10 PM

Who bitching about the RFL??? Just about everyone who says that Kevin Sinfield will just get 1 game match ban !!! you plank!!!

But you KT your right - I should have mentioned why I said what I said in regards to stop bitching about the RFL.

Edited by davidhubball, 17 July 2014 - 10:12 PM.

#167 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

Great unwashed
Inbred
Scummers

My apologies, I'll take those on the chin next time as you did - oh wait....

Bit hypocritical keni.When a 12 year old boy gets foul mouthed abuse from a group of adults who should know better,I think you'd react too.Again,pointless trying to be holier than thou given your Twitter activity this evening.

#168 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

Damn you,predictive text.

The trouble with it is, it's ahead of its time..................................

#169 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

Twitter and specific teams forums are not a place to be after a game. Too many people say things they shouldn't and it ends up making them look stupid.

In fact try being a Tampa a Bay Buccaneers fan! It takes days to be able to read the ###### posted every week on our forum after a loss :lol:

#170 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

Who bitching about the RFL??? Just about everyone who says that Kevin Sinfield will just get 1 game match ban !!! you plank!!!

But you KT your right - I should have mentioned why I said what I said in regards to stop bitching about the RFL.

I'm guessing that being so one eyed about things at least comes in handy when you are spending time with your famous telescope....

#171 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

No mention of having 6 fingers or playing the banjo? ;)

Why bring Belle Isle into this? 

#172 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:21 PM

Why bring Belle Isle into this?

more Miggy than Belle Isle,which is the most mis-named suburb ever!

#173 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

To Harrigan - its good to vent off somewhere and learning to vent to the right people is even better.

For you, if this isn't the place to be then why are you still here?

#174 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,018 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

Bit hypocritical keni.When a 12 year old boy gets foul mouthed abuse from a group of adults who should know better,I think you'd react too.Again,pointless trying to be holier than thou given your Twitter activity this evening.

What do you think caused my twitter activity - I'll tell you want caused it, a bloke who I had a lot of respect for tarring every cas fan with the same brush because his son got stick by cas fans, then calling me for daring to suggest that Ablett was lucky with his first try - you don't think he was lucky? THEN having to read that 'the inbreds' are enjoying their cup final and that the 'cas scummers' got sinfield sent off

I have nothing but respect for Leeds as I've shown on many occasions but tonight showed just how little respect many of them have for little old cas - not RL fans at all
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#175 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

more Miggy than Belle Isle,which is the most mis-named suburb ever!

Tis the way of these things.

Avoiding any area, or street named Mount Pleasant is usually a good idea.

#176 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:32 PM

To Harrigan - its good to vent off somewhere and learning to vent to the right people is even better.

For you, if this isn't the place to be then why are you still here?

I didn't say here. Here's ok. I said team forums and twitter. I don't even check those places after games because it's depressing.

#177 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

I liked they way the players gave massive respect to each other at the end of the game - hugs and clasping hands - you never see that in football or many other team sports. If the players respect the other team then that should give us more reason to do the same.

And if some one of our own fans is shouting abuse at a player or another fan then its our duty to ask the fan not to do that. I asked some kids not to shout swearing the other team on one occasion - they said sorry and stopped straight away. They just needed someone to ask them not to do that.

#178 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

What do you think caused my twitter activity - I'll tell you want caused it, a bloke who I had a lot of respect for tarring every cas fan with the same brush because his son got stick by cas fans, then calling me for daring to suggest that Ablett was lucky with his first try - you don't think he was lucky? THEN having to read that 'the inbreds' are enjoying their cup final and that the 'cas scummers' got sinfield sent off

I have nothing but respect for Leeds as I've shown on many occasions but tonight showed just how little respect many of them have for little old cas - not RL fans at all

The ablett tweet was a joke.It wasn't stick,it wasn't banter it was full on hatred and abuse.It would also appear that you are tarring all Leeds fans with the same brush.So tell me keni,did I really post all that?

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 17 July 2014 - 10:38 PM.

#179 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,018 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

The ablett tweet was a joke.It wasn't stick,it wasn't banter it was full on hatred and abuse.It would also appear that you are tarring all Leeds fans with the same brush.So tell me keno,did I really post all that?

I never said you did
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#180 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:38 PM

Cas has always been my favourite rivalry and I've been a Leeds fan since I was 10. I love the atmosphere and the intensity the games at your place have always brought and IMO it's always far outshone the Bradford games.

A lot of abuse gets thrown around both ways though and Leeds fans love to look down and mock little old Cas as being our backward neighbours, the same way I have friends from the Lancashire clubs who like to call Leeds sheep s***ers, r***ists and something to do with Jimmy Saville.

Let it slide like water off a ducks back. Some people think it's banter. Let them get on with it and don't lower yourself to their level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users